Juicy Smalls Trial Started This Week

Harrison Bergeron

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, there's one person on that jury saying "yeah, he did it, but no one got hurt so..."

Yep. It's not hard to imagine that someone would know that he made the whole story up, but they don't want want to feel responsible for potentially sending someone to jail/prison for a lie. 

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yep. It's not hard to imagine that someone would know that he made the whole story up, but they don't want want to feel responsible for potentially sending someone to jail/prison for a lie. 

A creative prosecutor (and now, perhaps judge) could have settled this and saved the taxpayers money. Just tell the man to go on TV, admit he lied, shed a few tears, and we all move along. 

49 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The entire board would be arrested for sexual assault under this legal doctrine.

Edit: already posted.

Edited by slorch

Dave Chappelle condemned this man's fate before the trial even started. In fact, as part of Voir Dire, I hope they struck anyone who has watched the Dave Chappelle bit because a) that's a hilarious way to get struck from the jury that you can tell at parties for the rest of your life and b) you already knew what time it was. 

2 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

The fact that anyone gave a shit about this case baffles me to no end. 

I mean... race baiting is kinda a very shitty thing to do... and the media pours gasoline on every race baiting fire... so... yeah, i can see why people wanted this ass clown to burn. you don't fuck around with hate crimes dude.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Did you just land on planet earth? You really cant figure out why this case garnered so much attention? 

I can figure out why I just think it’s dumb as duck that anyone tries to make it into a big deal. It’s not like he’s the first to fake something, and he’s not going to be the last, and they caught everyone involved in the deal so why give a fuck?

1 minute ago, Royalfan5 said:

I can figure out why I just think it’s dumb as duck that anyone tries to make it into a big deal. It’s not like he’s the first to fake something, and he’s not going to be the last, and they caught everyone involved in the deal so why give a fuck?

The motto of this country should officially be "dumb as fuck." From your comments, it doesnt really baffle you, you just wish the average American would apply your logic

Energy Idiocracy: How Australia's Power 'Policy' Was Hijacked and Destroyed  by Idiots – STOP THESE THINGS

good luck with that. 

51 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

The fact that anyone gave a shit about this case baffles me to no end. 

Simple. It was a big story when it “happened.”  As in the most famous people in the world drawing attention to it. That’s when I learned who the guy was  

Only natural that it would still be a big story once the truth came out. 

I imagine if it was a minor story when it “happened”, it would’ve faded away even when the truth came out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you don’t take pleasure in a lying, smug, narcissist getting busted……Plus our quick-trigger media/Dems proven to be fools again. Well, it’s kinda like UCLA’s comeback vs the Pimp Cane for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Simple. It was a big story when it “happened.”  As in the most famous people in the world drawing attention to it. That’s when I learned who the guy was  

Only natural that it would still be a big story once the truth came out. 

I imagine if it was a minor story when it “happened”, it would’ve faded away even when the truth came out. 

Exactly. The problem is morons with megaphones give voice and sympathy to this kind of crap without doing the most basic evaluation of whether there might be any veracity to the claim. This unquestionably was the stupidest among a lot of stupid fake hate crimes ... a healthy national conversation requires our informational gatekeepers to do even the most basic of evaluation before running with a story and giving idiots like this a platform to espouse Idiocracy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Juicy is a big asshole. He gave up that Don Lemon gave him a heads up that the cops were doubting his story before they arrested him for it. Totally threw Don under the bus. But CNN ain't saying shit about it so far. They just lost Cuomo so this is a real blow if he indeed breached his company code and warned him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It's simple, this puts egg on their face for taking up his case as an example of hate crimes. They do indeed happen but this attention whore whom they flocked to because he was a perfect poster child is a fucking narcissistic liar. But the CNN ignore is the thing to watch because it may take down one of their own if Juicy is to be believed. Oh wait, yeah, I guess the right thing to do is ignore it. Whether true or not, he is a fucking liar and so Don skates. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Re-listening to some of his post-hoax interviews is just hysterical. I hope he spends some time in prison because he really caused some serious harm: he not only fanned the flames of fake racism and also de-legitimatizes genuine incidents. Again, the problem really lies in the fact that the privileged and powerful swallowed such stupidity with zero critical evaluation.

For those interested, Bari Weiss has a great episode on this case today both in the national context as well as his psychology and why he may have been driven to perform the hoax.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

That this loser will go down in history as a laughing stock and having been renamed “Juicy” is beyond what could be hoped for.  

All the rest is just gravy baby.

I never got the defense strategy: yes, my client fucks the defendants and whacks off a lot in their presence BUT these guys are worse than my client? Weird defense. The prosecution wasn’t very good either. It’s not that difficult. He was a prima Dona B list who thought this would help his career. Why people feel the need to defend they should ask themselves why? If a woman cries rape and she is proven a liar I don’t see that as doing anything other than hurting other women. Peculiar why anyone keeps seeing it differently 

My recollection was that the many news organizations were skeptical in their writing with a day or two of the “incident.” A news org should give some benefit of the doubt to a self described victim but the articles from the time cast some doubt by just describing the facts. He immediately stopped cooperating with the police which was reported by all news orgs.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My recollection was that the many news organizations were skeptical in their writing with a day or two of the “incident.” A news org should give some benefit of the doubt to a self described victim but the articles from the time cast some doubt by just describing the facts. He immediately stopped cooperating with the police which was reported by all news orgs.

Just stop.

Edited by Cajun
What is that, 8 pieces of victim flair? Not enough Juicy.

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

It's simple, this puts egg on their face for taking up his case as an example of hate crimes. They do indeed happen but this attention whore whom they flocked to because he was a perfect poster child is a fucking narcissistic liar. But the CNN ignore is the thing to watch because it may take down one of their own if Juicy is to be believed. Oh wait, yeah, I guess the right thing to do is ignore it. Whether true or not, he is a fucking liar and so Don skates. 

Fuck Jesse. He’s radioactive except in prison where he’ll be magnetic to something he prob doesn’t want. There are plenty of hate crimes that do merit attention, but this never seemed right and was disproven pretty quickly in the media.

Edited by Mdhorn

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Unbridled scum. And anyone perpetrating crap like this is unbridled scum whether black, white, yellow, purple or any color. 

Belongs in a cage for a good while so he reflect upon what a piece of shit he is.  

This level of outrage is bizarre to me. I mean dude attempted a pathetic hoax and everyone -- black and white -- is laughing at him now and his career is destroyed utterly. IDGAF if he does any time. He could be sentenced to a month and I wouldn't care. If he gets probation I don't care, either. 

• Hook 'Em 6