South Oak Cliff vs. Liberty Hill HS Championship Game

JohnnyRage

25 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

My brother is a Lubbock Cooper resident. His description of SOC after last week’s playoff game was akin to the [s]84[/s] 85 Bears. “It was just not fair.”

One of my college roommate’s sons plays for Lovelady.  He texted me this photo before the game with the caption:

probably a bad sign when your opponent’s team captain comes out for the coin toss in sunglasses

C0FDA51C-BDF3-40B9-8C30-CE3B1C7EF402.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Helobious Iron 13-0 strikes again!

DISD finally got one!

I’m so happy for Oak Cliff as a whole. My friend who is a SOC grad called me and he has had a rough last few months with his mother having passed away. First thing he said is he wished she had been here to see this. She never left the neighborhood and would’ve loved to have seen the Golden Bears win a title.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yep and like all gimmick offenses when they run into a much more athletic and disciplined team they get neutralized

Yeah but how often does that happen at the high school level? For LH it wasn’t until the title game. Call it a “gimmick” all you want, I think more HS teams should run it.

The not being set and snapping the ball thing is bullshit though, I hate that about LH. Didn’t think it would happen but glad they lost.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Liberty Hill was a smallish private school that played the dinks back when I was growing up…it’s a massive school now?

Or am I thinking of another school?

It’s definitely not a private school. Not aware of any school that’s ever gone from private to public.