Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Dakorien Moore on his three finalists

Duncanville, Texas - Duncanville High 5-star wide receiver Dakorien Moore is down to three schools with a decisions expected prior to his senior season. 

Moore, 5-11 and 175 pounds, will begin the official process next weekend with a visit to Ohio State. Following the trip to Columbus, Moore will play in OT7 Nationals June 7-9. The official visits will finish up after that with trips to Texas June 14-16 and Oregon June 21-23. 

OnTexasFootball spoke with Moore for an extended period of time Wednesday afternoon. We will have much more later today on the OnTexasFootball YouTube, but here is what some of Moore had to say about each of the three finalists ahead of official visits.

Moore on Texas

"It's just been well rounded and close to home since I was little," Moore told OTF Wednesday. "I've been going down and back. Just visiting family, and not even visiting Texas, since I was real little. All of my family want me to go there, so they are pushing hard for it. I'm definitely keeping them (Texas) in that circle."

When asked what impressed Moore about Texas last season, the answer was simple.

"How far they made it to be honest. No one really expected them to make it that far, but I was always keeping my eye on them being that I thought they would be in that decision when it came down to the end."

Moore on Ohio State

"I really like their program. They are very competitive. Going in, the first thing I noticed is how competitive they are. On the field, I would say it's similar to a well organized machine. They all look like one. The brotherhood - they know the ultimate goal. The coaches are pushing hard. As a wide receiver, one thing I want to see is one-on-ones. I was looking at one-on-ones, and I see nothing but competitveness. Everybody going at it with each other. Not too much talking, but you know as an athlete you are going to talk. But everybody focused on getting better. Outside of that, I've seen how well they connect each other with people on campus and outside of campus. Just the relationships you can bring just from being in that Ohio State culture. I really like that, so I'm eager to see how my official visit goes with them." 

Moore on Oregon

"I really like the relationships I have built there since i first started the recruitment with them. They've been very welcoming, and they have shown a ton of love to me and my family. I feel like when it all comes down to it, I know for a fact that Oregon is going to have me taken care of, and they will do anything it takes to get me."

When will Moore make a decision?

"Right now, it's going to be tough because all three different schools have their differences but at the end of the day they are still close when it comes down to that decision. It's going to be real tough. Making the decision, I would say maybe before the season. Not too early, I would say after summer."

-Gerry

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dakorien Moore on his three finalists

Duncanville, Texas - Duncanville High 5-star wide receiver Dakorien Moore is down to three schools with a decisions expected prior to his senior season. 

Moore, 5-11 and 175 pounds, will begin the official process next weekend with a visit to Ohio State. Following the trip to Columbus, Moore will play in OT7 Nationals June 7-9. The official visits will finish up after that with trips to Texas June 14-16 and Oregon June 21-23. 

OnTexasFootball spoke with Moore for an extended period of time Wednesday afternoon. We will have much more later today on the OnTexasFootball YouTube, but here is what some of Moore had to say about each of the three finalists ahead of official visits.

Moore on Texas

"It's just been well rounded and close to home since I was little," Moore told OTF Wednesday. "I've been going down and back. Just visiting family, and not even visiting Texas, since I was real little. All of my family want me to go there, so they are pushing hard for it. I'm definitely keeping them (Texas) in that circle."

When asked what impressed Moore about Texas last season, the answer was simple.

"How far they made it to be honest. No one really expected them to make it that far, but I was always keeping my eye on them being that I thought they would be in that decision when it came down to the end."

Moore on Ohio State

"I really like their program. They are very competitive. Going in, the first thing I noticed is how competitive they are. On the field, I would say it's similar to a well organized machine. They all look like one. The brotherhood - they know the ultimate goal. The coaches are pushing hard. As a wide receiver, one thing I want to see is one-on-ones. I was looking at one-on-ones, and I see nothing but competitveness. Everybody going at it with each other. Not too much talking, but you know as an athlete you are going to talk. But everybody focused on getting better. Outside of that, I've seen how well they connect each other with people on campus and outside of campus. Just the relationships you can bring just from being in that Ohio State culture. I really like that, so I'm eager to see how my official visit goes with them." 

Moore on Oregon

"I really like the relationships I have built there since i first started the recruitment with them. They've been very welcoming, and they have shown a ton of love to me and my family. I feel like when it all comes down to it, I know for a fact that Oregon is going to have me taken care of, and they will do anything it takes to get me."

When will Moore make a decision?

"Right now, it's going to be tough because all three different schools have their differences but at the end of the day they are still close when it comes down to that decision. It's going to be real tough. Making the decision, I would say maybe before the season. Not too early, I would say after summer."

-Gerry

Has he had an unofficial to tOSU before?  

His takes on UT and Oregon sounded authentic, but for Ohio State it sounded like he was regurgitating their recruiting pitch.

(Hattersley on Fasusi, Rogers and Haywood.)

Where Texas A&M stands with top OL targets heading into June

Andrew Hattersley (Aggie 247)

("Texas has been viewed as the team to beat for Fasusi for much of the spring and that still remains the case heading into June."  .... "The Longhorns are still considered the favorite here but a big opportunity awaits A&M next month.") 

