• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Never forget

Despite Baylor and TCU having more success last season, and Baylor being more successful over the past two seasons, Texas A&M is the premiere program in the state.

It's more than just wins and losses. A&M first of all is set to lead the nation in attendance this year. That's big, and our fanbase is massive. We also just signed a multi million dollar deal with Adidas. A&M plays on national TV each week, sometimes on CBS, which translates into a lot of eyeballs and TV ratings making them a national brand. 

Then there is recruiting. We continue to dominate recruiting rankings which validates what our program has become and shows that recruits want to be here. I feel like recruiting is HUGE when it comes to the influence and footprint of a program, because it either validates or rejects what your program is. The fact that we are doing so well in recruiting PROVES that our program is a big one that the best want to be associated with. If Baylor and TCU were truly marquee programs they would be pulling in the state's top recruits.

Baylor and TCU may have had 11 and 12 win seasons, conference titles, and played in a big bowl, but they aren't A&M. They don't have the fanbase, they don't have the attendance, they don't play on the big networks and have the TV ratings and aren't big TV draws which makes them a regional brand at best. They also lack the recruiting pull that A&M has. 

I would compare it to the iPhone. Texas A&M is the iPhone - a big brand. We always hear about how new phones are "iPhone Killers" but never kill the iPhone. While these iPhone killers may be more impressive pieces of technology that are more powerful and functional, the iPhone still outsells them big time. Baylor and TCU are those iPhone killers. They may be better on the field, but in the big picture, adding in factors like attendance and recruiting and TV ratings, they don't stack up. Texas A&M is the brand name.

I'd rather win 8 games every year and yet be tops in the nation in attendance, recruiting, and national recognition, than win 11 games and have limited appeal. It's more about wins/losses, its about the program's footprint as a whole which is more than just wins and losses.

Edited by Auto Driller
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

I thought aggy despised "t-shirt" fans. 

They hate us and they hate our fans. Because of the legends they tell themselves about us, not anything we actually do. They will make up whatever BS they need to to justify their irrational nonsense.

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I just have a general question about aggy. I am a die-hard Red Raider in his late 30s so I know what aggy is generally. I know why I dislike them and make fun of them and I know you guys do the same. My question is why do they hate UT so much, other than better academics, a better town, better athletics and facilities? Does aggy hate the liberal setting in Austin because they are mostly backward idiots? Are the aggy t-shirt fans mostly white trash and think of you guys as snobby elitists?  I saw a guy post on Texags when you guys beat Tennessee Tech “that he hates UT to the very core of his being”.

They act that way because they have a 2" dick.

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

You can always tell which one in the group is the aggy. And if not, he/she will let you know they are aggy in the first few sentences they speak to you or ask 'where'd you go to school?'. 

Duh...the aggy will be wearing their maroon t-shirt, with upside down horns cut off.

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ball talk. Real footbaw. Corches.

Jimbo  admitted that he still was learning all of the aggy ways.  He said he was presented with a thick book when he was hired back in December to offer him the back story as to why a&m's muster, 12th man and other traditions were so revered.  He "quipped" that the only book thicker is his play book....and that he added a team tradition after experiencing his first aggy ring ceremony and made each player write down what the a&m helmet means to them.

We are gonna like jimbo, I believe.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

If they are better in a non-debateable sort of way, why did they lose both the Regionals they have met us at since going to the SEC?

Bagmen, NCAA corruption, payoffs, media bias, bad luck, and whatnot.  You know..... the usual excuses 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I just have a general question about aggy. I am a die-hard Red Raider in his late 30s so I know what aggy is generally. I know why I dislike them and make fun of them and I know you guys do the same. My question is why do they hate UT so much, other than better academics, a better town, better athletics and facilities? Does aggy hate the liberal setting in Austin because they are mostly backward idiots? Are the aggy t-shirt fans mostly white trash and think of you guys as snobby elitists?  I saw a guy post on Texags when you guys beat Tennessee Tech “that he hates UT to the very core of his being”.

I wondered just how and why the animosity between aggy and Ut started, so I did some research, gathered various documents, discussed it with some Texas historians and found my answer.

From the beginning, aggy was disliked by the people of Texas because it was a construct of the Republican Reconstruction legislature, not of the "legitimate" people of Texas. It wasn't 'by Texans, for Texans." Also, the federal government established a small endowment when the ag college was started, but funding it was largely a financial obligation forced upon hte state by the hated Reconstruction federal government.

The PUF was created in 1958, but when aggy opened its doors in 1876 (a date mandated by the federal legislation), the University was still getting sorted out. To gain funding, the agricultural interests in the legislature tried to pass a bill that would have no established the university, made aggy the de facto university, and given the entire PUF to aggy. The business interests in the state went nuts and, with the help of the governor, slapped the aggy board of directors back into their place. That pissed off the aggy directors. Also, when the university was hiring professors, they hired none from the ag college. The ag professors took this as an insult.

Moving forward, as the ag school was largely a high school for miscreant farm boys, the Board of Regents wanted nothing to do with the ag college and wouldn't grant them money from the PUF. There were a lot of fights. In 1915 and 1919, there were amendments to sever the two institutions, but they were voted down, so the UT BOR was essentially stuck with the branch ag school. The ags went to the legislature to force the BOR to help fund the ag college. The BOR didn't like having the legislature constantly interfering.

All this time, teh ags were constantly acting like jackasses and the majority of the people of Texas saw them as an annoyance.

So, you have the ag college and the university regents fighting over money, constantly bringing the legislature in to interfere, and the ag students were seen as second rate by the people of Texas.

Those early squabbles intensified over time. In the 1930s, UT was already admitted to the AAU, while aggy was fighting to keep its accreditation.

It was a shitshow from the start. The two factions have never peacefully co-existed.

• Like 2

Since news outlets have yet to report on this and Texas A&M University has failed it’s students and it’s community, I will spread awareness via social media. Please share to support and to be part of the solution to this problem. 

Austin Van Overdam was found responsible for rape by the Title IX board and only given ONE semester of suspension and was allowed to return to the A&M swim team to compete. He tried to claim the victim was mentally ill and that depression made her an unreliable source, ultimately gaslighting her and making her afraid to speak out against it. The victim later emailed A&M’s head swimming coach explaining her disappointment that they let Overdam back onto the team to compete. Lori Williams, Sr. Associate Athletic’s Director for A&M and once the Title IX coordinator, intercepted the email to proudly claim that they did the bare minimum punishment that Title IX allows and that they will not take further action. The email sounded quite condescending with, “regret your displeasure,” and, “seek healing”. How is the victim supposed to seek healing when A&M holds this athlete up on a pedestal and refuses to take him off the team nor kick him out of the university? 

When Stanford rapist, Brock Turner, was convicted of rape they banned him from campus. Why is Austin Van Overdam still on campus and still competing on the A&M swim team? Because Texas A&M University cares more about their athletic teams winning than they do about the safety and well-being of their students.

Attached is the victim’s tweet (which now has 3,700 RTs and over 7,000 likes) with Lori William’s email and a screenshot of Austin Van Overdam’s swimming profile. 

Here are some people you need to be contacting if this disgusts you as much as it does me. 
Lori Williams - lwilliams@athletics.tamu.edu
Jay Holmes (head coach) - jholmes@athletics.tamu.edu
Blanca Lupiani (dean of faculty) - dof@tamu.edu
Anne Reber (dean of students) - studentlife@tamu.edu
Michael Young (president of A&M) - PresidentYoung@tamu.edu 

If you’re not angered and disgusted, you are part of the problem.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Like 1

That's fucked up but you know aggy won't do anything morally right when it involves one of their athletes.  I can't wait for the victim shaming that is forthcoming by the aggy faithful who have never even heard of this dude before.

Edited by txhorns

23 hours ago, ousux said:
On 6/11/2018 at 10:28 AM, Longboard Horn said:
aggy spending at its finest. What a waste of money.

Looks like it was literally built from leftover cinder blocks, and a couple construction workers who were paid with a case of Bud light..

Reruns from "that other place": 

aggy_stairwaytonowhere_dj.jpg

aggy_stadium_wall_dj.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm in Birmingham for work (I know, FML) and was catching the Pawwwwl Finebaum show on the way back to the hotel.  Doofus McDoofusPants called in from College Station and asked what the national perception would be when aggy beats down Clempson in the opener.  Finebaum was polite, but you could tell he had some "bless your heart" in his response.  Aggy left satisfied.  Gonna be a bad Thursday night of football for them.

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I'm in Birmingham for work (I know, FML) and was catching the Pawwwwl Finebaum show on the way back to the hotel.  Doofus McDoofusPants called in from College Station and asked what the national perception would be when aggy beats down Clempson in the opener.  Finebaum was polite, but you could tell he had some "bless your heart" in his response.  Aggy left satisfied.  Gonna be a bad Thursday night of football for them.

I'm very confused. It'll be a horrendous Thursday night for them if they lose their opener, because they open with Northwestern State not Clemson.

I was giving an aggy shit on the twitter account because of the fake aggy military "history" claims. We were talking about the aggy lie that more aggys served as officers during WWII than graduates of USMA and USNA combined.

I substantiated the number of academy graduates that served during WWII, but he is stating I have no proof those graduates didn't serve as enlisted personnel. Therefore, in his mind, the aggy claim is probably true.

True story.

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

a85184b8cdf67a8e9ffc1461a929874c.png

I know the last few years overall have been down for UT baseball, but just for shits and grins I thought I'd compare the actual stats since aggy joined the SEC.

Texas:                                                                                                            Aggy:

Head to Head Victories                  4                                                                                                                     2

Overall Record*                                 209-149 .584                                                                                                250-130 .658

Conf. Regular Season Titles          1                                                                                                                     0

Conf. Tournament Titles                1                                                                                                                     1

Regional Appearances                   4                                                                                                                     5

Regional Record                              8-5 .615                                                                                                        13-5 .722

Regional Championships               2                                                                                                                     2

Super Regional Appearances         2                                                                                                                    2

Super Regional Record                   4-1 .800                                                                                                         3-2 .600

Super Regional Championships     2                                                                                                                    1

CWS Record*                                    3-2 .600                                                                                                        0-2 .000

CWS Titles*                                        0 (1 runnerup)                                                                                              0

*Does not include 2018 CWS

The idiot that posts under Flexbone on Texags a complete dumbass. 

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He also said Texas actively worked to bar U  of H from the Big 12. 

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

b) Yeah, because it was a dumb idea and would have hurt UT to include them. That's how things work.

Even dumber as it would hurt A&M recruiting in Houston as well if UH joined a P5 conference.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Yep. The only SEC school not to post a winning record in conference play in at least one major sport. 

Well, the SEC is so difficult that probably not even 10% of teams in it can post a winning conference record, ya stupid sip.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Here is something I just noticed, during the 2017-2018 academic year, aggy failed to post a winning record in any of the 3 major sports.

A losing record in the SECSEC would be undefeated in the BDF, you stupid sip!  That's not debatable.

Edited by OU Sucks

8 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

aggy_stadium_wall_dj.jpg

I'm not sure which I hate more, the arrogance of the athletics program that thinks so little of the intelligence of it's fans that it would ask someone to pay money to sit in one of those seats, or the idiocy of fan that does so happily.