Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Appears he's watching game tape. Has that "ohh #&*$, what have I done" look.

He's probably watching "Poker 101: How not to overplay your hand and be forced to take a 2nd rate job"

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

This is setting up perfectly for the football season. After losing in baseball to their rivals they've now put all their hope in football. 

A bad season in football is going to be hilarious to watch. It has all the makings of a meltdown. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

so what does everyone think they do for the season realistically

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-texas-am-aggies-football-schedule.php

I see then 2-2 after the first two games I wish they were playing the ULM of a few years back that stepped up to play a lot of good teams really close (and beat Arkansas), but ULM seems to have faded lately

with a 2-2 record the sheep humpers will already be worried, but the refrain will be "new coach, sumlin hangover, early season struggles, but getting better because "coach can coach" "

I see the Arkansas game as pivotal they have had Arkansa's number lately (when they should have lost most of them) and I am not sure how Chad will do at Arkansas yet....Arkansas has 3 games they should win before Auburn so they should be 3-1 going into the aggie game with aggie 2-2 so a big game for both of them

I am going to go on a bit of a limb and call a loss for aggie against Arkansas I think that Chad will have better "romentum" being 3-1 and aggie will be on edge being 2-2 and the reality of Chad having a better upside over Bert (who I admit I thought was a good hire for Arkansas at the time) over Jumbo the money man will prevent another one of a long line of meltdowns for Arkansas to snatch defeat from victory

not really saying that Chad is a better coach than Jumbo, but just that Bert had lost the team a great deal more than Rumlin and the momentum of being 3-1 Vs 2-2 (with a 7.5 million dollar coach) will just be too much

I also think that Saban and Dabo might put a bit of an asswhipping exclamation point on Jumbo......as a bit of "thanks for fucking the FSU/ACC and "welcome to the SEC SEC SEC big money boy"

the next game Kentucky at pyle I will have as a win simply because Kentucky is not that good and while I think the romentum for aggie will be shit it is still Kentucky @ pyle and I don't think i can just shit here and say that I think that aggie really falls off the map with Jumbo Vs Rumlin

so that has aggie 3-3 heading to SC.....I will have Boom and the Gang getting a win here he knows what kind of chodes aggie is and.....plus Boom has them playing some good football and I think he will pay close attention to the Clemson game (a team that SC knows well) and will take some things from that asswhipping and apply them to that aggie ass again......SC is coming off some momentum from last year as well plus I think they will be 6-1 with the only loss to Georgia and coming off a thumping/scrimmage over Missouri they should be ready to put the Boom on aggie to get a really good season rolling along

so that has aggie 3-4 with the shit really hitting the fan, but the "Rumlin left the cupboard bare" refrain in full swing and the "total system change taking place and this is a multi-year project" coming in loud and clear

I have a win over MSU a loss to Auburn and a win over Ole' Miss.....really with the MSU game on the road for a two games on the road swing for aggie it could easily be a loss, but I put an Arkansas loss on them and a SC loss on them that they beat both of last year (while losing to MSU) so I will place a win to give them some benefit of the doubt

that three game swing would get them to 5-5 with UAB next up so that gets them to 6-5 with the Corndogs coming to pyle.....I will put this down as a loss LSU just loves to kick the shit out of aggie and they did so last year even though they totally sucked and while aggie can claim they had given up last year well what do you think their soft as fuck 4* and 5* playaz will do with a coach like Jumbo (see FSU last year) and staring at a shitty 7-5 Vs 6-6 record plus aggies will stay home in droves as a "protest" on the second day after Thanksgiving so no home field advantage

so I have them going 6-6 which I think is pretty realistic because I doubt they beat both SC and Arkansas and I am giving them a MSU and Ole' Miss win

no chance they beat Clemson, Alabama or Auburn so that is three losses right there and with Arkansas, MSU, SC, Ole. Miss and LSU they only need one loss to get to 8-4 and again I think the 2-2 start takes it's toll on them and they lose to Arkansas finally and that starts a slide with a bad win over Kentucky and the SC loss

even with a win over Arkansas and Kentucky they would be 4-2 before road games back to back with SC and MSU and they barely won at home last year against SC when SC was playing poorly and they lost to MSU last year (when aggie was sliding to firing Rumlin)

they do have an off week between SC and MSU, but they are on the road at Auburn the week after MSU as well and aggie has not played back to back road games since 2013 and they had an off week between those......so a road, bye, road, road stretch is something they are not used to and with SC, MSU and Auburn they are surely not sued tot hat either

so no way they head onto that off week better than 4-3 and probably 3-4 and even at 4-3 with MSU next at MSU that they lost to last season that is a lot weighing on them especially with Auburn @ Auburn the next week so that is not much of a relaxing off week (plenty of time to have an arrest or two though!)

so at BEST I see 7-5 and that means a total meltdown and probably the SEC SEC SEC giving them a bowl game they will be over matched in as a reward for spending $7.5 million on a 7-5 coach and underachieving the entire time they have been in the sEC SEC SEC and the SEC SEC SEC having to help them dodge Big 12 teams in bowl games a few times.....so I can see 7-6 to end it all and a lot of "next year"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

People still buy Dave Campbell’s? Don’t get me wrong back in the day like the 80s it was the shit. Now, why buy? Did they go back to covering high school football like they used to? 

Yes they cover high school football like crazy. They break down the stats, projected outcomes, records, who makes he playoffs, who misses, etc.

Aggy isn't beating MSU.  And Kentucky is a toss up.  Both are about the same IMO.  I do have Chad beating Jimbo.  Aggy will be hurting after playing Bama' the week before and Chad will take advantage of it.  I'm betting he attacks that shitty aggy secondary a lot as well.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy isn't beating MSU.  And Kentucky is a toss up.  Both are about the same IMO.  I do have Chad beating Jimbo.  Aggy will be hurting after playing Bama' the week before and Chad will take advantage of it.  I'm betting he attacks that shitty aggy secondary a lot as well.

I hope Arky Chad blows them out.

Both Mississippi schools have new coaches (ole miss hired their interim from last year). I do think that MSU probably won’t miss a beat with Mullen gone as Morehead was a decent OC at Penn State. Shoop is a pretty serviceable DC. Ole miss is in bad shape. No way aggy loses to Ole miss.

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  The boots are positioned as if he had his legs crossed, but they aren't or one leg would be higher and visible in the photo.

Hahaha - you're right.  the boot we see in the foreground is a right foot, but it's attached to his left leg - clearly his legs aren't crossed.

Hahaha - you're right.  the boot we see in the foreground is a right foot, but it's attached to his left leg - clearly his legs aren't crossed.

Man y'all try too hard sometime. It's clear his legs are crossed, plenty of shit to make fun of aggy for but why nit pick legs in a photo on the cover of a magazine. Especially when it's prime content for photoshopping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'd forgotten how many Aggies are coal-minin', boot-lovin' horse-riders. Manly men who do manly things in a manly way to maintain their totally secure vision of themselves as manful males and not phonies.

Howdy! I'm a cowboy-soldier! How do you like my manly military bearing? Howdy!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

so what does everyone think they do for the season realistically

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-texas-am-aggies-football-schedule.php

Six wins.

Though now that I think more about it it will likely go down like this.   They beat Clemson and catapult up to like 3rd in the rankings.   Then, in typical fashion, Clemson wins out while Aggy falls back to earth, however that win will keep the SEC ranking thing alive far longer than it should.   Until November...everything in College Station dies in November.

Edited by Hurtlocker

27 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"I'd forgotten how many Aggies are coal-minin', boot-lovin' horse-riders. Manly men who do manly things in a manly way to maintain their totally secure vision of themselves as manful males and not phonies. "

Just like in the movie, Broke Back Mountain"?

They left out "cuck"

54 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"I'd forgotten how many Aggies are coal-minin', boot-lovin' horse-riders. Manly men who do manly things in a manly way to maintain their totally secure vision of themselves as manful males and not phonies. "

Just like in the movie, Broke Back Mountain"?

Funnily enough the guys in Brokeback Mountain were infinitely more authentic cowboys/outdoorsmen than 99% of ags will ever be.

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

maybe baggins has signed, but sharp has not..... hmmmmm.....

I’m betting this is the case. So aggy if true. Never work for aggy and if you make a mistake and do, make damn sure you have a signed and notarized written deal with every page initialed in blue ink. 

• Like 1

I think they will suck. But the last time I thought they would suck was Johnny Football's freshman year. 

Realistically they're probably 7-5, with an outside shot at 8-4. I think they break the LSU streak and beat Ogre because he's a bungling moron. Automatic loses to Clemson, Bama and Auburn. They'll probably lose two to MSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, or South Carolina, but have a chance to only drop one of those. 

56 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Apparently Jimbo has not signed his contract yet.

32b056aeda7d359ac26b39f319d1d87e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That quote from official aggy is very telling. So baggins is too busy recruiting and having press conferences to “hammer out” a deal huh? I thought that’s what agents and lawyers were for.

The bottom line is there is no final deal in place and one has to wonder if aggy isn’t having second thoughts over their idiotic decision. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That quote from official aggy is very telling. So baggins is too busy recruiting and having press conferences to “hammer out” a deal huh? I thought that’s what agents and lawyers were for.

The bottom line is there is no final deal in place and one has to wonder if aggy isn’t having second thoughts over their idiotic decision. 

Meh. He's not going to second guess aggy unless someone else offers him $75 million guaranteed, which nobody will.