Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

59 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Sinema is being paid by corporations and the ultra wealthy to obstruct the Democratic Party agenda. That’s it. It’s not anything more complicated than that.

She ain’t running for president. She ain’t even running for senator in 4 years. This is all just a cash grab, now and post senate career, and lol at the atheist wearing a cross during her absolutely pathetic senate floor speech. She’s the biggest fraud in the party. 

Her senate seat is up for reelection in 2024, not 2026. She's been in politics her whole life and has way too much ambition to be happy with being an obstructionist one-term Senator. Yeah, her donors are obviously paying her to obstruct the Democratic agenda, but that doesn't mean they can't also be whispering in her ear about how great a President they think she'd be. 

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Her senate seat is up for reelection in 2024, not 2026. She's been in politics her whole life and has way too much ambition to be happy with being an obstructionist one-term Senator. Yeah, her donors are obviously paying her to obstruct the Democratic agenda, but that doesn't mean they can't also be whispering in her ear about how great a President they think she'd be. 

Well then she’s a total dumbass because the entire Democratic Party hates her now and she isn’t winning elections as a republican. 

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

i have no idea if it's true or not, but there are far crazier people than sinema who run for president for far stupider reasons.  it doesn't take much.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Build Back Better was a ridiculous legislative attempt. There are Democrats that don't want want much less 0 Republicans. Biden was asked to not be Trump so that's what he should be.

He doesn't have a mandate like Obama had in 2008. Stop trying to change everything. The failed attempts are going to lose the House & Senate. Do you realize that?

Wildcat is right, your political analysis is very child-like. The rules are always different for the Dems and you are rewriting history here or you have amnesia about the Newt Gingrich years during the Clinton presidency and the Boehner/McConnell years during Obamas terms.

When has any Dem president ever been considered to have a mandate by the mainstream media or the GOP? When has the press ever pushed the GOP to temper its demands, reach over to the other side of the aisle and cooperate with their opposition in the same way it does of the Democratic establishment? Ffs, Dubya got basically everything he ever wanted (Iraq War fiasco, Patriot Act,multiple tax cuts, medicare reform, no child left behind, Roberts and Alito) and only lost on privatizing social security because a) Republicans realized they didn't really have a plan to pay for it and b) Nancy f'n Pelosi unified House Democrats against it. Did the Democrats get any credit then for their bipartisan cooperation and the rejection of their most progressive voices? But when Obama comes into office the GOP is the most obstructionist Congress in history, isn't punished for not playing nice, Obama and Dems get blamed for not "unifying" the Congress, and all of this just paved the way for Trumpism by helping convince the public that government doesn't work for it and so fuck it, let's run a crazy insult reality tv guy for the highest office in the land. 

This perpetual myth that a centrist path is the only path plays right into the GOP's hands by reframing the most popular elements of the progressive agenda as impossibly extremist and dividing Democratic voters, thereby giving the GOP everything they ever want when they are in power  (endless tax cuts, defense spending, and stacking the judiciary) and permission to obstruct endlessly when they are out of power.

We need people like you, please take a step back from this white bread both-sides trap you got yourself stuck in and realize that the Beltway fetish for bipartisanship is a dumb fantasy not grounded in reality. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This perpetual myth that a centrist path is the only path plays right into the GOP's hands by reframing the most popular elements of the progressive agenda as impossibly extremist and dividing Democratic voters, thereby giving the GOP everything they ever want when they are in power  (endless tax cuts, defense spending, and stacking the judiciary) and permission to obstruct endlessly when they are out of power.

This. Centrist pundits always say "they need to move to the middle," not because it's the product of a serious analysis of the facts, but because they don't want the party to do anything too popular. Time after time after time after time the same shit happens and the left gets blamed, not because they're actually to blame but because it's convenient to make people think they are. That's how we have a party full of voters that think voting rights is just too radical a thing to fight for and that literally say the party should stop trying to do things. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So the contention is that 7% of self-described democrats suddenly decided, after one year of Biden, that they preferred Trump?  That's really what he's trying to say?

That is not what the poll says.  It asks what your party affiliation is - Dem, GOP or independent.  And then do you lean Dem or GOP.  

Take it up with Gallup.  It's their poll.  I don't have a hard time believing a shift from independents and democrats to the GOP given the shit show that is Biden/Harris.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That is not what the poll says.  It asks what your party affiliation is - Dem, GOP or independent.  And then do you lean Dem or GOP.  

Take it up with Gallup.  It's their poll.  I don't have a hard time believing a shift from independents and democrats to the GOP given the shit show that is Biden/Harris.

