• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This.  Weigman coming back, younger players older, etc.  Hope springs eternal and their offseason will be glorious to watch when the results are the same.  

If Weigman comes back, his family is dumber than I thought.  That kid needs to find a better OL before he gets permanently disabled

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ. Jimbo could lose out and still aint getting fired after this season

Next season, sure. But THEY DONT HAVE 76 MILLION.

the highest buyout actually paid in CFB history was Malzahn at Auburn for 21 million, right?

This is almost 4x that much

Stoopid sip. aggy paying ~100mm to get rid of their corch, then committing another ~150 for the next one just shows that aggy is richer and superior in all ways to tu. 
Advantage aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

All levity and aggy joaks aside, I think it would be very, very bad for them to hire Urban. And I don't mean bad for them - at least not until the next heart attack or brain arachnoids.

I'm not sure Urban's manipulative bully act would fly in this era of cfb. Plus, he ran from the SEC as soon as he saw what Saban had going. Why would he go back to coach an inferior program to the one he left AND deal with the additional headache of Texas and the dirt burglars? 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I think he would - or does - want to be the first to win NC at three different schools. That would be a first, wouldn't it?  I don't know that "bullying" is the only, or even the main, reason for his success in college. 

It was also paying players and a lot of other under handed stuff. NIL removes one of his main competitive advantages 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I'm not sure Urban's manipulative bully act would fly in this era of cfb. Plus, he ran from the SEC as soon as he saw what Saban had going. Why would he go back to coach an inferior program to the one he left AND deal with the additional headache of Texas and the dirt burglars? 

I think Urban would be a spectacular train wreck at aggy.  Which is why I would love to see it happen. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It was also paying players and a lot of other under handed stuff. NIL removes one of his main competitive advantages 

The paying is already in progress. aggy gots the players, really just needs coaching. JimBob ain't the guy, and nor was Rumlin.

24 minutes ago, nnm said:

Stoopid sip. aggy paying ~100mm to get rid of their corch, then committing another ~150 for the next one just shows that aggy is richer and superior in all ways to tu. 
Advantage aggy. 

At some point, that is how they're going to rationalize it.

We should want them to lose one more game this season and that's it.

Stay in the 4 loss range- football Purgatory. Latter Day Mack Brown or John Mackovic. It's torture for a fanbase, but they absolutely do not have the money to fire him. If it gets bad enough, they'll do everything possible to scrape the money together somehow.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Tex Pete said:

At some point, that is how they're going to rationalize it.

We should want them to lose one more game this season and that's it.

Stay in the 4 loss range- football Purgatory. Latter Day Mack Brown or John Mackovic. It's torture for a fanbase, but they absolutely do not have the money to fire him. If it gets bad enough, they'll do everything possible to scrape the money together somehow.

Some of the latest screenshots make it seem as if they’ve reached the point of rooting for losses so Bilbo can be fired. That’s a miserable place to be as a fan. Which is why it’s delicious for everyone outside the cult to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

Some of the latest screenshots make it seem as if they’ve reached the point of rooting for losses so Bilbo can be fired. That’s a miserable place to be as a fan. Which is why it’s delicious for everyone outside the cult to watch. 

Right. Hope they continue to win meaningless games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nnm said:

Needs a Title - I'm thinking Memories of Mack and Mac.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Certainly a possibility, but what form would it take to be more spectacular than what they've already got?

I’m not sure it could be. Last year in particular was absolutely delicious. Having landed the bestest crootin class of all time, they proceeded to faceplant with a 5-7 record featuring the home loss to App St.  Next year could be absolutely golden epic, with the 12-year SECX3 head start, non-stop SECX3 fellating, and crowing about the first UT game being at CS. A UT victory there might just be as good as it will ever get vis-a-vis the “rivalry.”

IMHO, Urban would also be a train wreck. But you may be right—it may not get better than the current situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dec3169 said:

You know they are trying to figure out how to set up a honeypot with a hooker and cocaine.  Fired with cause FTW.

Again, the only way he’s getting fired for cause is if, to paraphrase the honorable Edwin Edwards, he gets caught with a live boy or a dead girl. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ. Jimbo could lose out and still aint getting fired after this season

Next season, sure. But THEY DONT HAVE 76 MILLION.

the highest buyout actually paid in CFB history was Malzahn at Auburn for 21 million, right?

This is almost 4x that much

They don't need 76 Million tomorrow. I feel confident they can come up with the less than $20 million they actually would need soon. Sure they will owe him millions every year but it they find a coach at say Sarkisian salary level then they are basically needing to come up with the initial egg and an extra $6M a year.  While I don't expect it this year I think it is well within the possibility.  Right now I'm sure it is more of trying to find their new guy before doing anything else. If the right guy becomes or is available I don't think they are going to wait.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

They don't need 76 Million tomorrow. I feel confident they can come up with the less than $20 million they actually would need soon. Sure they will owe him millions every year but it they find a coach at say Sarkisian salary level then they are basically needing to come up with the initial egg and an extra $6M a year.  While I don't expect it this year I think it is well within the possibility.  Right now I'm sure it is more of trying to find their new guy before doing anything else. If the right guy becomes or is available I don't think they are going to wait.

But they would need plenty more up front to buy out assistants and bring in new coaches.

And who is the "right guy" next? They got a sitting national championship head coach. They previously stole a coach from Alabama. They previously got an NFL coordinator. They've stolen coaches from less wealthy programs. I am not sure they know what they're looking for next. They have to be a little gun shy on that side of the equation.

Of course we have also been cursed in that endeavor.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

I don’t believe there is a cause clause in his contract.

I believe the response is "Cause Clause? 'Cause we gonna call Chuy y El Flaco, that's why." 

For the more literate, the reference would be "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

There is no right guy. Their institutional weirdness cannot be overcome.

I agree. Their culture is the issue. 

Just saying I don’t think right now there is anyone they could coalesce around.

With Jimbo, they really beat their chests about taking a “sitting NC head coach.” Meanwhile, we were pointing out his OL had completely fallen apart, he was coaching his team to a losing record, and he would be fired within a relatively short time frame. 

Of course they always eventually settle on a self-serving narrative that they blest about endlessly. 

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

With Jimbo, they really beat their chests about taking a “sitting NC head coach.” Meanwhile, we were pointing out his OL had completely fallen apart, he was coaching his team to a losing record, and he would be fired within a relatively short time frame. 

Of course they always eventually settle on a self-serving narrative that they blest about endlessly. 

Dabo, Urban, or Saban are the only ones I think they could coalesce around. My money’s on Dabo. He’s grown stale and is starting to lash out at the fans. 

14 minutes ago, nnm said:

Dabo, Urban, or Saban are the only ones I think they could coalesce around. My money’s on Dabo. He’s grown stale and is starting to lash out at the fans. 

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I'm here for it.

I could go for any of these, for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

So, they can fire him, but they still have to PAY him?

This is the language in the contract, apparently. Miz Long was so incredulous when it was signed that she actually read it. She's a Criminal Defense lawyer, not civil / contracts, but she's not stupid... she went through it a few times, and thought the only way out for aggy might be a claim of self-evident insanity.

NOTE: JimBob can leave when he wants, and there is no buy-out for him, so there is a possibility that aggy could come up with a way to persuade him to walk away, probably involving damaging evidentiary material and a significantly smaller payoff.

It will continue to be extremely entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t care. Got jimbo.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, nnm said:

I cannot see any circumstance that would get Saban to A&M.   Who the fuck knows about Urban; the dude is a complete wildcard, imo.

Now, I could see Dabo at A&M with all his good 'ol boy Jeeezus shit.  They'd eat that act up.  

I mean what could go wrong w/ hiring another national champeenship ACC corch whose program seems to be back-sliding?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I cannot see any circumstance that would get Saban to A&M.   Who the fuck knows about Urban; the dude is a complete wildcard, imo.

Now, I could see Dabo at A&M with all his good 'ol boy Jeeezus shit.  They'd eat that act up.  

I mean what could go wrong w/ hiring another national champeenship ACC corch whose program seems to be back-sliding?  

They've already built a church of iniquity that is straight out of Dabo's playbook.

37 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We don't have to hope for them to win meaningless games. Jimbo is not going anywhere whether he wins or loses. Losing more games and staying is more fun for me.

At some point, they’ll start selling meth or making sheep shit smoothies to fund his buyout. I’d like to see him last 4 or 5 more years.  

• Haha 2