The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

31 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

A lot of crazy shit in there to be unpacked including the following:

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

hopefully @Bozo_Casanova is right and most of this was just election pandering. 

SCOTUS will kill any mention of this.  

2 minutes ago, Rumblefishstix said:

I want to know what online gun sales has to do with anything? They only ship to FFL, and if you have an FFL you are in the database anyways.

They don't  - it's an intentionally obfuscated topic that is meant to drive a certain narrative.  If anything, they are more secure as the seller and FFL dealer often are unknown to each other and neither is going to engage in anything that would be a topic of potential legal discussion.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

As some who solely purchases firearms online, they can go fuck themselves.  I know we don’t all “need” AR-14’s, and just a shotgun will do and all that, but there is nothing wrong with sending a firearm to an FFL and doing the background check there.  

Further, these are all "arms-length" transactions between two complete strangers.  There is nothing you can buy online via mandated federal eligibility checks and FFL transfers that is circumvented.  Zero.  Zilch.  It's a disingenuous and intellectually dishonest argument to try and have - the idea of "need"

I want to know what online gun sales has to do with anything? They only ship to FFL, and if you have an FFL you are in the database anyways.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Doing this is just another step in conditioning the population to accept more gun control measures. Most of which do nothing except make it harder for me to exercise my 2A rights.

Biden didn’t draft all of that, the democratic team assembled for him did. Do I think all the components of his plan will pass? No. Do I think some will? Probably.

And for someone that mentioned the courts will strike a ban on online sales down......that might be wishful thinking if they add justices.

Question for legal eagles: can the fed govern firearms manufacture and distribution if it is intrastate? Where does the commerce clause start and end in regards to 2A issues? Is it even applicable? Could it impact ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

As some who solely purchases firearms online, they can go fuck themselves.  I know we don’t all “need” AR-14’s, and just a shotgun will do and all that, but there is nothing wrong with sending a firearm to an FFL and doing the background check there.  

They make AR-14s???

I'm getting one today!!

• Like 1

Folks were worried about the same stuff when Obama was elected. I remember, I paid MSRP for an R-25 in  .243 (Remington's camo version of an AR-10) because it was the only AR type rifle I could find and they were definitely going to bam them. Anybody care to guess what happened under the Obama administration? Gun rights actually expanded on the national level. Turns out there was more important stuff than losing senate races in rural areas that happened to have democratic senators. I can't really say the same about this administration. 

Biden has too many issues at the top of his list  than to drastically mess with gun control and ensure that he can't get anything done in the future. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Biden has too many issues at the top of his list  than to drastically mess with gun control and ensure that he can't get anything done in the future. 

Bullbutter. All it takes is one mass shooting under his watch and he’ll start with executive orders. Plus, we should be more worried about Kamala who will become President sometime within the next 4 years. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

... Anybody care to guess what happened under the Obama administration? Gun rights actually expanded on the national level. ...

Thanks to SCOTUS.  Obama's admin tried to do an end around on ammo (trying to ban lead bullets over environmental concerns).  They got some agents killed with Fast and Furious - an effort to generate popular support for gun control that backfired. This revisionist history of Obama admin being gun owner friendly/neutral is not accurate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

Obama signed two bills that expanded gun rights. One reversed a Reagan era rule and allowed for carry in National Parks, and the other allowed for guns to be checked in baggage on Amtrak trains, reversing a rule that came about during W's tenure after 9/11. Yes, he tried some shenanigans with executive actions and his AG was an idiot with the Fast and Furious stuff, but most of what he tried to do had no real teeth. He actually had some restraint with executive actions, unlike the current POTUS who basically told the ATF to rewrite longstanding federal law.

Those were tiny actions that affected a very small number of people. Perhaps he remembers what happened after the stupid assault weapons ban that Biden authored and was passed in 1993.

His ilk will continue trying here & there - infringing bit by bit.... as has been done for years by several states & cities. At least some of them have moments of honesty (Beto, Biden, Pelosi) when they openly admit their agenda is government mandate to confiscate. That is the ultimate goal, and there is no denying it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bernorange said:

Thanks to SCOTUS.  Obama's admin tried to do an end around on ammo (trying to ban lead bullets over environmental concerns).  They got some agents killed with Fast and Furious - an effort to generate popular support for gun control that backfired. This revisionist history of Obama admin being gun owner friendly/neutral is not accurate.

Holder should have been jailed after he blatantly lied to Congress about that one. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Bullbutter. All it takes is one mass shooting under his watch and he’ll start with executive orders. Plus, we should be more worried about Kamala who will become President sometime within the next 4 years. 

