2022-24 UIL Realignment

TrashMaster G

5 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

Bowie starts with Vista Ridge & Cedar Ridge. Ends with Westlake & Lake Travis. Dripping is Week 4.

They’ll beat Vista Ridge. Cedar Ridge should be a good one.

Also in the RR district, Manor got bumped up and replaced Hutto.

image.thumb.png.86dbd704188617174c5b72bcc8069267.png

2A Div 1, District 3: Anthony should've opted to not drop down. Their travel is just brutal.
  • 427 miles to Christoval
  • 402 miles to Sonora
  • 377 miles to Forsan
  • 367 miles to Ozona
  • 353 miles to Big Lake

Anthony dropping fucked some other schools too.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, RexWilson said:

I really dislike the division splits below 6A. Causes some stupid districts. If size disparity is such an issue, create a 7A and reduce the range in each classification.

Agreed, most districts contain 2 distinct geographies that if combined with their counterpart in the other division, would make much better geographically sound leagues.

Yeah, that shit doesn't matter though.  WGAF about your JV/ subvarsity kids and crazy ass travel during the week?

Never have supported the 7a either as it wouldn't solve for the lower divisions and it's going to create some even more extreme districts. 

Edited by slorch

On 2/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, bolverk said:

2A Div 1, District 3: Anthony should've opted to not drop down. Their travel is just brutal.

• 402 miles to Sonora
  • 377 miles to Forsan
  • 367 miles to Ozona
  • 353 miles to Big Lake

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, bolverk said:

• 402 miles to Sonora
  • 377 miles to Forsan
  • 367 miles to Ozona
  • 353 miles to Big Lake

excuse me...its foreskin not forsan

2 hours ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

excuse me...its foreskin not forsan

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Buffalos. The district has become mostly a "white flight" school for my hometown after it implemented open enrollment policies. The town, itself, is at most 200-300 people but its district now syphons off the best, brightest, strongest, and fastest from where I grew up. Nobody went there back in the day. The same goes for Coahoma, which now brings in all the FFA kids and other various ag kids.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Buffalos. The district has become mostly a "white flight" school for my hometown after it implemented open enrollment policies. The town, itself, is at most 200-300 people but its district now syphons off the best, brightest, strongest, and fastest from where I grew up. Nobody went there back in the day. The same goes for Coahoma, which now brings in all the FFA kids and other various rednecks.

I had not heard this before so I checked out prior ADMs and Forsan demos.

in 2004, they dropped from 2A to 1A, which later became 2A in 2014 when UIL moved six-man up to 1A and other Classifications added an "A."

2012 ADM 189

2014 ADM 196

2016 ADM 195

2018 ADM 193

2020 ADM 203

2022 ADM  227

Overall school district demos( not just high school) for Forsan:

64.5 % White ,  28% Hispanic, 2.9% Asian( wow!,) and  1.7% Black.

Meanwhile Big Spring( I am assuming that is the originating district you speak of is 

52% Hispanic, 28% White, and 13% Black.

I will just say day-uuuum!!!!!  That's just nuts relative to other West Texas schools. Nobody in West Texas is adding on 10% of their students in 2 years, unless it's one of the extremely small schools with 12 kids on average.

Edited by slorch

On 2/3/2022 at 2:37 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Lufkin's in a district with North Mesquite. OK then. 

Yeah the Dallas area schools will protest again.  Every time they add Lufkin to Dallas area schools they protest.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, slorch said:

Longview, Lufkin, and John Tyler have been District mates most of the time throughout the years.

What's so weird about that set up?

Not enough schools in East Texas with high enough enrollment.  Back in the 2000’s it was a 4 team district when Nacogdoches and Marshall dropped to 4A.  If they could add a 5th team in that region they’d make it their own district again.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:46 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

I mean McKinney and not Mesquite.

That they went so far north instead of south. Big diff between Lufkin to Longview and Lufkin to McKinney North. 

Just surprised they didn’t go south. 

Lufkin was South with Conroe schools last couple of rounds

47 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

Happy with the new district for the Rockwall schools but wish we could get Tyler Legacy out of our district.

Tyler needs to balance out the enrollment and get Legacy (fka Lee) down with Tyler/Longview/Lufkin again.  But nobody wants to zone moved out of TL and into Tyler.

I remember when that East Texas district did the double round robin for District play with JT, Lee, Longview and Lufkin.  That was some great football for the fans, but damn it was tough competition.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I remember when that East Texas district did the double round robin for District play with JT, Lee, Longview and Lufkin.  That was some great football for the fans, but damn it was tough competition.

Yep.  IIRC one year Longview and Lufkin split and went undefeated against the Tyler schools but Lee beat John Tyler twice.  Come playoff time the top 3 got to go.  Lee went to Big 5A and won state.  Longview and Lufkin went to the quarter finals and had to play again.  Lufkin won then lost to South Lake in the Semis who won it all.  The next year Lee was hanging their banner and the Longview and Lufkin fans gave them lots of shit.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Yeah, I'm not sure when it all started but have been told ~100 HS kids transfer out of Big Spring to Forsan and another ~100 transfer to Coahoma. So, you've got a HS that should be roughly 1,300 kids now down to about 1,100. That doesn't sound like much for folks in the big metros, but it's a huge transfer of brains and brawn for a town that size.

Edit: Hell, I graduated in 1989 and didn't know a single person who went to either Forsan or Coahoma. Today, apparently, most of the kids in my mom's neighborhood where I grew up (retired teacher) attend Forsan schools from what she's told me. Yes, both FISD and CISD districts cut inside the city limits of BS somewhat, but the transfers out of district really mess things up for Big Spring, my alma mater.

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 1

a reason to drive 3.5 hours for a football game... is all I needed. I will be in touch when we get to the season and see how things shake out.

I was gonna make a "sitting with the old-guy" joke about me, but we're the same age.  LOL

7 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

That’s the same district they were in minis South San And Wagner and add in San Marcos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now we know the real reason they reopened west campus, south san was getting murdered in 6A for years. They did ok in softball & basketball but football just wasn’t working out. So now we have:

SA South San 

SA South San West Campus 

SA Southside

SA Southwest

SA Southwest legacy 

in 2004, they dropped from 2A to 1A, which later became 2A in 2014 when UIL moved six-man up to 1A and other Classifications added an "A."
2012 ADM 189
2014 ADM 196
2016 ADM 195
2018 ADM 193
2020 ADM 203
2022 ADM  227
Overall school district demos( not just high school) for Forsan:
64.5 % White ,  28% Hispanic, 2.9% Asian( wow!,) and  1.7% Black.
Meanwhile Big Spring( I am assuming that is the originating district you speak of is 
52% Hispanic, 28% White, and 13% Black.

I will just say day-uuuum!!!!!  That's just nuts relative to other West Texas schools. Nobody in West Texas is adding on 10% of their students in 2 years, unless it's one of the extremely small schools with 12 kids on average.
Forsan, Coahoma, and Westbrook are all white-flight. Most of Westbrooks roster lives in Colorado City and a few are bussed in from Big Spring.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

They were 5A in 2016/2017.  Made playoffs both years...still haven't won a playoff game since Eisenhower was president.

I know. The facilities suck and they just don't have the machine that a LT or Westlake has in terms of football infrastructure. It is a joke they are 6A as they just cannot compete.

I’ve seen austin high from that highway next to it. Has to be one of the coolest high school settings in the state. It wouldn’t be very austin-y but they should totally clear most of the trees between the football field and the river so you can see the water. Maybe you can already see it anyway but it doesn’t seem like you can. 

Where do they get their kids from? Just whatever rich hippies in tarrytown that have teens? Can’t be many families living in those high rises downtown.

District runs from Tarrytown to Oak Hill, and then eastward covering downtown. I lived in the district and moved out to Westlake when my kids were in 1st/K. The different attitude about football is night and day. At the Austin high feeder elementary there was no mention of Austin High, no spirit days, no mention of football. At the Westlake elementary most Fridays were red or blue days to support the high school team. It is much more like a small Texas town when we went to the games. We saw our principal, multiple teachers, and dozens of my kids friends were there. The Austin high games we went to we didn't know a soul, it was mainly just parents of the team and band, and it was downright morbid in the stands.

The funniest thing about that move was the first day of school for my boys in Westlake they came home at different times but the first words out of their mouth were the same: "We need to sign up for flag football". There is a tremendous peer pressure to play football and be good at it out here. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 2/3/2022 at 11:47 PM, hpslugga said:

It was going to be either us who went there or Skyline since DISD throws a fit whenever we’re paired with their teams.

congratulations on avoiding 6A for how many decades was it?

now we can finally resume the Plano - Highland Park Super Heavyweight Title Fight from the Golden Age of Texas High School Football

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, blacklab said:

District runs from Tarrytown to Oak Hill, and then eastward covering downtown. I lived in the district and moved out to Westlake when my kids were in 1st/K. The different attitude about football is night and day. At the Austin high feeder elementary there was no mention of Austin High, no spirit days, no mention of football. At the Westlake elementary most Fridays were red or blue days to support the high school team. It is much more like a small Texas town when we went to the games. We saw our principal, multiple teachers, and dozens of my kids friends were there. The Austin high games we went to we didn't know a soul, it was mainly just parents of the team and band, and it was downright morbid in the stands.

The funniest thing about that move was the first day of school for my boys in Westlake they came home at different times but the first words out of their mouth were the same: "We need to sign up for flag football". There is a tremendous peer pressure to play football and be good at it out here. 

Westlake today = Plano back in the day

EVERYONE was at the game on Friday night

and EVERYONE was at the playoff games wherever they were to the tune of a minimum away contingent of 10000, sometimes more

and i will never fourget the 4A (at the time highest class) 13-10 win over PNG at Texas Stadium in 1977 with almost 50000 in attendance, and PNG brought 20k of that number

this was the week after the miracle 29-28 comeback win over Highland Park at Texas Stadium.... behind 28-0 at halftime Plano scored the final TD on a 4th and 26 flea flicker with 20ish seconds left, then went for 2 and won....  this was the first of 3 more incredible classic games in a series that needs a 30x30 treatment.

Tom Kimbrough won Plano's 5th state title in his 2nd year but his real innovation (when he was an assistant under the prior coach John Clark) was the installation of the veer option at every middle school (7th/8th grade) and high school (9th/10th grade) in the Plano football pyramid, so by his 7th year, when PESH arrived, he had built a feeder system of 14 middle schools feeding 3 high schools with no minority talent or skill position talent of any kind.  On several occasions Plano dipped down to Vines or Williams High Schools to pull up 10th-grade QBs or DBs for playoff situations due to sudden injuries.

The town was Football, and Football was the town.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

That's a nice little fairy tale that seems to run popular in these parts.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

now we can finally resume the Plano - Highland Park Super Heavyweight Title Fight from the Golden Age of Texas High School Football

How's that?

On 2/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, TrashMaster G said:

image.thumb.png.80f4aa10effc583b2f9ea39ea035b3d2.png

Valley talk for @Helobious and me.  It's really weird to see no McAllen teams in the big school bracket.  Also, the mid-Valley basically has Weslaco hanging out and that's it. This round of classification makes 5A far more competitive than 6A. 

Harlingen, Hanna, Rivera, San Benito, Weslaco has a very old-school feel to it, although outside of Harlingen and San Benito (sometimes Weslaco) the football will be woeful. That upper valley district ain't much better. Actually, all of 6A has a very old-school feel, North, Economedes and Rivera are the only non "Town High" teams (Hanna is the original Brownsville High). And those are schools themselves. Kinda cool, but I wish McHi and Donna were in there for old times' sake. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Valley talk for @Helobious and me.  It's really weird to see no McAllen teams in the big school bracket.  Also, the mid-Valley basically has Weslaco hanging out and that's it. This round of classification makes 5A far more competitive than 6A. 

Harlingen, Hanna, Rivera, San Benito, Weslaco has a very old-school feel to it, although outside of Harlingen and San Benito (sometimes Weslaco) the football will be woeful. That upper valley district ain't much better. Actually, all of 6A has a very old-school feel, North, Economedes and Rivera are the only non "Town High" teams (Hanna is the original Brownsville High). And those are schools themselves. Kinda cool, but I wish McHi and Donna were in there for old times' sake. 

My junior and senior year at Weslaco, our district was LF, San Benito, and the 5 Brownsville schools. It was a weird way to draw the district since they put Harlingen and South in 31-5A with the PSJA/Edinburg

27 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

My junior and senior year at Weslaco, our district was LF, San Benito, and the 5 Brownsville schools. It was a weird way to draw the district since they put Harlingen and South in 31-5A with the PSJA/Edinburg

I remember that district, and I remember in the 2000s when they sent Harlingen, South, and San Benito packing to play in a Corpus Christi district for two years. Having more schools in 5A makes it easier to split it up into east and west valley. 

I agree with Helobius, 5A D1 gives a valley school the best shot in decades to win a R4 title. Vela, McMemorial, McHi, and PSJA North will be capable of doing it, and the biggest roadblock is Coastal Bend and not San Antonio in this reclassification.

I really hate the pre-playoff divisional split in 5A and below. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All those IDEA schools really did a number on enrollment for valley schools. I was surprised to see Vela drop, it seems like that’s a growing area with all that space around Monte Cristo Rd. Then again I’m not really sure if that’s Vela territory. 

Bird Bowl is week 1. I’m glad they’ve always made it a priority to play that game, even when south & Harlingen are in different classes. It’s like the opposite of Tinaco Bowl. 

Corpus Christi ISD continues to bs about population at Vets Memorial. Previous realignment they were 4 students under the 6A minimum. And that was bs. Anyone from CC can tell you that area is the only legitimate growth in the city and the school pop avg a 8% growth.

I can see that the cost involved in having only 1 6a team in the City and surrounding areas would be a huge $ loss. At the same time, the numbers I saw had them 50% bigger than the other City schools and rightfully  dominating. 

TLDR. Corpus sucks at sports.

30 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Corpus Christi ISD continues to bs about population at Vets Memorial. Previous realignment they were 4 students under the 6A minimum. And that was bs. Anyone from CC can tell you that area is the only legitimate growth in the city and the school pop avg a 8% growth.

I can see that the cost involved in having only 1 6a team in the City and surrounding areas would be a huge $ loss. At the same time, the numbers I saw had them 50% bigger than the other City schools and rightfully  dominating. 

TLDR. Corpus sucks at sports.

Coastal bend has some legendary high school baseball. Huge crowds in the playoffs. CC Moody, Calallen, Kingsville, Bishop, Robstown, Sinton, I don’t know that there’s an area in the state where baseball is taken more seriously. 

25 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

I know you like the Valle, so yes baseball is popular. But I believe its been awhile and its been Vets not the old schools.

I did a quick perusal of the alignment, did they separate Harlingen and South?

Sinton made the state tourney last year and has a few D1 players on the team. Their catcher is committed to UT actually. They recruit like mofos though. 

And yes, South was too small for 6A so they’ll be 5A. Happened before in the 2000s when south was 4A & HHS was 5A iirc.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, TrashMaster G said:

image.thumb.png.80f4aa10effc583b2f9ea39ea035b3d2.png

some of these schools in 6A now...  way back in the day remember being in 4A and playing SA Central, Crowley and Weatherford.  hated those trips on the yelladog express bus.

now Brownwood has to travel to the hub city and Andrews for district games.  yuk

District 2 -4A D1

Andrews (237 mi), Big Spring (174 mi), Brownwood, Lubbock Estacado (235 mi), San Angelo Lake View (105)

On 2/6/2022 at 9:34 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

6A has only existed 8 seasons. Highland Park was 6A in 2014-2015.