Woman accuses TX DPS trooper of sexual assault; body cam released

Art Vandelay

For anyone who's been following this case...TX DPS released the body cam footage overnight. She lied.

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing trooper of rape

Hours after her arrest, well-known civil rights activist Shaun King wrote on Facebook and Twitter, “This woman was kidnapped and raped by a Texas State Trooper.” King included a detailed explanation of the claims as explained by Cole and her attorney, Lee Merritt.

King's posts accusing the state trooper of sexual assault were shared on social media nearly 80,000 times. They have since been deleted.

This article, however, is still up: Shaun King: Will Sherita Dixon-Cole Get Justice?

Way to wait for the facts to come out, dipshit. The trooper received death threats. But no apology from King thus far. Whatever credibility he had as an activist and "journalist" is done.

yet another reason for ALL COPS to wear the damn things.    

this is the part that I dont understand why the cops dig their heels in on wearing the body cameras. 

for probably 95% of their interactions, its going to show the cop doing their job correctly.   of the remaining 5%, 3% are probably going to be a bit aggressive and iffy.... and then probably 2% are going to show some actual violations.  

so the dirty cops get exposed, and maybe get booted, and it will reduce sheer number of lawsuits against the cops because the camera will most often show nothing going wrong.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I’ve been told by Shaggy/Surly that all cops are murderers, rapists, and dog killers.

or they cover up for the ones that are. What are the odds that cam malfunctions if the cop was guilty?

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

Never heard of him or the case. He needs to print an update and full retraction.

17 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

this is the part that I dont understand why the cops dig their heels in on wearing the body cameras. 

for probably 95% of their interactions, its going to show the cop doing their job correctly.   of the remaining 5%, 3% are probably going to be a bit aggressive and iffy.... and then probably 2% are going to show some actual violations.  

so the dirty cops get exposed, and maybe get booted, and it will reduce sheer number of lawsuits against the cops because the camera will most often show nothing going wrong.

These.  I always favor the truth.  Period, full stop.

I don't want cops to lie and bullshit and create a blue wall of silence.  I don't want people with an agenda to lie about cops, and use the bad reputation that cops have among a lot of people to advance their pet cause, or get a cop in trouble if he didn't do anything wrong.

If a cop does something wrong, I want the truth to come out.

If someone wrongfully accuses a cop of doing something wrong, I want the truth to come out.

Cameras provide the truth, or something damned close to it.  Wear the cameras, turn them on, and let's be done with this shit.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Agreed on all accounts.

59 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

All cops that I know want to wear them.

You have departments that don't want to pay for them, however.

2 minutes ago, Orange^White said:

They were not in favor until a few years ago.

oh i wasn't thinking that far back.  yeah that's not surprising to me.  the apd union are pretty good at protecting their own.  thank goodness for the liberal slant in our city otherwise we'd have one of the worst police departments (in terms of accountability) in the state.  even so we might already do.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Shocking that with all the valid reasons to complain about Shaun King, Johnny Sack has instead chosen to comment on the shade of his skin color twice. WTF, dude? That's weak.

He’s a Rachel Dolzeal. It’s funny to me. I’m a couple shades darker than that cracker. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Shocking that with all the valid reasons to complain about Shaun King, Johnny Sack has instead chosen to comment on the shade of his skin color twice. WTF, dude? That's weak.

This.  

If King got it wrong, light his ass up for misrepresenting the facts and not apologizing for it. (Which King has done before on a few things, IIRC)

But I'm not sure what point you (and Clay Travis) are trying to prove by making fun of his skin tone because he was wrong about this story. 

18 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

If King got it wrong, light his ass up for misrepresenting the facts and not apologizing for it. (Which King has done before on a few things, IIRC)

It's pretty clear he did get it wrong. And if this is a pattern with him, then why does anybody give him any credence?  Sounds like a hacktivist.  Damage done and King should be held liable for his knee jerk crap.  His ego is hurting legit causes.

35 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

You and Clay Travis keep using this phrase.  So what does it mean or refer to?

He claims to be black like Rachel Doelzal.  He is white.

He and his mom:

kingfamily.jpg

His dad:

jeffking.png

A police report when he was 15

kingbc.jpg

Edited by Johnny Sack

30 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

This.  

But I'm not sure what point you (and Clay Travis) are trying to prove by making fun of his skin tone because he was wrong about this story. 

I am not making fun of his skin color.  I am making fun about him pretending to be what he is not.

47 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

This.  

This.  If you are going to pretend to be fighting for justice, be a stand up guy and admit when you are wrong.  Or is falsely accusing someone of rape not wrong?  I can't see how someone doesn't have the integrity to make some sort of a retraction or apology, even if only to not look like a hypocrite, not because you are truly sorry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He claims to be black like Rachel Doelzal.  He is white.

He and his mom:

kingfamily.jpg

His dad:

jeffking.png

A police report when he was 15

kingbc.jpg

No, it's possible he is mixed.  He grew up with a step-dad who was white.  The father listed on this birth certificate doesn't have a race listed.  It's also popular his mom had an affair with a black guy.  And yes, when a police report only gives you two options--white or black--I can see how an officer in small town Kentucky in 1995 can look at him and choose White, but that doesn't mean the officer is correct.

I have lots of mixed races cousins, several who look the same skin tone as King.  He's clearly the baby being held by the mom in that photo, and I count at least 3 cousins who looked just like that when they were little.  They are mixed, and today, they look a tad lighter than caramel. 

But you don't account for those possibilities.  You and your personalities just assume that he's lying. 

With Dolezal, there is no comparison because she's just straight up white who believes she's black. 

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Motherfucking this. Period. End of story.

He’s white man. There’s a reason he won’t take Clay Travis’ offer to give BLM $50k in exchange for taking a 23 and me test if it shows he’s even 25 percent African descent. His entire life is a lie he’s fabricated.  

I think it’s funny.  And he gets really, really butthurt about it. A reverse Clayton Bigsby. 

Travis1.png

Edited by Johnny Sack

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

is 25% the threshold for blackness now? is clay travis now going to start using terms like quadroon, octoroon or hexadecaroon?

That’s what you took from that? Clay is saying he ain’t black at all.  But that if he makes 25 percent to prove he is at least biracial, he will cut a check. 

King posted this on his FB page earlier...

Today the Texas Department of Public Safety released this body camera footage of the traffic stop, field sobriety test, and subsequent arrest of Sherita Dixon-Cole.

It does not appear to show any verbal threats, sexual assault, or police brutality of any kind.

That's it. No apology for accusing someone of rape and blasting it all over the Internet.

7 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

King posted this on his FB page earlier...

That's it. No apology for accusing someone of rape and blasting it all over the Internet.

Most activists and activist organizations never let the truth get in the way of grandstanding in the news headlines. Manufacturing relevance is just as bad as fake news. 

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

This.  All the way.

I understand the possible trepidation of having to be perfect on camera in an extremely challenging profession and life threatening situations.  Sorry, the camera is for everyone's protection.  Use it or turn in your shit.