That will be coming by the summer time. They probably already have someone teed up to do it.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

That will be coming by the summer time. They probably already have someone teed up to do it.

Ambivalent on whether it will be planned, but do agree that there will be a mass shooting - we average a few every year anyway - and as soon as it happens Joe (or the Ho) will start agitating about a ban on semi-autos or "assault rifles" or ammo. It's as predictable as the sun coming up. 

I fully expect them to threaten UPS and Fedex over mail order ammo and am fairly sure that both will succumb to the pressure sometime in the next 1-2 years. They'll come up with some compromise like shipping to FFL's or something, but the days of getting boxes of ammo delivered to your front door are going to end soon. 

• Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Folks were worried about the same stuff when Obama was elected. I remember, I paid MSRP for an R-25 in  .243 (Remington's camo version of an AR-10) because it was the only AR type rifle I could find and they were definitely going to bam them. Anybody care to guess what happened under the Obama administration? Gun rights actually expanded on the national level. Turns out there was more important stuff than losing senate races in rural areas that happened to have democratic senators. I can't really say the same about this administration. 

The political landscape has changed drastically in the past decade+.   Most of the moderate Democrats that defended the 2nd Amendment back then have been purged or retired out of the party. Democrats have given up on the rural and working class vote.  They see their electoral success with the "suburban Mom" and highly (mis)educated white professionals.  Those two groups see "common-sense" gun restrictions as a core priority.  

Joe Manchin is probably  the only reliable Democratic Senator not to vote to gut our Constitutional rights.  That is much slimmer than in 2008 when you had probably 4 or 5 Democratic Senators that supported the 2nd Amendment.

It's even worse in the House when there is only 1 Democratic fully supports the 2nd Amendment. 

So those laws are going to be passed in the House if Biden wants them or not.  The question is will Manchin and Biden spend political capital to fight their own party? 

• Like 2

Anyone know what kind of rifle this is? 
Looks homemade, guy from work brought it in looking for answers since I’m a gun guy. Loads from about 6” from the muzzle and shoots 22LR, very heavy and has 2 triggers (one hair and the other heavy). Missing the sights and has no other markings.  What say you Surly

14 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Just use this an excuse to go out and get the one you've always wanted.  I've always wanted a SCAR 17.  I've tried to shake it but I can't.  Next time Primary Arms sends me the email that they have one in stock, I'm moving fast.

I have been tempted to order one of those now overpriced Ruger AR pistols just for the heck of it. Don’t need or even really want one, don’t have any more Pmags, and no mo’ 5.56 ammo (gave it all away with my 2 ARs a couple of years ago).

Just because they will undoubtedly be banned sooner or later depending on the trending whims of empty heads.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, Armybrat said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Executive Order that bans box magazines that hold more than 10 rounds though. Trump banned bump stocks with a flourish of his crayon.

The equivalent of banning large cups & spoons to fight obesity.  Utterly and completely absurd.  There are hundreds of millions in circulation.  All it will do is raise their price due to scarcity concerns.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Anybody got thoughts on Kel-tec? Thinking about buying a CP33. Seems like a fun plinker, but I’m suspicious of the quad stack 33rd magazine.

They are stepping up their game.  I'm a fan.  I have a PMR30 in 22mag.  It's fun.  Not the most reliable, but that is also a function of the ammo used.  When running ammo with enough pressure, it's nails.

Besides being about as ugly as a pistol can get, the CP33 is a large polymer frame like the PMR.  Meaning it's going to be super light, especially without a loaded mag.  I like the barrel length, the red/green fiber optic sights, and the top rails.  Heard trigger is nice also.  For a CP pistol (competition pistol), that would be expected.  Generally heard good things, but only limited from a few.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

They are stepping up their game.  I'm a fan.  I have a PMR30 in 22mag.  It's fun.  Not the most reliable, but that is also a function of the ammo used.  When running ammo with enough pressure, it's nails.

Besides being about as ugly as a pistol can get, the CP33 is a large polymer frame like the PMR.  Meaning it's going to be super light, especially without a loaded mag.  I like the barrel length, the red/green fiber optic sights, and the top rails.  Heard trigger is nice also.  For a CP pistol (competition pistol), that would be expected.  Generally heard good things, but only limited from a few.  

Seems like that CP33 with a supressor, a shoulder brace, a red dot and some subsonics could really help me discretely manage the urban coyote population over here. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova