Eat a dick, Bret Bielema, you fat fucking retard

Beau Vine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On Big Ten Network and postgame, Illinois coach Bret Bielema airs officiating frustrations

Bielema: "We have to beat 110,000 and a few others"

JOHN BRICE           NOV 19, 2022

Nationally ranked and having been a season-long contender for its first-ever Big Ten Western Division title and championship-game berth, Illinois has experienced something of a breakthrough campaign in Year 2 under Bret Bielema.

The Illini nearly had a true signature win Saturday, when they led inside the final 60 before Michigan got a Jake Moody field goal to secure its 19-17 win and maintain a Big Ten battle of unbeatens next Saturday at Ohio State.

"We have to play cleaner," Bielema told the Big Ten Network on the field after the game. "We have to beat 110,000 and then some."

Then some, presumably, was an oblique shot at the officiating crew

Though Illinois had a chance up 17-16 to run out the clock, its offense could not generate a first down and was forced to punt back to possession the Wolverines.

Controversy, at least in the eyes of Bielema and Illinois faith, soon followed. Moody's 35-yard field goal was set up by a defensive penalty against the Illinois secondary and then also after a Michigan pass was ruled a completed catch.

Though the officiating crew reviewed the call, they upheld the on-field ruling. TV replays appeared clearly to show the ball travel through the arms of Michigan wideout Cornelius Johnson and hit the turf.

"I'm extremely pissed off," Bielema said. "Very angry, very upset. I think our kids did a lot to win the football game and to continually have things go against us, very frustrating.

"You have to stand up for the people you believe in. I believe in that locker room, big-time. I know they'll rise up to the challenge once again."

Though the reception only covered 5 yards per the official box score, it moved Moody closer for the kick and allowed Michigan to have a different approach on third and short as opposed to facing third-and-10 had the Johnson play been ruled an incompletion.

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

On Big Ten Network and postgame, Illinois coach Bret Bielema airs officiating frustrations

Bielema: "We have to beat 110,000 and a few others"

JOHN BRICE           NOV 19, 2022

Nationally ranked and having been a season-long contender for its first-ever Big Ten Western Division title and championship-game berth, Illinois has experienced something of a breakthrough campaign in Year 2 under Bret Bielema.

The Illini nearly had a true signature win Saturday, when they led inside the final 60 before Michigan got a Jake Moody field goal to secure its 19-17 win and maintain a Big Ten battle of unbeatens next Saturday at Ohio State.

"We have to play cleaner," Bielema told the Big Ten Network on the field after the game. "We have to beat 110,000 and then some."

Then some, presumably, was an oblique shot at the officiating crew

Though Illinois had a chance up 17-16 to run out the clock, its offense could not generate a first down and was forced to punt back to possession the Wolverines.

Controversy, at least in the eyes of Bielema and Illinois faith, soon followed. Moody's 35-yard field goal was set up by a defensive penalty against the Illinois secondary and then also after a Michigan pass was ruled a completed catch.

Though the officiating crew reviewed the call, they upheld the on-field ruling. TV replays appeared clearly to show the ball travel through the arms of Michigan wideout Cornelius Johnson and hit the turf.

"I'm extremely pissed off," Bielema said. "Very angry, very upset. I think our kids did a lot to win the football game and to continually have things go against us, very frustrating.

"You have to stand up for the people you believe in. I believe in that locker room, big-time. I know they'll rise up to the challenge once again."

Though the reception only covered 5 yards per the official box score, it moved Moody closer for the kick and allowed Michigan to have a different approach on third and short as opposed to facing third-and-10 had the Johnson play been ruled an incompletion.

He's not wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Like I said.  He's a big dumb idiot.  Also a whiner.  But if you hate this man, you need to look within your OWN heart.  Also, he WAY outkicked his coverage with that wife of his.  Lotsa Surly posters jealous.

RIP to his fat fucking retard mother. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 8
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

You're probably right. No way any flank official is that incompetent.

B1G orders came down on 'em.

I remember a play being reviewed for OPI when no flag was thrown live in Herman's 1st season in 3 straight games. Well, son of a bitch, they called OPI all 3 times. When a certain outcome is needed, it can be achieved.  One way or another. Big 12 doesn't have a monopoly on fuckery. 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

I followed Bielema going to Arkansas. My colleagues were mostly Big10 alums from Iowa, OSU, and Illinois. They were incredulous a three time conf champ would leave for the SEC, especially Arkansas. I have a lot of UA friends and they were overjoyed. He and his wife came in with a bang.

He sounded like he had the right formula: solid O line, strong run game, tough defense. He was brash but so was Petrino, so they were ok. The shine fell off in the second season. He hated the heat and failed to drive stamina, often letting his o line skip lifting and soft practices. He was closing Fayetteville bars a lot of nights. He had a reality show. He hated recruiting and the talent collapsed because he focused on Florida and pissed off every high school coach in Texas. It was a mess.

Maybe he learned something in his time with Belichik. He has regained and plus what he dropped in the nfl. I think he’s in the right place for now. Illinois fans are thrilled to just have a winning season.

I followed Bielema going to Arkansas. My colleagues were mostly Big10 alums from Iowa, OSU, and Illinois. They were incredulous a three time conf champ would leave for the SEC, especially Arkansas. I have a lot of UA friends and they were overjoyed. He and his wife came in with a bang.

He sounded like he had the right formula: solid O line, strong run game, tough defense. He was brash but so was Petrino, so they were ok. The shine fell off in the second season. He hated the heat and failed to drive stamina, often letting his o line skip lifting and soft practices. He was closing Fayetteville bars a lot of nights. He had a reality show. He hated recruiting and the talent collapsed because he focused on Florida and pissed off every high school coach in Texas. It was a mess.

Maybe he learned something in his time with Belichik. He has regained and plus what he dropped in the nfl. I think he’s in the right place for now. They are paying him good and he’ll get a raise to stay. Jen might even give him a handy. Illinois fans are thrilled to just have a winning season.

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

Like I said.  He's a big dumb idiot.  Also a whiner.  But if you hate this man, you need to look within your OWN heart.  Also, he WAY outkicked his coverage with that wife of his.  Lotsa Surly posters jealous.

I'm sorry for his loss. 

But otherwise, he can go fuck himself. I found the end of the Michigan game borderline erotic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 3:41 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Maybe he learned something in his time with Belichik. He has regained and plus what he dropped in the nfl. I think he’s in the right place for now. They are paying him good and he’ll get a raise to stay. Jen might even give him a handy. Illinois fans are thrilled to just have a winning season.

Yep. That story that Kingsbury told about Bitch Tits telling the THSCA "if you don't use a fullback, we'll kick your ass and if you throw it 70 times a game, we'll kick your ass" in conjunction with his incessant whining about HUNH offenses? Completely true, and it soured quite a few of those guys. You do not ingratiate yourself to a gaggle of coaches (trust me, that is the proper plural) by saying in a presentation to them that what they do as a collective is all bullshit.

Anyways, hopefully that fat fucking retard plays the role of John Ashcroft to Mike Leach's Mel Carnahan in a few hours. 

Yep. That story that Kingsbury told about Bitch Tits telling the THSCA "if you don't use a fullback, we'll kick your ass and if you throw it 70 times a game, we'll kick your ass" in conjunction with his incessant whining about HUNH offenses? Completely true, and it soured quite a few of those guys. You do not ingratiate yourself to a gaggle of coaches (trust me, that is the proper plural) by saying in a presentation to them that what they do as a collective is all bullshit.
Anyways, hopefully that fat fucking retard plays the role of John Ashcroft to Mike Leach's Mel Carnahan in a few hours. 

Frank Broyles success was built on his Texas network to augment his getting 100% of Arkansas prospects. As he turned out grads many became HS coaches in Texas. One of the reasons he fired Lou Holtz was the poor treatment of the HS network. He was skipping things like the Palestine HS booster club dinner to be on Carson. Bielema did the same thing. It nearly killed their program. Then Chad Morris really screwed it.

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Frank Broyles success was built on his Texas network to augment his getting 100% of Arkansas prospects. As he turned out grads many became HS coaches in Texas. One of the reasons he fired Lou Holtz was the poor treatment of the HS network. He was skipping things like the Palestine HS booster club dinner to be on Carson. Bielema did the same thing. It nearly killed their program. Then Chad Morris really screwed it.

If the Palestine HS booster club was a buffet, not only would he have showed up but they would have had to kick Bielma out of there

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Seems like a great hire...

Illinois hires Jim Leonhard as senior defensive analyst

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Jul 25, 2023

Illinois has hired former Wisconsin defensive coordinator and interim coach Jim Leonhard as a senior defensive analyst.

Leonhard, a three-time All-America selection at Wisconsin who had spent his entire coaching career at his alma mater, will join the staff of former Badgers coach Bret Bielema. He served as Wisconsin's interim head coach for the final seven games in 2022 after the school fired Paul Chryst on Oct. 2 and was considered for the permanent job. Wisconsin ultimately hired Cincinnati's Luke Fickell, and Leonhard departed the program after the Las Vegas Bowl. He spoke to the Philadelphia Eagles about their defensive coordinator job but ultimately withdrew from consideration.

Leonhard, 40, joined Wisconsin's coaching staff in 2016 after a 10-year NFL career. Despite no formal coaching experience, he quickly became one of the nation's top defensive coordinators and received interest for other college and NFL coordinator roles, including the Green Bay Packers. Leonhard remained at his alma mater, where he was viewed as a top candidate to replace Chryst. In five years as Wisconsin's defensive coordinator, the team ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense four times

Leonhard and Bielema overlapped for Leonhard's senior season at Wisconsin in 2004, when Bielema served as the team's defensive coordinator. Bielema succeeded Barry Alvarez as Wisconsin's coach in 2006 and went 68-24 with three Big Ten titles.

Bielema is set to enter his third season at Illinois, which had the nation's No. 1 scoring defense in 2022. Leonhard joins a defensive staff that includes former Wisconsin players Aaron Henry, the team's defensive coordinator, and defensive backs coach Antonio Fenelus.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Seems like a great hire...

Illinois hires Jim Leonhard as senior defensive analyst

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Jul 25, 2023

Illinois has hired former Wisconsin defensive coordinator and interim coach Jim Leonhard as a senior defensive analyst.

Leonhard, a three-time All-America selection at Wisconsin who had spent his entire coaching career at his alma mater, will join the staff of former Badgers coach Bret Bielema. He served as Wisconsin's interim head coach for the final seven games in 2022 after the school fired Paul Chryst on Oct. 2 and was considered for the permanent job. Wisconsin ultimately hired Cincinnati's Luke Fickell, and Leonhard departed the program after the Las Vegas Bowl. He spoke to the Philadelphia Eagles about their defensive coordinator job but ultimately withdrew from consideration.

Leonhard, 40, joined Wisconsin's coaching staff in 2016 after a 10-year NFL career. Despite no formal coaching experience, he quickly became one of the nation's top defensive coordinators and received interest for other college and NFL coordinator roles, including the Green Bay Packers. Leonhard remained at his alma mater, where he was viewed as a top candidate to replace Chryst. In five years as Wisconsin's defensive coordinator, the team ranked in the top 10 nationally in scoring defense four times

Leonhard and Bielema overlapped for Leonhard's senior season at Wisconsin in 2004, when Bielema served as the team's defensive coordinator. Bielema succeeded Barry Alvarez as Wisconsin's coach in 2006 and went 68-24 with three Big Ten titles.

Bielema is set to enter his third season at Illinois, which had the nation's No. 1 scoring defense in 2022. Leonhard joins a defensive staff that includes former Wisconsin players Aaron Henry, the team's defensive coordinator, and defensive backs coach Antonio Fenelus.

Yeah Leonhard is a stud

Hey guys, guess which guy has the most Big 10 Conference Championships among active coaches? More than Harbaugh, James Franklin, or any other active Head Football coach. I mean, its kinda temporary because Ryan Day will probably surpass him if he stays at OSU, even Harbaugh could tie him with three. But because mister sweater vest and Urb dominated the conference for so long and they had this brief time when OSU was down and Bert was doing his thing at Wisconsin at the time so now eleven years later he has more conference championships than anyone else in the conference.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...