Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool. Let’s protect against your problem that literally no investigation has revealed to be a material problem at all….no matter, let’s solve it. Require voter ID….but you have to make getting one as accessible as getting a COVID shot.

You and I both know the officials pushing Voter ID laws won’t take that deal, and we both know why.

I’m all for it and I’ll advocate for it.  

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i guess it explains a lot that you can't even remember your forum interactions within a few hours so that you cast aspersions about me following your dumb ass around. 

I was already reading the thread fucktard, no one was following you around.   And my negging your post wasn’t supporting sending people off to war, it was my insistence that you are a fucktard 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool. Let’s protect against your problem that literally no investigation has revealed to be a material problem at all….no matter, let’s solve it. Require voter ID….but you have to make getting one as accessible as getting a COVID shot.

You and I both know the officials pushing Voter ID laws won’t take that deal, and we both know why.

I don't know what the deal is you're referring to, but I'm with you brother!

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

845FC241-5910-42F2-9866-2E15C522BE14.jpeg

If he said that he’s right. Your team is actively trying to steal all future elections, just like it did on January 6 when your team attacked the Capitol. You don’t get to try to steal future elections then bitch when called out in it. Own your shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

Lincoln issued the emancipation proclamation as a wartime measure freeing the southern slaves. If the voting rights acts doesn’t pass due to Republican intransigence, Biden should issue a similar proclamation that the Republican Party given what it did on January 6 is now illegal in the United States given its seditious attempts to overthrow democracy in America. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I pray that at least half of this thread is Russian bots arguing with sociologists studying our impending idiocracy. Surely so many real people haven’t completely abandoned even the slightest pretense of good-faith discussion for the most moronic caricature of troll culture. This has to be a bit, right? Like some kind of demented flash mob?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

I pray that at least half of this thread is Russian bots arguing with sociologists studying our impending idiocracy. Surely so many real people haven’t completely abandoned even the slightest pretense of good-faith discussion for the most moronic caricature of troll culture. This has to be a bit, right? Like some kind of demented flash mob?

this-is-real-this-is-reality.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I have huge respect for SRV and his talent.  However somehow, without the benefit of government intervention or taxpayer money, I managed to buy my own SRV concert tickets and recordings.  YMMV.

SRV was referenced because he created art. We are rich enough to devote a fraction of a dollar to Art. There are many who also create art who benefit from the investment, and our society is immeasurably richer for it. 

Gore the military; make a difference that also creates opportunity:

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Having half the population not trusting the way we vote is not good whether they're correct or not. 

It's really bad when half the population doesn't trust the way we vote because of the lies of a shitbag egomaniac.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

SRV was referenced because he created art. We are rich enough to devote a fraction of a dollar to Art. There are many who also create art who benefit from the investment, and our society is immeasurably richer for it. 

Gore the military; make a difference that also creates opportunity:

Or, Austin City Limits, which is a national treasure and a PBS product.

PBS is great shit.  There's nothing else like it.  The Corporation for Public Broadcasting receives a flat (lately) $445 million to funds its operation and that of local stations.  It's an absolute pittance.

And, yes, most funding comes from donations, so you could probably cut the federal spend on it and it would survive, for a while.

But you know damn well that shitbags like Scott Ginsburg would try their damndest to acquire them and turn them into shit without the federal law and support.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I have huge respect for SRV and his talent.  However somehow, without the benefit of government intervention or taxpayer money, I managed to buy my own SRV concert tickets and recordings.  YMMV.

While that may be true with respect to SRV, the government and taxpayers intervene on your behalf in plenty of other ways. 

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, if you make Voter IDs free of all costs, then that defeats the entire purpose.

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

Correct, free. Are there states who require ID to vote that do not list at list 1 form of free ID which qualifies you to vote? Serious question. I don't know all 50 state election laws. 

Did that really go right over your head? Aren't you a constitutional lawyer?

10 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Did that really go right over your head? Aren't you a constitutional lawyer?

Maybe you and I could go without libraries, sure. We are too old to make a difference. But what about the kid down the hall? Opening Green Eggs and Ham and seeing a bunch of pee pee and wee wees. It’s about keeping the sickness out of the heads of kids. Or maybe that’s you and your friends bag, joy boy. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, Bravo said:

No, are you? It's early and I just woke up. Jumped on here for 20 sec at a time while trying to get the kids out the door for school. Did I miss some incredibly witty point you were making? 

No, it's not witty at all, just the meaning of "all costs."

Hope your kids have a good day at school.

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

Define all costs? I was speaking of monetary. Are you saying time costs? 

It's not just time. There's been a lot of discussion on this topic going back years now. Look at some of the district court and appellate opinions on the subject.

The legislatures know what they're doing, and it has nothing to do with concerns about voter fraud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This isn't the thread for this discussion but I just don't see the low bar of some type of ID to verify who you are to vote as some huge barrier to entry to vote. Voting is an important civic duty and you should at some level verify identity. Puts faith in the system. Almost every country in the world verifies ID to vote. It's a low bar and doesn't even in most states require an actual official ID for instance an electric bill is fine. 

The issue is that getting said ID must be FREE in all steps. Also, it needs to be easily achieved. There are seniors without birth certificates. It’s costs money to get a new on, assuming they even can. You can’t just look out your window and proclaim that if you can do it and my neighbor can, any one can.

Oh, and for it needing to be free: the 24th amendment abolished poll taxes.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon