Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

[mention=550]PenelopeWitherspoon[/mention] are you a neg bot or real? you started at 2 30am this morning and you havent stopped yet. Get some sleep. 

lol you started a CR thread about retiring house members, obviously simply seeking attention for your troll bit given there’s already a 2022 house elections thread, at 3am on a Saturday morning

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

@PenelopeWitherspoon are you a neg bot or real? you started at 2 30am this morning and you havent stopped yet. Get some sleep. 

You should report her to @hayden_horn for harassment. @immamac has stated someone following you around and negging every post regardless of content is harassment which, of course, was the primary MO of a few folks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

The issue is that getting said ID must be FREE in all steps. Also, it needs to be easily achieved. There are seniors without birth certificates. It’s costs money to get a new on, assuming they even can. You can’t just look out your window and proclaim that if you can do it and my neighbor can, any one can.

Oh, and for it needing to be free: the 24th amendment abolished poll taxes.

This.  The point is not just cost, it is accessibility for 1) the homebound 2) the rural (not near any DL office), and 3) the millions of people who do not have the same file folder of documents that college-educated denizens of this board may have (certified copy of birth certificate, passport, etc.).

My offer stands: make obtaining a photo ID as easy and accessible as getting a COVID vaccine, and I'm fine with it.

Nevermind that it is a solution to a non-problem (no matter how loudly y'all scream about "NON-CITIZEN VOTERS!", there's not a single credible source that indicates it's any sort of systemic problem....but again, I'm willing to indulge your desire to make all of our ballot boxes tiger-proof, for the sake of this discussion).  Let's agree to 1) solve it (require photo ID) while 2) not damaging the vote/elections in the opposite way (creating impediments to eligible voters exercising their right to vote).  Make sure we don't do 2), and I'm good with 1).

Some of you on here say "fine, I'm good with that!"  Excellent.  Glad to have you halfway there.  Are you ALSO willing to say that you won't go along with a voter ID requirement unless/until the state proposing it also simultaneously guarantees accessibility like I described?  That is, you will only go along with it if it's a package deal?

Just a warning -- if you take that position, you will find yourself at odds with every GOP official and legislature that has proposed voter ID legislation.  Don't you wonder why that is?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Let's agree to 1) solve it (require photo ID) while 2) not damaging the vote/elections in the opposite way (creating impediments to eligible voters exercising their right to vote).  Make sure we don't do 2), and I'm good with 1).

Some of you on here say "fine, I'm good with that!"  Excellent.  Glad to have you halfway there.  Are you ALSO willing to say that you won't go along with a voter ID requirement unless/until the state proposing it also simultaneously guarantees accessibility like I described?  That is, you will only go along with it if it's a package deal?

Just a warning -- if you take that position, you will find yourself at odds with every GOP official and legislature that has proposed voter ID legislation.  Don't you wonder why that is?

Quoted because this is the whole point of the argument.  Here it is, in plain english.  Learn it.  Know it.  Live it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  The point is not just cost, it is accessibility for 1) the homebound 2) the rural (not near any DL office), and 3) the millions of people who do not have the same file folder of documents that college-educated denizens of this board may have (certified copy of birth certificate, passport, etc.).

My offer stands: make obtaining a photo ID as easy and accessible as getting a COVID vaccine, and I'm fine with it.

Nevermind that it is a solution to a non-problem (no matter how loudly y'all scream about "NON-CITIZEN VOTERS!", there's not a single credible source that indicates it's any sort of systemic problem....but again, I'm willing to indulge your desire to make all of our ballot boxes tiger-proof, for the sake of this discussion).  Let's agree to 1) solve it (require photo ID) while 2) not damaging the vote/elections in the opposite way (creating impediments to eligible voters exercising their right to vote).  Make sure we don't do 2), and I'm good with 1).

even this attributes good faith where it probably shouldn't be assumed.  without the VRA, in my opinion any plan that restricts voting to a single point of failure is ripe for shittiness because that point will become the focus to those with bad intent.  here, the IDs will be administered by your average sheriff shithead in bumfuck alabama and they'd only be available from 10-3 on tuesdays on the east side of town, or some such. everyone will be really surprised that some people don't want to go chat with the fuzz in their off time.

the vra really is the lynchpin for so much and i don't see how you can do anything that isn't federally administered, and something federally administered in every little town in america would never be palatable.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

The Dems are not only fighting amongst themselves and Republicans regarding voter ID, they’re also fighting against the public. It polls very high, which actually shocked me a bit. 

Which is why if Democrats were smart (LOL) they would propose and support a national ID card.

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

You should report her to @hayden_horn for harassment. @immamac has stated someone following you around and negging every post regardless of content is harassment which, of course, was the primary MO of a few folks.

You guys are such pussies.  I neg Bravo when he posts stupid shit in the Cloak Room.  There is no following his dumbass around.  Why are you snowflakes so concerned with Rep?

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Which is why if Democrats were smart (LOL) they would propose and support a national ID card.

What's stupid is that we already have one....your Social Security card.  Expand its use...add a photo (updated every 10 years) and a thumb print. Significantly enhance the security of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

What's stupid is that we already have one....your Social Security card.  Expand its use...add a photo (updated every 10 years) and a thumb print. Significantly enhance the security of it. 

Man...y'all have seen/heard the contortions of the "everyone should have a government ID to vote!" crowd when it's suggested that "fine, let's get a uniform government ID." right?  "No way am I gonna give the Deep State my information!  That's fascism/communism/naziism/a vegan plot!"

The governing rule is cognitive dissonance:

We desperately need to mandate government IDs, but don't make me get a government ID.

Every vote is sacred and must count, so we must require voter IDs to prevent ineligible votes, but it's perfectly ok to impose that rule in a way that will create barriers to eligible voters actually voting.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You guys are such pussies.  I neg Bravo when he posts stupid shit in the Cloak Room.  There is no following his dumbass around.  Why are you snowflakes so concerned with Rep?

because they keep getting crowdsourced for being fucking trolls. they can't help it

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

Hi Donkey Cigar.  Let's see how long you last this time.

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

13 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

You follow me around and neg rep posts on the lulz forum and other places because you’re a psychotic fuck.  I only respond in kind in the appropriate locale.  Who’s the one lapping shit up.   

Seriously? You're the troll who does chase people around the board. You definitely did it to me negging even football posts and looks like you have done it elsewhere. No one believes you.

download.gif.f5a6d123bf3e0b4bd163f22d9968589f.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

Seriously? You're the troll who does chase people around the board. You definitely did it to me negging even football posts and looks like you have done it elsewhere. No one believes you.

download.gif.f5a6d123bf3e0b4bd163f22d9968589f.gif

As already commented, you were posting vaccine misinformation.  Hell, you still do it.  You have not learned.  But keep being a cunt and whining about it.

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

As already commented, you were posting vaccine misinformation.  Hell, you still do it.  You have not learned.  But keep being a cunt and whining about it.

You're a proven liar.

You pose a great question. Why are you so concerned with rep? I just checked you have given out an astounding 2400 negs. There is no way anyone else on this board is even close to that number. That's someone who is very concerned with rep. Psychotic is right as Trey said.

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Allow me to interpret what Biden said about the midterm elections: "If Dems lose their fucking asses it's because the GQP cheated, not because I have buttfucked my presidency into oblivion". 

hmm, let's see: my #1 campaign issue was which candidate was not supporting a violent insurrection. Let's go to the ledger. Check, no insurrection from Biden. He's good in my book!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

hmm, let's see: my #1 campaign issue was which candidate was not supporting a violent insurrection. Let's go to the ledger. Check, no insurrection from Biden. He's good in my book!

It was?  The January 2021 "insurrection" was your key issue for voting in November 2020

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

He said it twice about elections being illegitimate during the PC then Harris and Clyburn echoed the sentiment this morning prior to Psaki getting out the mop.  I know you don't like it but it's what happened.  

Are you really this head in the sand?  This is the leader of the GQP basically inferring that African-Americans are not real Americans.  And you have 19 states that have tried to make it more difficult to vote because they only want certain Americans to do so.  

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Hi Donkey Cigar.  Let's see how long you last this time.

I literally was only crowdsourced because I called out Longhornfan8 for being wrong and not smart about a very specific and easily proven point, and he admitted to using his entire lunch hour down at the loading dock to literally go back as far as he could and neg me 100 times. Something which isn't allowed anymore, which is chef's kiss because people like you and Longhornfan8 being the face and the standard of this site is an insult to the community at large.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 6

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

From what?  Have you even been out of the city limits?

I smoked a bowl halfway through that post, so I may have left some detail out. I was thinking mostly of population centers, but certainly there needs to be some gradation for less dense communities.

16 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I agree with everything except polling location proximity and 30 days of early voting. You have great points, then go off the rails with hyperbole at the end. Polling location density should be tied to population density. Used to driving for fucking ever in Lovin Co to rob rich ladies, or just grab a beer? You can drive to vote. And yes, you need a car in Loving CO. Live on campus or downtown, you can likely walk to vote or certainly bus it. Transportation should be a non issue. Fuck let em put a polling station in Montgomery Co trailer parks if density is great enough. Polling locations that take longer than 30 min force mandatory addition of additional staff or locations.

Early voting for two straight weeks including Sundays. Then Election day is a holiday. Anything longer is too much a burden on a lot of volunteer staff, poll watchers, schools, etc.

You kinda proved my point in a roundabout way. As I pointed out above, I left a little detail out of my thought and yes it was slightly hyperbolic, but the sentiment stands. Make polling places EXTREMELY easy to get to AND allow for mail-in/drop box voting. Oh, and those drop boxes need to be as close together if not more so than the polling places. There is simply no reason in 2022 it should take anyone more than 30 minutes total to vote. None whatsoever.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I literally was only crowdsourced because I called out Longhornfan8 for being wrong and not smart about a very specific and easily proven point, and he admitted to using his entire lunch hour down at the loading dock to literally go back as far as he could and neg me 100 times. Something which isn't allowed anymore, which is chef's kiss because people like you and Longhornfan8 being the face and the standard of this site is an insult to the community at large.

You poor thing. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I don't know how many times you plan to throw @immamac's mercy on your pathetic ass under the bus, but you clearly have no intention of changing or engaging anyone here in a meaningful way, My guess is you'll be on handle, what, #5 by month's end. Why do you post here? Clearly no one wants you to, but yourself.

And I wasn't wrong, as you keep trying to assert. You made a false equivalence (that several other posters also pointed out) that was impossible to prove or disprove and then you started on the personal attacks, as you still do (see: loading dock comment). So I made you go away. I can't do that anymore, apparently, but I have no doubt the community at large will send you back to the dustbin where you belong.

33 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Are you really this head in the sand?  This is the leader of the GQP basically inferring that African-Americans are not real Americans.  And you have 19 states that have tried to make it more difficult to vote because they only want certain Americans to do so.  

That really is kind of a cheap shot.  At some subliminal level, McConnell probably meant what he said, but it's fairly clear that he left off "more generally."

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/record-high-turnout-in-2020-general-election.html

Interestingly, while Blacks vote at a lower rate than Whites, Asians and Hispanics vote at a lower rate than both, dragging the aggregate down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That really is kind of a cheap shot.  At some subliminal level, McConnell probably meant what he said, but it's fairly clear that he left off "more generally."

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/record-high-turnout-in-2020-general-election.html

Interestingly, while Blacks vote at a lower rate than Whites, Asians and Hispanics vote at a lower rate than both, dragging the aggregate down.

why in the world would you give McConnell any benefit of the doubt? he has don't nothing to earn anyone's respect, except his donors.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Allow me to interpret what Biden said about the midterm elections: "If Dems lose their fucking asses it's because the GQP cheated, not because I have buttfucked my presidency into oblivion". 

Where have we heard shit like that before?

A link would be appropriate. Let’s evaluate your translation skills.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Voting is important, and worth waiting however long it takes. 

I've seen your reactions to the existence of poor people. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be this calm after waiting in a voting line for 8 hours and 45 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Here is what I think is happening.

dotard whined about election fraud leading up to the 2020 election and then Biden won fair and square.  Now, Rs have been harping on about the Big Lie since then.

After Biden saying yesterday that without voting rights, elections might not be legitimate, Rs are now crowing about how he is undermining confidence in elections.

This is the plan.  It is gaslighting.  When Rs actually DO meddle in elections (as we've already fucking seen) and Dems and others call them on it, they will just say Dems are sore losers.  They are setting up a false reality so Americans don't know what to believe.

It's very evil.  

They're really good about making everything a "heads I win, tails you lose" argument. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Here is what I think is happening.

dotard whined about election fraud leading up to the 2020 election and then Biden won fair and square.  Now, Rs have been harping on about the Big Lie since then.

After Biden saying yesterday that without voting rights, elections might not be legitimate, Rs are now crowing about how he is undermining confidence in elections.

This is the plan.  It is gaslighting.  When Rs actually DO meddle in elections (as we've already fucking seen) and Dems and others call them on it, they will just say Dems are sore losers.  They are setting up a false reality so Americans don't know what to believe.

It's very evil.  

I actually think this is a pretty fair and accurate observation.

What I think is the fuel that allows the above process engine to continue to burn, however, is mostly something the Dems are responsible for and is in their control. Namely, that of not having a provocative point of view and being willing to be better politicians (e.g. fight, go low, fire up their base, etc.) and instead whine and moan and always be in react mode (e.g. But Trump! and What-about-when-an R did it? and R's are being hypocritical, etc.) So the sore loser moniker and victomhood persona becomes a prophecy fulfilled.

It's like my boy Napoleon said, somebody gotta explain why I ain't got nothing

It's like my boy @bad_teammate said, Dems need to grow a spine and stand and deliver otherwise you are the political Dallas Cowboys led by Mike McCarthy. You aren't managing the clock well despite having the better players and odds on paper and always blame the refs when you lose.

Edited by TurkeyChew

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon