Sweet 16

Wally Pryor

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

I give a fuck.  I would have rather been watching texas this weekend than not.

You can watch A Texas Longhorns team in the Sweet 16 tonight.  Beard thinks they have a chance to cut down the nets in Minneapolis. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Cougs have as good a shot as anyone at this point and a better shot than most of the remaining field. They have some seriously underrated players and a coach that will get their best effort from them every game.

What is that for tomorrow, KenPom's #9 adjusted offense (Villanova) versus #10 adjusted defense (Houston)? 

That'll be a fun game. 

30 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

UH now odds on favorite to win it all. Who's to argue - they're playing the best ball in the tournament and strangling other teams while at it. 

This tourney is so unpredictable.  They could easily lose to Nova tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

UH now odds on favorite to win it all. Who's to argue - they're playing the best ball in the tournament and strangling other teams while at it. 

Eh.  I mean they are playing well but past the first round they played a few teams that showed some cracks in their run (Illinois with a one point win over Chattanooga and Arizona needing OT and a little help to beat TCU). I think they are very good but wouldn't overestimate them in their journey.  They are only halfway there.   

57 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What is that for tomorrow, KenPom's #9 adjusted offense (Villanova) versus #10 adjusted defense (Houston)? 

That'll be a fun game. 

Usually, but not always, the better defensive team pulls off the W unless there is a complete mismatch.  This isn't a complete mismatch so edge to the Cougs since they also have home court advantage.

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Usually, but not always, the better defensive team pulls off the W unless there is a complete mismatch.  This isn't a complete mismatch so edge to the Cougs since they also have home court advantage.

The #2 offense just beat the #1 defense last night so who knows.  It should be a very fun game regardless

11 hours ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  Dude has more fight and class in that raised finger than most folks on this board.

I respect him.  I love him.  I'm glad he's our coach.

Wreck em!!!

I like him a lot. Hell of a coach and a lesbian. 

10 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

a Duke UNC final four matchup looks likely.   On the other side - Nova vs. Kansas but would love to see Houston upset them. 

all these teams from the south have the athletes but lack a big man to dominate the middle and the boards. Whatever happened to the bigs of old,  6'10+?

UNC isn’t beating Purdue. 

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That's Sampson's game plan as well.

Houston has very little chance against Nova. A puncher’s chance but that’s it. Nova is the best team in the country. 

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Houston has very little chance against Nova. A puncher’s chance but that’s it. Nova is the best team in the country. 

I don't think there is a "best team in the country" this year.  a lot of people actually thought it was AZ.  Houston has way more than a punchers chance.

Shaka beat Nova twice. 

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I don't think there is a "best team in the country" this year.  a lot of people actually thought it was AZ.  Houston has way more than a punchers chance.

Shaka beat Nova twice. 

Arizona is talented and probably moreso than Nova. Zona also should’ve lost to TCU in the second round. Like, they should’ve lost in regulation. Nova is the smartest, best coached team in the tournament. I don’t give a fuck what Marquette did to them weeks ago. They will win this game, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it were by double digits. 

26 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Nova is the smartest, best coached team in the tournament. 

Agree on the offensive end especially. Everything is in sync for them - the continuity, sets, ball movement, etc. Most teams are having to work for shots at this stage. Nova's shots seem to be coming seamlessly and it's not a matter of if, but how deep it is into the possession. 

Sampson is coaching as well as anyone right now.  UH is hitting on all cylinders. Just laid waste to a paper tiger last night. 

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Agree on the offensive end especially. Everything is in sync for them - the continuity, sets, ball movement, etc. Most teams are having to work for shots at this stage. Nova's shots seem to be coming seamlessly and it's not a matter of if, but how deep it is into the possession. 

Sampson is coaching as well as anyone right now.  UH is hitting on all cylinders. Just laid waste to a paper tiger last night. 

Jay Wright coaches pretty beautiful offense. 

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

A paper tiger that should’ve lost in the second round. Sampson isn’t the coach Wright is. He’s the best coach in America and has been for some time. This won’t be a contest. 

57 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Funny. St. Peters has zero chance against Purdue. Largest point spread in Sweet 16 by far. 

Yeah I don't give them much of a shot at all. Like FGCU in 2013, the Sweet 16 is where their season should end. But I would love to see that dorky Lurch mf at Purdue lose tonight to the 15 seed. St Peter's needs to play no holds barred. Absolutely no time to be conservative or play tight. Throw the kitchen sink at them and then more. But I think the size of Purdue will be too much. 

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz.

Will you get Sampson’s cock out of your mouth to ask him why he’s no longer wearing denim button downs with double pockets?

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

A paper tiger that should’ve lost in the second round. Sampson isn’t the coach Wright is. He’s the best coach in America and has been for some time. This won’t be a contest. 

Wright's a very good coach. One of the best in the business.  As far as the tournament goes, Sampson has coached as well as anyone. It's borderline nauseating to say that because he's unbridled scum . But it is the case. 

I'd head straight to a book. There's nothing like getting points when the game's not going to be close. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I don't know about that, they've only lost two games by double digits which were to  Memphis whom seemed to have their number for whatever reason during the regular season. UH demolished them in the conference tourney. Crooked Kelvin is taking that team back to the Final 4, I'm a little envious of the recent success of their basketball program.

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Wright's a very good coach. One of the best in the business.  As far as the tournament goes, Sampson has coached as well as anyone. It's borderline nauseating to say that because he's unbridled scum . But it is the case. 

I'd head straight to a book. There's nothing like getting points when the game's not going to be close. 

Sampson has 2 FF appearances where he’s 0-2. He’s not some world beater in the tournament but people here are treating him like that, just because he’s better than our best coach ever. Wright has two titles. There’s no comparison. 

9 minutes ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Basketball is a lot of fun when you have the best coach in the country.  Salty  Duke Tears up next 

Duke will expose you for the toothless, sister-fucking frauds that you know you are, until your nice little inevitable Omahogs rollercoaster. 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I disagree but regardless if Gillespie is hurt again (he injured his knee again late in the last game) they’re especially done  

I thought he got up and was fine.

You'd probably have to cut his leg off to prevent him from playing.

14 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Duke will expose you for the toothless, sister-fucking frauds that you know you are, until your nice little inevitable Omahogs rollercoaster. 

Sankey, expedite UT’s inclusion into the SEC ASAP.  This guy here thinks we’re the toothless ones in the conference.  

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

We are all Peacocks tonight, right?  
I’m going to be pissed if they get to hang and bang with their circus freak after we had 749 fouls called against us. 

Pretty sure porterhouse will be supporting Purdue to keep his current streak of shitheadedness alive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1