Sugar Bowl - Ole Miss vs Fuck Baylor

Surly Bevo

2 hours ago, TX Wing Fan said:

can't wait to watch the baylor fans embarrass themselves by storming the field

yeah, it was totally a sea of green when they stormed the field after beating a team they were ranked higher than.

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Yep. They didn’t mention them at all. 

No need to when 99% of this board mentions it 

• Hook 'Em 1

Name a coach who would choose to take a job at Baylor over Texas.

I don’t know if there is one. I clearly stated that. Coaches are a different breed. If it was me, I don’t want to work for entitled little bitches like Texas BMD.

Stated another way, I wonder if Charlie strong and Shaka smart regret accepting the Texas job?
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

There are fans from programs across the country who are jealous of the current wave of success Baylor is experiencing in its two most high profile sports. Why wouldn’t Texas fans be among them?
Are you serious? This may be the single dumbest thing I've read on shag/surl, and thats a really high bar.

Just now, harpercollins said:

I don’t know if there is one. I clearly stated that. Coaches are a different breed. If it was me, I don’t want to work for entitled little bitches.

Stated another way, I wonder if Charlie strong and Shaka smart regret accepting the Texas job?

No. They don't. Texas made them rich.

24 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Baylor is a stepping stone job. I give Aranda 2 more seasons tops before he's gone.

USATSI_13505337-e1577761869981-1024x682.

Then that makes UT a step down school because our last few coaches haven't climbed the ladder of success.

Rhule got money-whipped by an NFL team. It's not like Rhule went to K-State from Baylor. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, spearmintrhino said:

Then that makes UT a step down school because our last few coaches haven't climbed the ladder of success.

Rhule got money-whipped by an NFL team. It's not like Rhule went to K-State from Baylor. 

I never said Aranda would make a lateral move. I said Baylor is a stepping stone, meaning there are bigger/better jobs to move on to. Couple more good seasons and Aranda is moving on. 

OXZE4X5NCVGJ7MGVTI2SGUFM3A

5 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

I never said Aranda would make a lateral move. I said Baylor is a stepping stone, meaning there are bigger/better jobs to move on to. Couple more good seasons and Aranda is moving on. 

OXZE4X5NCVGJ7MGVTI2SGUFM3A

Maybe you should read up on what "stepping stone" means. Hint:

Spoiler

It's not a 20-year, three national championship tenure,

In case you forgot:

7C953D22-3143-47E5-A29E-E51BA77B5B81.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, harpercollins said:

No. They were just bad coaches that are now losing at other schools or have been fired at other schools. They will never get a job as good as Texas again.

That says nothing about the attractive nature of Texas as a school. Which is why Texas continues to hire top 10ish coaches across the board in almost every sport recently (see Schaefer, White, Beard, Floreal, etc).

The recent failure at Texas in football has to do with hiring bad coaches but it will always be a school that attracts top tier coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the Sugar was one of the most hard hitting intensely played games I've seen in a long time. Both teams badly wanted to be there and win. A pity about Corral, but I still think Baylor wins. Look at the speed on teams from the south! 

Aranda will be the next Alabama coach

Fun game. Better than the semi-final disasters and another Bama beats Georgia II. ESPN tried to spin the Corral angle to death for secsecsec but agree probably doesn't change result. Baylor QB was gimpy too and arguably backup after what the other kid did in last three games.

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Pretty dumb graphic. Gee, what are the odds that happened this year after COVID shortened seasons. 

Ok then - you can flip that stat.  What are the odds of going from a 7 loss season to a 2 loss season...AND in a season where you are  playing more games than the prior season?  I think 5 fewer losses in a season with more chances for those losses is pretty damn impressive and, most importantly for us, precedent for such a one season turnaround being at least possible.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ate you dipshits actually using Kim Mulkey as an example of Baylor being a stepping-stone job? Obviously it is in football. I don't think it is for either shooty-hoops program.

I think they're right. It's a stepping stone job for narcissists who demand to pick the next stadium location and wants her name on the court because she's jealous of the attention the men's basketball coach is receiving.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I think they're right. It's a stepping stone job for narcissists who demand to pick the next stadium location and wants her name on the court because she's jealous of the attention the men's basketball coach is receiving.

And she downgraded. It's like saying Louisville is a stepping stone job because Rick Pitino wound up coaching Iona. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

I for one, am super jealous of the athletic program whose football team won 2 games last year and is 5 years past an institutional cover up of rape scandal.

I'm not jealous of their program's shameful scandals, but yeah I'm a bit envious of the way they find ways to not suck at football.

I can also admit when other schools have good football teams and we don't without having to put qualifiers and whataboutism around it.

Although to be fair I'm far less in awe of what Baylor is doing and far more frustrated with what we're not able to do.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 5

Aranda beat four teams that will finish the season ranked in BYU, OU, Okie lite and Ole Miss. I'm honestly surprised that LSU didn't snag him opposed to Kelly. You can't fault the guy for the terrible 2020 season because Baylor experienced a massive turnover on their 2 deep from 2019 to 2020, even Rhule would've struggled to finish .500 in 2020. I was hoping someone would hire Aranda away because he seems legit.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

Baylor is a stepping stone job. I give Aranda 2 more seasons tops before he's gone.

USATSI_13505337-e1577761869981-1024x682.

Stepping stone or not, fuck they can pick a goddamn coach.  Let's just draft off their search, then swoop in and snatch their next choice.

Both west the SEC route.  One chose a proven coach that worked under and thrived under a coach that makes my drunk uncle seem coherent.

One chose a coach under arguably the best CFB HC ever and gave him every shiny rock in the country to work with.

Results are still out and I think Sark needs time, but damn.

13 minutes ago, Chad said:

Aranda beat four teams that will finish the season ranked in BYU, OU, Okie lite and Ole Miss. I'm honestly surprised that LSU didn't snag him opposed to Kelly. You can't fault the guy for the terrible 2020 season because Baylor experienced a massive turnover on their 2 deep from 2019 to 2020, even Rhule would've struggled to finish .500 in 2020. I was hoping someone would hire Aranda away because he seems legit.

LSU wanted "splash" and will regret it for years.

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I can also admit when other schools have good football teams and we don't without having to put qualifiers and whataboutism around it.

In the last 6 seasons post Briles-

NY6 wins-Texas 1, Baylor 1

Top 10 finishes-Texas 1, Baylor 1

Top 25 finishes-Texas 3, Baylor 2

Most Texas fans are tired of being shitty in football but framing Baylor as "having good football teams" while Texas doesn't is amusing. Outside of winning the Big 12 in one of the weakest years since it's founding there isn't much difference between either program recently. I think that's the issue most have with your posts. We recognize that Texas sucks but Baylor isn't some great program we're trying to model success after. 

Now men's basketball is a different story. They've been consistently good with Drew. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Baylor has had a very impressive decade in 2 of the big 3 sports while we've been playing with our dicks in the sandbox. Not sure why that's so hard for some of you to come to grips with. Maybe their coach will get hired by a bigger school with more money, but they don't seem to have an issue hiring someone else to keep the train rolling. In two and a half decades of Big 12 play, they've just matched us in total Big 12 football titles.  That's unbelievable.  Baylor, who used to routinely go winless in conference play, has the same number of Big 12 titles as us.

Meanwhile at the flagship, coach #4 in the past 10 years just had a 5-win season.

This here. Some peanut butter and jelly is alive in this thread.  We aren’t good. Haven’t been good. We are Baylor minus the rape 

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Stepping stone or not, fuck they can pick a goddamn coach.  Let's just draft off their search, then swoop in and snatch their next choice.

Only 2 sports matter and Baylor is lightyears ahead of us in both. Beating Iowa State in Football is next to impossible for us right now. If a true freshman offensive line isn't productive next season, we are looking at a mass exodos after another subpar record. We are all past concerned. It is okay to be bummed out. Let's hope and pray that we don't start in the SEC until after Sark gets fired. 

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm not jealous of their program's shameful scandals, but yeah I'm a bit envious of the way they find ways to not suck at football.

Although to be fair I'm far less in awe of what Baylor is doing and far more frustrated with what we're not able to do.

Just rest easy knowing that when Texas does succeed at football, it's at a level that Baylor will never achieve.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Only 2 sports matter and Baylor is lightyears ahead of us in both. Beating Iowa State in Football is next to impossible for us right now. If a true freshman offensive line isn't productive next season, we are looking at a mass exodos after another subpar record. We are all past concerned. It is okay to be bummed out. Let's hope and pray that we don't start in the SEC until after Sark gets fired. 

And yet, we'll win a national championship in football before Baylor ever plays for one.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Only 2 sports matter and Baylor is lightyears ahead of us in both. 

This simply isn't true in football. 

You're the type poster that gets mocked in the recruiting threads and rightfully so. You will call for Sark's head and then in year 2 hype a guy that was even worse than Sark in year 1. 

Let me put it this way, if Texas had the resume of all the hires after Briles you would want them fired. Look at TS12's posts above....Texas and Baylor have been very similar teams in the last 6 seasons outside of a conference championship and Texas has more top 25 finishes. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

And yet, we'll win a national championship in football before Baylor ever plays for one.

We went 35 years between national titles last time. It took arguably the greatest player in the history of CFB to carry us to that title. I sure hope I am wrong about Sark, and he wins big, but there is a real possibility that no one on this board will ever see another national title in football. We have a generational problem in regards to athletics leadership at out university for the 2 sports that matter. We just had our worst losing streak in a half century. We are about as close to winning a national title in football as we are in hockey. 

• Hook 'Em 2