Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

3 hours ago, shakahorn said:

I love how 'Brandon' is becoming a positive nickname.  Would be great for Joe or the WH twitter account to mock that even more.  Of all the great protest chants over time, 'the whole world's watching,' 'hell no we won't go,' 'hey hey lbj how many kids did you kill today,' 'no justice no peace,' the best you can do is let's go brandon?  Idiots.

once again, a situation where both sides feel like they’re “winning”. one because they’re idiots with the instincts of a sandbox bully toddler. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

I’m a Biden fan but I think there’s a chance that Jill might persuade him to rest on his laurels as a successful long term senator, VP, and POTUS and allow them to live out the rest of their lives enjoying their family and each other. He has nothing left to prove and deserves some time off. I’m much younger and recoil in horror at the thought of having to keep his schedule. 

This is where I’m leaning. 

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

OMG Biden is a very old school Democrat - a feature many of you hate.

And an old school Democratic Senator and Vice President and now President (a position he spent the last half of his life running for) does NOT give up incumbency.

His brain ain’t wired that way.

also he wasn't going to run.  he didn't run in 2016.  he felt a responsibility in 2020 to come in and help fix the country.

you think he looks at the country now and says, yep, all done here?  we're in good hands moving forward?

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Satchel said:

LBJ was a power monger and he quit. Sometimes circumstances help you recognize when it’s time to go, especially when you’ve checked all the boxes career wise.

LBJ didn't want the humiliation of losing because it was a foregone conclusion.  That is literally the only reason he didn't run again.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, kevwun said:

LBJ didn't want the humiliation of losing.  That is literally the only reason he didn't run again.

Right, the party fractured over Vietnam and he got hardcore challenged by RFK and McCarthy.  

Pretty sure the Dems are not going to hand 2024 to Trump/DeSantis by fracturing the party, especially with rebounding approvals and big legislative wins over the summer.  

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

checks notes. nope, that's all of them

I dunno. I still know quiet a few people who practice Christianity's original mission of peace and kindness unto others. But the last 50 or so years have certainly seemed to take up the message of grievance and "fuck anyone not like me."

I dunno. I still know quiet a few people who practice Christianity's original mission of peace and kindness unto others. But the last 50 or so years have certainly seemed to take up the message of grievance and "fuck anyone not like me."

Christian individuals =/= Churches

So you’re both correct.

Christian individuals =/= Churches

So you’re both correct.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Seems like it has been a mixed bag recently. The house outlook seems to be improving for dems, but I just noticed that the Atlanta Fed dropped their GDP projection for this quarter from 0.5 to 0.3. A negative rating would be really bad and would ramp up the GOP recession talk into overdrive at the worst possible time. Even if it’s a measly 0.1 or 0.2, need this to be positive.

https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow?panel=4

Edited by Voldemort86

2 minutes ago, Orale said:
28 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Dow Jones Industrial Average 30,183.78 1.70% -522.45 Today       Congratulations to Joe Biden on creating the greatest economy in the history of the world!

SDE.

More like a huge gaping gash