Juicy Smalls Trial Started This Week

Harrison Bergeron

4 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Whitlock for the win.

BFF15326-3DF3-4837-98EB-3964A157C546.png

Yeah, that's a really simplistic view of the racism embedded in our system.  And it's not just racism, it's classism, too.

Juries get it right an amazing amount of the time.  But it has only been illegal to be racist in jury selection for 35 years, and it's still alarmingly easy to be racist in jury selection.

But 80-plus percent of criminal cases are not resolved by jury trials, but instead by plea bargain, where the cost of defense is prohibitive, public defenders are stretched too thin, and the biases of police, prosecutors, and judges are unchecked.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

This level of outrage is bizarre to me. I mean dude attempted a pathetic hoax and everyone -- black and white -- is laughing at him now and his career is destroyed utterly. IDGAF if he does any time. He could be sentenced to a month and I wouldn't care. If he gets probation I don't care, either. 

Time behind bars means time when I won't have to listen to that stupid mfer complain about the great conspiracy. You know he wont shut the fuck up about it, no matter how ridiculous his story is. 

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I never got the defense strategy: yes, my client fucks the defendants and whacks off a lot in their presence BUT these guys are worse than my client? 

They were just doing that to emphasize that their client is gay. I mean, in case you weren't aware that he is, in fact, a gay man. Not bi, not bi-curious, just pure gay. 

Edited by immortal13
nttawwt

12 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

a healthy national conversation requires our informational gatekeepers to do even the most basic of evaluation before running with a story and giving idiots like this a platform to espouse Idiocracy.

That ship sailed, and it’s never coming back. We are fucked.

edited to add a big fucking LOL at “informational gatekeepers”. We live in a world where some Russian dude can start up a rumor that Hilary Clinton eats dead babies, boost it through social media, and suddenly millions of Americans believe it.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

This level of outrage is bizarre to me. I mean dude attempted a pathetic hoax and everyone -- black and white -- is laughing at him now and his career is destroyed utterly. IDGAF if he does any time. He could be sentenced to a month and I wouldn't care. If he gets probation I don't care, either. 

Staging false racist/racially motivated crimes is a fucked up thing to do so the outrage is well placed.  

This wasn’t  a college fraternity prank.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Staging false racist/racially motivated crimes is a fucked up thing to do so the outrage is well placed.  

I agree with this. Dude poured gasoline on an already raging fire to see what else will burn. Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The lead-in is that people doubt his account.  Wtf are you going on about?  I don’t blame any media from putting some on air if it’s a big news story.

Pretending that wasn’t an interview to help/accommodate his cause is cute.  The question is, what are you going on about?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Make this asshole pay for all the hours wasted investigating and prosecuting this bullshit case and maybe then I will be close to satisfied.  Otherwise he needs to rot in jail until Hell freezes over.

Kind of a curious viewpoint.

On the one hand, you seem to think it's merely a matter of inconvenience and expense that can be compensated like a civil matter.

On the other, you seem to think that its a crime that deserves a lengthy sentence.

Apparently, each count of conviction has a three-year max.  Although the judge has some discretion to make them run consecutively, that seems rather unlikely.

24 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Make this asshole pay for all the hours wasted investigating and prosecuting this bullshit case and maybe then I will be close to satisfied.  Otherwise he needs to rot in jail until Hell freezes over.

Sooo punish this guy for wasting taxpayer resources by…wasting more taxpayer resources?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, especially in the environment we were / are in.

There's plenty of reason to be pissed at that piece of shit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Pretending that wasn’t an interview to help/accommodate his cause is cute.  The question is, what are you going on about?

I'm laughing at the false memory that the media backed him up for weeks as being attacked by MAGA followers. Within a couple of days that story was questioned by everyone as the details were leaked. But carry on.

I hope Juicy faces jail time for what he did. He did a lot to hurt America and needs to face the consequences.

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Sooo punish this guy for wasting taxpayer resources by…wasting more taxpayer resources?

I missed the part where a person stupidly causing taxpayers to bear the cost of their illegal actions was not harmful in any way.  So now he can make millions by selling his fucked up life story to the networks or movie moguls and get to keep it all ?  At least make him an example of how not to do insanely stupid shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Kind of a curious viewpoint.

On the one hand, you seem to think it's merely a matter of inconvenience and expense that can be compensated like a civil matter.

On the other, you seem to think that its a crime that deserves a lengthy sentence.

Apparently, each count of conviction has a three-year max.  Although the judge has some discretion to make them run consecutively, that seems rather unlikely.

Yes, pick one hand or the other, or do both.  The idea that this clown basically gets off with nothing for the total waste of time and money he has caused, and maybe gets rich from it in the future, just pisses me off.  Those who think he is just some poor innocent victim have their HUA.

8 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

I missed the part where a person stupidly causing taxpayers to bear the cost of their illegal actions was not harmful in any way.

So did I, please point out that part in my post.

So now he can make millions by selling his fucked up life story to the networks or movie moguls and get to keep it all ?  At least make him an example of how not to do insanely stupid shit.

So the answer is yes. You want to punish him for wasting tax payer dollars by making an example of him by wasting more tax payer dollars. All you had to say was 'yes'.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don't believe a long sentence is warranted, as I am generally against long sentences for non-violent offenders or the Madoff type financial predators/scam artists.  He should pay restitution though.  Restitution and shock probation would seem just to me.

Yep, agreed.

I might even be down for six months or a year in prison with "good time."  But do agree that a restitution judgment seems entirely appropriate no matter what.  I do know that the feds can fuck with you bigtime over restitution judgments, it's much like an IRS tax lien:  no homestead, hardly any exemptions, lasts forever, etc. etc.  I assume state restitution judgments are similar.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If you watch that interview linked above, he blames his fictional mugging on the fact that he was a so vociferously anti-trump (he calls him "45"). Juicy not only staged a hate crime, he did it to misrepresent millions of people with whom he disagrees politically... He viewed this fictional mugging as a political weapon, not just an attention getter.

This guy is utter scum and should be thrown in general population for whatever length of time these felony charges allow for.

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don't believe a long sentence is warranted, as I am generally against long sentences for non-violent offenders or the Madoff type financial predators/scam artists.  He should pay restitution though.  Restitution and shock probation would seem just to me.

What I meant to say I am against prison terms for nonviolent offenders except for the Madoff types.

Is there a way that the judge can insert in his sentencing that if he writes a book about his life that it go toward paying back the taxpayers for all the man hours etc. wasted on his case? He shouldn't profit from his bullshit behavior and lies. Gay Tupac needs to cough up restitution regardless, but he should not profit from a book deal about this crime. 

Also, the judge who decides his sentence might be a little peeved by his perjury in his court, this dude is going to get more than shock probation jail time for that. He would maybe have gotten that if he weren't so arrogant as to go up and lie but he did so he should pay. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm laughing at the false memory that the media backed him up for weeks as being attacked by MAGA followers. Within a couple of days that story was questioned by everyone as the details were leaked. But carry on.

I hope Juicy faces jail time for what he did. He did a lot to hurt America and needs to face the consequences.

You said in your original post that they abandoned his story after 2 days.  That ABC interview, which was designed to give him every benefit of the doubt and prop him up, was well after your claim.

Perhaps you should back away from lobbing "false memory" bombs.

The rest, regarding consequences for Juicy, we are in agreement.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is there a way that the judge can insert in his sentencing that if he writes a book about his life that it go toward paying back the taxpayers for all the man hours etc. wasted on his case? He shouldn't profit from his bullshit behavior and lies. Gay Tupac needs to cough up restitution regardless, but he should not profit from a book deal about this crime. 

Also, the judge who decides his sentence might be a little peeved by his perjury in his court, this dude is going to get more than shock probation jail time for that. He would maybe have gotten that if he weren't so arrogant as to go up and lie but he did so he should pay. 

He's not going to profit in any meaningful way from this nonsense. His career is DOA and has been since this all went down, he admitted as much on the stand. I mean we're talking about a guy who other than a BET and couple of Teen Choice Award nominations for his work on Empire  really only has a collection of one-off supporting roles on a variety of random TV show episodes.

Aside from scoring a couple of post trial interviews while the iron is still hot, a book about this guy's life written a few years from now will be lucky to break a thousand copies on Amazon. 

Edited by smuggs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, smuggs said:

He's not going to profit in any meaningful way from this nonsense. His career is DOA and has been since this all went down, he admitted as much on the stand. I mean we're talking about a guy who aside from a BET and couple of Teen Choice Award nominations for his work on Empire  really only has a collection of one-off supporting roles on a variety of random TV show episodes.

Aside from scoring a couple of post trial interviews while the iron is still hot, a book about this guy's life written a few years from now will be lucky to break a thousand copies on Amazon. 

Why be happy with reality (he’s going to pay restitution for his crime, lose his career and serve time) when you can stay enraged by creating an alternate reality (THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE IS GOING TO GET RICH OFF THIS CRIME!!!)?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that's a really simplistic view of the racism embedded in our system.  And it's not just racism, it's classism, too.

Juries get it right an amazing amount of the time.  But it has only been illegal to be racist in jury selection for 35 years, and it's still alarmingly easy to be racist in jury selection.

But 80-plus percent of criminal cases are not resolved by jury trials, but instead by plea bargain, where the cost of defense is prohibitive, public defenders are stretched too thin, and the biases of police, prosecutors, and judges are unchecked.

I think you missed the joke.

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So did I, please point out that part in my post.

So the answer is yes. You want to punish him for wasting tax payer dollars by making an example of him by wasting more tax payer dollars. All you had to say was 'yes'.

And you want to let him go scot free for all the shit he has caused.  Yes, that is correct.  

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Probably time to sit this one out, champ.

One thing I am certain about is that you and I both consider each other to be an idiot, so I will leave it at that.  The old saying that when one argues with an idiot those watching think both are idiots.  Discussion over for me.

8 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Many states have statutes that prevent the convicted from profiting from their crimes.  Sometimes it's limited to murder or other really serious offenses.

11 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Who wouldn't want to read that riveting tale

Legit question - need a shaggy lawyer - does Juicy get charged with perjury now?
Also, how about his defense attorney who put him on the stand to lie, any sanctions for that asshat?

1. No, although he could be.

2. No. If your client denies guilt then that’s the position taken. It’s a high bar to prove that the attorney KNEW that the defendant was lying, to such a degree that they should intervene and refuse to call them as a witness. You may not like that application here, but systemically, it really needs to be that way.