• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 5/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

What a fricken moron.   Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything Ole Miss has done in any sport of significance lately. Pretty reflective of the pattern  at Collie Station where they buy into the hype and crash as the season progresses.  

They made the Peach Bowl which is a NY6 Bowl.  Of course they got their asses whipped by TCU but at least they made it.  They were also in the 2016 Sugar Bowl where they beat OSU.  All of that cheating and all they got out of it was a Sugar Bowl win over 13th ranked Okie State.  

Just now, angelos's frog said:

They made the Peach Bowl which is a NY6 Bowl.  Of course they got their asses whipped by TCU but at least they made it.  They were also in the 2016 Sugar Bowl where they beat OSU.  All of that cheating and all they got out of it was a Sugar Bowl win over 13th ranked Okie State.  

Plus two wins over Bama during peak Saban years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

At first I just chucked at this, but then I realized “Dear sweet lord he’s probably 100% right”

Why do you think they are under sanctions? People talk shit about Texas controlling the Big 12, but Bama truly controls that conference. You don’t beat them 2 years in a row without being punished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well yeah, but aggy’s almost done that like 6 times.

A&M-Alabama is practically an even-steven rivalry since A&M joined the SEC, other than national championships/playoffs/SEC championships/head to head. When you factor in athletic department revenue, and Jimbo Fisher's national championship, it evens out

• Like 3

So, this is notable for the almost complete lack of mention of aggy:  https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190521/NEWS/521009993/PH/1/

In many past years, there were a lot of local valedictorians/salutatorians from the Austin area that would head over to Collieville.  My quick count had this lot 19 to 1 in favor of UT.

Have high school guidance counselors figured out that aggy has turned itself into a diploma mill?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, this is notable for the almost complete lack of mention of aggy:  https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190521/NEWS/521009993/PH/1/

In many past years, there were a lot of local valedictorians/salutatorians from the Austin area that would head over to Collieville.  My quick count had this lot 19 to 1 in favor of UT.

Have high school guidance counselors figured out that aggy has turned itself into a diploma mill?

They're missing most of the AISD schools but yeah a LOT of UT on that list. 

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Jesusfucknuggets, lighten up.

I attended one of the better AISD schools. Guess where my valedictorian and salutatorian both went.

Point being the Statesman list is probably missing more UT attendees than aggy attendees. 

8 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

A&M-Alabama is practically an even-steven rivalry since A&M joined the SEC, other than national championships/playoffs/SEC championships/head to head. When you factor in athletic department revenue, and Jimbo Fisher's national championship, it evens out

jumbo's pay, AD hires, and the string of coordinators and their pay pushes aggy clearly to the front

Okie St had as many as aggy on that list. Now if we could just recruit football, baseball, and basketball like we do valedictorians.

That gallery is like some kind of bizarro-world inverse version of the APD booking thread complete with racial stereotypes.  Just with different races.
That's fine, but you'll be serving them fries while they're on the way to a ski vacation.