Spoiler

Where Texas A&M stands with top OL targets heading into June

Andrew Hattersley (Aggie 247)

With Marcus Garcia, Jonte Newman, Connor Carty and Joshua Moses already in the boat, this class is shaping up very nicely for Adam Cushing during his first cycle in College Station.

The Aggies are still looking to add to that group though and are set to host their top targets in June.

Let's take a look at where things stand with three of their top targets.

Lewisville's Michael Fasusi, Mesquite Horn's Lamont Rogers and Denton Ryan's Ty Haywood all have official visits set for A&M's massive June 6-8 weekend and look to be the three best bets right now.

Texas has been viewed as the team to beat for Fasusi for much of the spring and that still remains the case heading into June. With that said, Texas A&M has closed the gap quite a bit with the coveted lineman taking three trips to College Station this spring. The Aggies will get their opportunity with Fasusi next month and that trip will be a big opportunity for him and his family to get some final questions asked. Oklahoma and Missouri are also slated to host Fasusi before he will close out the month at Texas. The Longhorns are still considered the favorite here but a big opportunity awaits A&M next month.  

Rogers is also set to return to College Station for the big official visit weekend and the Aggies remain a top contender in this recruitment. The Top247 offensive tackle dropped a top eight earlier this month but sources believe it will come down to Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and SMU. The Aggies have made Rogers a top priority and a source added Texas A&M would likely be in the top two as things stand today. A summer decision is still expected to be the timeline for Rogers once he wraps up his visits.

Haywood has already taken one official visit to TCU and is expected to take several others before making a decision potentially later this summer. Texas A&M will get their opportunity to host him next month and have emerged as a top contender for him this month.

It's tough to get a clear read on Haywood but in talking with sources this week, Oklahoma and Alabama are believed to be the two programs leading the way right now.  

The Aggies also have official visits on the docket with Emeka Ugorji and Broderick Shull in late June along with Tyler Thomas but right now Haywood, Rogers and Fasusi are the three top targets at the offensive tackle position.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

I was able to watch the OTF interview with Fasusi. He lit up when talking about Texas. Though he had good things to say about Bedenbaugh at OU so maybe taking him at his words isn't the best.

I loved the mention of A&M, where he scowled, rolled his eyes to the heavens, farted, then made the "mental masturbation" hand gesture.  I think the Aggies are out of it. 

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)

One interesting tidbit that I found out in one of Sarkisian's recent interviews: If a scholarship offer comes from Sarkisian himself, then that offer is committable. If the offer comes from one of the position coaches, then it is likely not immediately committable. It should provide some nice clarity when recruits say things like "After a great conversation with coach Flood, or coach Joseph, etc.."

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

One interesting tidbit that I found out in one of Sarkisian's recent interviews: If a scholarship offer comes from Sarkisian himself, then that offer is committable. If the offer comes from one of the position coaches, then it is likely not immediately committable. It should provide some nice clarity when recruits say things like "After a great conversation with coach Flood, or coach Joseph, etc.."

I think that's true offer from Sark piece is true for Banks. If you get a Banks offer it is likely the same is what I mean. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Fong'd to aggy.  Seems like we were the leader at one point, but Christian probably took his spot and staff liking Coleman duo and Mills.

https://www.on3.com/db/tyler-thomas-152082/recruiting/

Like Newman, they're prioritizing some of the "best of the rest" guys early. Smart if you think going after the top guys is a waste of time.

They really just aren't in a position to turn any decent guys away. Apparently OL is a massive ($$$) need, and I wouldn't be shocked if they still land one of Fasusi, Haywood, or Rogers. 

18 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

He's going to be solid :(

Just like the last one from Dickinson in the 22 class some fretted over? Maybe this staff develops better but the good ones since Sherman haven’t seen much development on that campus. He is neither the ideal size or strength for a guy that will succeed on measurables alone.

38 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Just like the last one from Dickinson in the 22 class some fretted over? Maybe this staff develops better but the good ones since Sherman haven’t seen much development on that campus. He is neither the ideal size or strength for a guy that will succeed on measurables alone.

PJ Williams got in trouble his first semester IIRC. Thomas is pretty good, but is coming off an injury. He'd be in our class if we weren't in on multiple guys higher on our board. 

2 hours ago, BornOrange said:

Thomas goes to Dickinson. They all seem to end up at aggy.

saw Marquis Johnson.. he was easily the best athlete on the field his SR season.. went to Mizzu and had some nice highlights as a true freshman last season..  I do think Thomas is going to be really good.. saw him earlier in the season before getting hurt..he's always pushing his guy back.. a little stiff on pass blocking but he has a lot of potential

I always felt like all 3 would for sure go to the same school, but the 3rd brother, Isaiah, has some smaller offers, so I wasn’t sure if he was willing to be a walk-on or not. I’m glad that he is.

36 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Im a little perplexed by taking Devin this early when we have some other guys out there, but Jordan is a monster. 

I was passively listening to gerrys interview with all 3. I think Devin is the one who has played every position on the line. That may be some of his allure as a prospect. 

27 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I was passively listening to gerrys interview with all 3. I think Devin is the one who has played every position on the line. That may be some of his allure as a prospect. 

I wonder if that means we are fading with John Mills. That would be understandable, I would probably go Oregon or Washington if I was him.

• Hook 'Em 1