Woman accuses TX DPS trooper of sexual assault; body cam released

Art Vandelay

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Never heard of him or the case. He needs to print an update and full retraction.

King is, in fact, a hack.  I agree with him politically on many fronts but I just can not put any stock into his assertions or “research”.  His track record is pretty bad, from my recollection.  

He was the one who broke the Peyton Manning sexual assault of a team doctor story, IIRC.  That’s when a lot of people got familiar with him.  As far as Texas fans specifically, I think a lot of people cut their teeth on his pieces about Strong’s tenure.

During a field sobriety test, the trooper pours out two bottles of alcohol he found in her back seat

Are we to assume they were open?  Otherwise, what's the issue with simple possession?

[/bernards] He poured them in her mouf and made her drunk[/wasasetup]

The sad part is she will get slapped with probation for falsely questioning the integrity of the officer. Had the video not been available, he would be trying to stay out of Pound me in the Ass prison because he’s guilty until proven innocent against the charge. She is a cunt of the highest order.

5 hours ago, woohorn said:

How does everyone know who King is? Hate to be that guy, but-I've never heard of him. Why is he well known?

he led tulane to an undefeated 12-0 season in 1998 and in the process set the NCAA record for passing efficiency.  he’s actually kind of a big deal. 

10 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

All cops that I know want to wear them.

You have departments that don't want to pay for them, however.

The body cams are definitely an interesting topic. I was speaking with our neighborhood sheriff (Harris county), who was initially in favor of them. That said, after wearing them in the field for the last couple of months his opinion has changed. He does feel that they are a positive in regards to a "CYA" device. The negatives he brought up included the time (his time, i.e. Not paid to download the encrypted video) he checks in after the shift but can't leave until the body cam downloads, which can take up to an hour depending on the size of the file,longer if there are some issues in syncing. The other interesting point he spoke about was in regards to how every interaction was recorded. Back in the day when "we" we're in high school and a cop caught us drinking or doing something "stupid" and busted us, a drop off at the house by the sheriff usually was the end of it, the parents handled the punishment. Now, with the body cams everything is recorded and per the instructions of the D.A, prosecuted to the highest charge applicable. 

I can see both sides. 

Edited by Irwin F Fletcher

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

King posted this on his FB page earlier...

That's it. No apology for accusing someone of rape and blasting it all over the Internet.

https://medium.com/@ShaunKing/when-the-victim-you-fought-for-turns-out-to-be-the-victimizer-sherita-dixon-cole-and-the-painful-cec6ca8f3670

But Sherita Dixon-Cole is not one of those victims. She victimized us. She victimized the man she falsely accused and she victimized those who stood up for her?—?believing that she had experienced the worst crimes. Thankfully, she does not represent anyone but herself. 

9 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

The body cams are definitely an interesting topic. I was speaking with our neighborhood sheriff (Harris county), who was initially in favor of them. That said, after wearing them in the field for the last couple of months his opinion has changed. He does feel that they are a positive in regards to a "CYA" device. The negatives he brought up included the time (his time, i.e. Not paid to download the encrypted video) he checks in after the shift but can't leave until the body cam downloads, which can take up to an hour depending on the size of the file,longer if there are some issues in syncing. The other interesting point he spoke about was in regards to how every interaction was recorded. Back in the day when "we" we're in high school and a cop caught us drinking or doing something "stupid" and busted us, a drop off at the house by the sheriff usually was the end of it, the parents handled the punishment. Now, with the body cams everything is recorded and per the instructions of the D.A, prosecuted to the highest charge applicable. 

I can see both sides. 

Interesting counter point, but I think the positives out weigh the negatives.

12 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

The sad part is she will get slapped with probation for falsely questioning the integrity of the officer. Had the video not been available, he would be trying to stay out of Pound me in the Ass prison because he’s guilty until proven innocent against the charge. She is a cunt of the highest order.

You must not understand police unions.

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

All those words and still no apology from King. He even acknowledges that the cop was a victim, but fails to recognize his role in victimizing the cop by publicly accusing him of rape before he had all the facts.

I’ve considered every possible angle here — and every time I end up in the same place — it makes no sense why someone would throw their life away — and damage someone else’s — like she has done.

He is arguably more responsible for that damage than she is. Had he not blasted this story out prematurely, no one would even know the cop's name. instead, he received death threats. 

16 hours ago, woohorn said:

How does everyone know who King is? Hate to be that guy, but-I've never heard of him. Why is he well known?

800px-Google_web_search.png

17 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Most activists and activist organizations never let the truth get in the way of grandstanding in the news headlines. Manufacturing relevance is just as bad as fake news. 

They also do a disservice to actual victims, oh and also (no cloak room) allow the fake news crowd to point fingers when these things happen as a reason to not believe actual legit stories. 

I get the smartass google meme, but stalkin' with baby pics and birth certificates is trollin' worthy of someone more well known like Dolezal or Barry O.

I het that ya'll know he deserves that shit, he just ain't that well known.

11 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

They also do a disservice to actual victims, oh and also (no cloak room) allow the fake news crowd to point fingers when these things happen as a reason to not believe actual legit stories. 

#metoo or not #metoo, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous FoxNews, or to take Arms against a CNN of troubles, and by opposing end them: to die, to sleep.

12 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I can see both sides. 

Are you telling us that the da office reviews all of the body cam footage from all officers daily to look for charges?  Because I don’t believe that. 

On 5/23/2018 at 10:46 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

yet another reason for ALL COPS to wear the damn things.    

this is the part that I dont understand why the cops dig their heels in on wearing the body cameras. 

for probably 95% of their interactions, its going to show the cop doing their job correctly.   of the remaining 5%, 3% are probably going to be a bit aggressive and iffy.... and then probably 2% are going to show some actual violations.  

so the dirty cops get exposed, and maybe get booted, and it will reduce sheer number of lawsuits against the cops because the camera will most often show nothing going wrong.

I agree that all cops should wear cameras, the only negative aspect of this is cops can no longer let minor crimes go unpunished they have to charge you or give a citation for all crime including possession of weed and some traffic offenses. When I was younger I was caught with weed and told to take it home and smoke it there instead of in the car.

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are you telling us that the da office reviews all of the body cam footage from all officers daily to look for charges?  Because I don’t believe that. 

I'm not saying that. I've passed on a direct conversation with my local sheriff. Per his own words, the cameras are to be on whenever they respond to a call. Video is recorded and uploaded that same day. How the video is sync'd with a case, I have no idea. I do know that the sheriff stated that the policy coming down from the D.A. was record each incident and they would prosecute to the fullest extent they could. The take away is, the days of skating by with a warning are fading fast.

24 minutes ago, PXTX said:

I agree that all cops should wear cameras, the only negative aspect of this is cops can no longer let minor crimes go unpunished they have to charge you or give a citation for all crime including possession of weed and some traffic offenses. When I was younger I was caught with weed and told to take it home and smoke it there instead of in the car.

I mean, other than the fact that this statement is not true, sure.

They don't HAVE to arrest and charge you if they see you commit a minor offense, even if it's recorded by a camera.  It's all a matter of department policy.  If the department and/or DA  makes your position a policy, that's a really stupid thing for them to do.  So they shouldn't do that.  Unless, of course, they are doing so in order to manufacture an argument against having to wear body cameras.  Hmmmm.....

Edited by Brisketexan

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, other than the fact that this statement is not true, sure.

They don't HAVE to arrest and charge you if they see you commit a minor offense, even if it's recorded by a camera.  It's all a matter of department policy.  If the department and/or DA  makes your position a policy, that's a really stupid thing for them to do.  So they shouldn't do that.  Unless, of course, they are doing so in order to manufacture an argument against having to wear body cameras.  Hmmmm.....

The potential for biases becoming a matter of record might be a factor.

16 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

I agree with the last sentence, she is indeed. I don't agree with the first 2, that's hyperbole. Police with their police unions/lawyers vs. a baseless claim with no evidence from a civilian? Show me the stats to back that up...