Pretends To Be Shocked GIFs | Tenor

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

In what way has Biden/Harris been a shit show when compared to the previous administration?

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dems seem to be step behind and out of touch with reality with each new bill or initiative. Or there is some ideal that they really want to something so let’s try it even though it will lead to failure in the senate. I’m referencing the latest voting rights bill. I have no idea what’s in it but I have no doubt they loaded up with whatever any Dem lawmaker wanted.

instead why not just tackle a couple of simple items that even manchin and sinema can get behind. Then even if Cruz and Hawley filibuster it to death, there is an easy message to Dems and independents in November.

I normally vote Dem but I have come to the conclusion that Dems have already conceded losing the house and perhaps the senate. The senate could stay Dem controlled.

These days I'm praying they'll just do the minimum to get by and strengthen their hand in 2022.  Finish the job then.  The far left of the party will bitch but they need to do what they can do. 

4 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I’d be willing to bet that behind Manchin and Sinema there are other moderate Democrats that don’t want to really vote on these bills. For sure they didn’t want to be on the record for BBB. Manchin just took the heat and he was fine doing that because it secures his re-election. This column sums it up pretty well. 

Same thing for Sinema. Last poll I saw had Biden approval rating in AZ of 42%. 35% with independents. I don’t get why posters here think that these Senators should or will just rubber stamp whatever the President wants. 

Negged.  They should do what he tells them because it will save the US democracy and our planet.  

2 hours ago, retread said:

How do you see this playing out (worst case)? How does Trump throttle any dissenters in the military?

I'm not sure if anyone has given their take on this. My predictions are notoriously wrong. 

I increasingly see this slide to fascism as something that the opposing white populace won't be willing to do more than use words to stop. My posts on this board can serve as Exhibit A. I've purchased bullets for my mother's S&W .38, but it's hard to see myself taking the field with it. 

What will be left to save the republic? The military is sworn to uphold the Constitution. Will they? Will they do so in what would have to be an extra-Constitutional action?

Further, can a Trumpist/GOP grab for total power under whatever pretense succeed without overt backing from the general staff and officer corps of the Army? They got some surprised passivity for several hours on Jan. 6, but I suspect the confusion about what was actually going on and disbelief that the Executive would not act to protect Congress led to dithering in the high command. That, and the presence of a general (Mike Flynn's brother) or generals sympathetic to the insurrection balled up the chain of command and ability to respond.

Generals and officers near the insurrection seemed to have been impatient to intervene which I think is a good sign.

Jan. 6 was not just a rehearsal for the traitors; it was also a rehearsal for the Army and what they may do.

Best case scenario is that the Army refuses to allow a stolen election and government takeover by illegal and constitutionally unsound means. They have to claim that the principal of the constitution of letting majority rule gives them legal reason rather than hoping to point to any of the individual laws developed banning the Army from domestic political struggles. It remains the best case scenario if the rank and file soldiery obey orders during the crisis. They may be deployed to shatter any domestic/militia terrorism. Shatter mercilessly.

Worst case scenario is that command would just passively standby or feel constrained by tradition from getting involved. The GOP steals the election or wins with an absurd minority of the popular vote and we all just sit around taking it. In this case:

• The Dems keep thinking in terms of winning seats in future elections, starting investigations, and bringing legal action before the GOP Supreme Court.
  • The media also keep framing this as a GOP v Dem fight and the horrors of our partisanly divided country. Why o why can't the Dems and GOPs just stop bickering? Lazy and stupid.
  • The people don't have a nationally telecast Howard Beale to tell them that they should give up the pleasures of steel belted radials and the Kardashians to stand up and say they won't take it anymore. So they don't.

The GOPs are killing us locally through government. Local anti-GOPs must stand up for the people to pre-empt this problem. I don't see it happening with this electorate.

That snowballs to a crisis where we turn our lonely eyes to the Army.

Our banana republic will be the envy of the world. The greatest country ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Republicans are absolutely obstructing almost every initiative in government. They only did infrastructure because they had constituents that wanted it and they needed one piece of legislation to point to that shows cooperation. 

Manchin and Sinema may well be obstructing everything too, but so far it’s been focused on the $1.8-3T bill.  To prove obstruction, there needs to be proof of rejecting smaller Democrat initiatives. 

The Democrats can pass up to three bills per year without the filibuster.  Take an important but smaller piece of legislation, bring it to the floor, and either pass it or demonstrate obstruction by the Republicans, Manchin and Sinema. Make it a piece of legislation that has broad support from centrists and Democrats. If they obstruct, sick the majority public on them all. Start reframing the messaging. Because right now, the Democrats are the party of the impotent. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The Republicans are absolutely obstructing almost every initiative in government. They only did infrastructure because they had constituents that wanted it and they needed one piece of legislation to point to that shows cooperation. 

Manchin and Sinema may well be obstructing everything too, but so far it’s been focused on the $1.8-3T bill.  To prove obstruction, there needs to be proof of rejecting smaller Democrat initiatives. 

The Democrats can pass up to three bills per year without the filibuster.  Take an important but smaller piece of legislation, bring it to the floor, and either pass it or demonstrate obstruction by the Republicans, Manchin and Sinema. Make it a piece of legislation that has broad support from centrists and Democrats. If they obstruct, sick the majority public on them all. Start reframing the messaging. Because right now, the Democrats are the party of the impotent. 

Renewing the VRA has been historically bipartisan. There are 16 Republicans currently serving in Congress who have voted to renew in the past. Why are Republicans stonewalling this legislation?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Renewing the VRA has been historically bipartisan. There are 16 Republicans currently serving in Congress who have voted to renew in the past. Why are Republicans stonewalling this legislation?

Because painting Biden as a failure is more important than improving the country.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Because painting Biden is a failure as more important than improving the country.

I find it especially off putting that Senator Tim “from Cotton to Congress” Scott won’t support the John Lewis bill

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

spacer.png

I’m just going to make the point that I always make whenever I see a Gallup poll posted, regardless of what it says, and point out that they are total and complete trash and they constantly give numbers that are meaningless and bounce around like a rubber ball. 
You shouldn’t believe Gallup if they tell you 92% of kids like ice cream. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

These days I'm praying they'll just do the minimum to get by and strengthen their hand in 2022.  Finish the job then.  The far left of the party will bitch but they need to do what they can do. 

And what is that exactly against a barrage of corporate money aimed at stifling Biden's agenda? This is not and never has been about the far left, this is about right-wing obstructionists and  "centrists" like President Sinema bought off by lobbyists. 

Screenshot (155).png

• Hook 'Em 1

Republicans coming back home with Trump out of office.  This is the money quote:

When all the 2021 shifts are netted out, the Democrats' average three-point advantage for the entirety of the year is only slightly smaller than they had in recent years. Democrats held five- or six-point advantages in party affiliation each year between 2016 and 2020, and three-point edges in 2014 and 2015.

(knowing I'm engaging a troll) and what Biden said is true as tens of millions marched and protested worldwide. Further, anti-racism campaigns and demands for police forces to review and change how they deal with suspected criminals grew globally. Because for the first time, billions of people watched a police officer murder a man in cold blood.

Biden isn't diminishing MLK's legacy in any way as you're implying (knowing I'm engaging a troll).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bravo said:

OMG

You should be negged to oblivion for this because it’s such a lie and has no purpose other than to troll. I’m sure your DT friends will once again rally to your worthless defense though.

Serious question. What exactly do you think you are accomplishing here? I’m quite sure you post this crap all over Facebook and Twitter and that effectively accomplishes what you are trying to do by fooling the olds and the rubes. Here, you are only making sure the people who oppose your lies are aware of it. Seems counterproductive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Bravo jumps in the fray and immediately posts a poll that had already been discussed at length in this thread and then a disingenuous cut of a Biden speech.
Bravo, indeed.

Hey, I tried to crowdsource his idiotic ass ages ago.  No one was helping and then all his fellow Trumpies started pos repping him so that it would be difficult to crowd source him easily.  He is a disingenuous troll.

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Ah, yes, everyone knows the best takes about what Dems need to do come from Republican senators.

Not how I read it but ok

I'm not rooting for it by any means but if the Dem continue down this path, they will lose the mid terms and they will lose the Whitehouse and we'll be back in the shitshow circus

Millions of Americans voted for Biden in the hope that he would usher in a new era of governance that would at long last address the needs of the forgotten in this country. The Democratic legislative agenda does just that. Stopping Trump, arguably, was job one but that’s not all his election was about.

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Millions of Americans voted for Biden in the hope that he would usher in a new era of governance that would at long last address the needs of the forgotten in this country. The Democratic legislative agenda does just that. Stopping Trump, arguably, was job one but that’s not all his election was about.

Corporate America put the quick kibosh on that wish. That and punishment for the Afghanistan withdrawal disturbing the gravy train  and same as it ever was.

Corporate media has certainty done its job so far. Same as it ever was. 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Hey, I tried to crowdsource his idiotic ass ages ago.  No one was helping and then all his fellow Trumpies started pos repping him so that it would be difficult to crowd source him easily.  He is a disingenuous troll.

He’s apparently like Kaiser soze among the DT assholes which means he’s someone’s sock. Tough to get rid of then. 

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon