2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think New Braunfels beating Denton Ryan is bigger

NB hammered them in the second half. Dominated the box score, had more turnovers that Ryan, too. Ryan had two missed PATs they’ll point to, but they’ll probably leave out the 14 and 17 play drives that NB ran down their throats.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

SV looks massively unimpressive so far.

I remember seeing them in the playoffs last season and thinking that I had never seen such an unathletic 6A playoff team.

I wonder what happened to that program? because they had a long run of being arguably the best program in SA.

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I remember seeing them in the playoffs last season and thinking that I had never seen such an unathletic 6A playoff team.

I wonder what happened to that program? because they had a long run of being arguably the best program in SA.

Didn’t the new schools in the Comal  ISD take some of their talent pool?   But yea they not only had some solid football teams, but they were solid in baseball too.  

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

They were the most consistent for sure, always the best coached. Never had the best athletes but had some NFL caliber ones like sendejo & Moehrig-Woodard. They were also recently blessed with a couple great QBs in Levi Williams (Wyoming) and Josh adkins (UTSA). Definitely lacking there since they’ve left. But yeah this year Brennan, Brandeis, Judson, and Steele would all eat their lunch imo.

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Didn’t the new schools in the Comal  ISD take some of their talent pool?   But yea they not only had some solid football teams, but they were solid in baseball too.  

Allegedly all the good athletes stayed to play at SV. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

There has never been much talent at Canyon Lake HS.  Davenport is too new to matter.

Canyon Lake isn’t too bad….   Not to be confused with Canyon High right off I-35 which had that awful eye bleeding red turf when the colored turf thing was a fad.  They’ve been underachieving for years.  

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

There has never been much talent at Canyon Lake HS.  Davenport is too new to matter.

Davenport took from Canyon HS, Pieper Ranch took from SV. 

SV wins 14-13. Star SV transfer receiver Freddie Dubose makes their whole offense go, but he got absolutely murdered by Reagan safety Gio Sessi late in the game. Had to leave due to injury. That Sessi kid can play, think he has an Air Force offer.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Canyon Lake isn’t too bad….   Not to be confused with Canyon High right off I-35 which had that awful eye bleeding red turf when the colored turf thing was a fad.  They’ve been underachieving for years.  

Canyon Lake has massively underachieved in their history -- they've had 1 10-win season in their 12-(or so) year history.   They have always been one of the biggest schools in 4A, yet Wimberley almost always just kicks their ass, in spite of always being significantly smaller and having fewer players.  At least they finally quit scheduling Blanco a couple of years ago.  

They're not usually good in other sports either, but I can't blame hiring bad coaches, because them getting Monzingo right out of the gate was a great hire.   One of their current problems is that fucking ancient offense they run.

Edited by Beau Vine

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Canyon Lake has massively underachieved in their history -- they've had 1 10-win season in their 12-(or so) year history.   They have always been one of the biggest schools in 4A, yet Wimberley almost always just kicks their ass, in spite of always being significantly smaller and having fewer players.  At least they finally quit scheduling Blanco a couple of years ago.  

They're not usually good in other sports either, but I can't blame hiring bad coaches, because them getting Monzingo right out of the gate was a great hire.   One of their current problems is that fucking ancient offense they run.

It actually seems like kind of a tough school to win at. About 40% low income students, not much talent coming through all those trailer parks.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

CH offense wasn't very good last year and the qb somehow ended up at DeSoto this year

Yeah and he’s playing WR there. It’s hard for Duncanville, DeSoto, and Cedar Hill to all be juggernauts at the same time, and it’s not hard to figure out why.

I was surprised by Aledo losing to Parish!! Is Parish that good or Aledo not as good as they usually are?? 

Little bit of both. Parish was TAAPS D1 Champs last year and probably better than Aledo. Aledo has another tough one Friday at home against Denton Guyer.

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Awaiting the MILF report.    

Well, the new California moms are beautiful, for sure, but they’re a little too pristine and put-together for my sensibilities. Teslas, $400 jeans, and spotless shoes. I prefer the drunk, hot Texas moms who start partying around 3pm and saunter into the stadium half-crocked. 

23 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Well, the new California moms are beautiful, for sure, but they’re a little too pristine and put-together for my sensibilities. Teslas, $400 jeans, and spotless shoes. I prefer the drunk, hot Texas moms who start partying around 3pm and saunter into the stadium half-crocked. 

Well, those descriptions have become a special kind of camo here in ATX.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Pristine= Botox and Saline. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I prefer the drunk, hot Texas moms who start partying around 3pm and saunter into the stadium half-crocked. 

You should frequent the mall bars around the Bee Cave Galleria. Plenty of fresh LT divorcees hopped up on pills and box wine.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Scholz said:

You should frequent the mall bars around the Bee Cave Galleria. Plenty of fresh LT divorcees hopped up on pills and box wine.

LOL. Yes, I live on Bee Caves Rd and am quite familiar w the species and their mating habits. One of my single friends contends that the most aggressive cougars can be spotted in their natural habitat at the bar at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse. The apartments next to the Galleria are stocked full of sad-faced dads who recently divorced and thought life would get fun again but are realizing that trying to date on Friday nights and then attend their kid’s Saturday 8am soccer games kinda sucks. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Scholz said:

42 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

LOL. Yes, I live on Bee Caves Rd and am quite familiar w the species and their mating habits. One of my single friends contends that the most aggressive cougars can be spotted in their natural habitat at the bar at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse. The apartments next to the Galleria are stocked full of sad-faced dads who recently divorced and thought life would get fun again but are realizing that trying to date on Friday nights and then attend their kid’s Saturday 8am soccer games kinda sucks. 

Y'all keep going,  I'm taking notes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

TreatyOak:  LOL. Yes, I live on Bee Caves Rd and am quite familiar w the species and their mating habits. One of my single friends contends that the most aggressive cougars can be spotted in their natural habitat at the bar at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse. The apartments next to the Galleria are stocked full of sad-faced dads who recently divorced and thought life would get fun again but are realizing that trying to date on Friday nights and then attend their kid’s Saturday 8am soccer games kinda sucks. 

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Judson with some shittarded coaching & special teams there at the end to give Johnson life. 43-43 headed to OT. 

I’ve talked about him before but Johnson sophomore QB Ty Hawkins is going to be a bonafide star. Will be interesting to see if baseball or football takes him further.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Judson with some shittarded coaching & special teams there at the end to give Johnson life. 43-43 headed to OT. 

I’ve talked about him before but Johnson sophomore QB Ty Hawkins is going to be a bonafide star. Will be interesting to see if baseball or football takes him further.

Kid's got onions for sure.  That dive across the goal line on the 2 point conversion was special.

Judson beats Johnson 46-43 in OT. Hawkins and his 460 total yards not enough.

Judson has athletes out the ass again, but we’ll see if they can put it all together. They move the ball better with Castillo at QB so I bet he starts going forward. RB Stanley is a baller, as is OU commit Evans at WR and Bowens on the DL.

Anybody got a link for Duncanville / SOC that doesn't require an account with some computer AIDS infested bullshit site?

Just now, Helobious said:

Judson beats Johnson 46-43 in OT. Hawkins and his 460 total yards not enough.

Judson has athletes out the ass again, but we’ll see if they can put it all together. They move the ball better with Castillo at QB so I bet he starts going forward. RB Stanley is a baller, as is OU commit Evans at WR and Bowens on the DL.

Miles Davis in the secondary with a couple of picks seems pretty good as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Anybody got a link for Duncanville / SOC that doesn't require an account with some computer AIDS infested bullshit site?

Miles Davis in the secondary with a couple of picks seems pretty good as well.

Yeah he was all over the place. I thought the commentators were joking but his name actually is Miles Davis.