Sweet 16

Wally Pryor

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Oh look. Another year of Gonzaga being overrated in their shit ass conference

exactly.  So tired of their hype and probably won't see them this deep ever again.  They're really unathletic, no spring, no explosiveness.  Timme is easily their best, better than overhyped Chet who has wilted in the big time.  God help the idiot who drafts him top 10.  Timme is projected mid first with his YMCA game and Chet should go much later. NBA teams need to do serious research and not buy media hype when committing to a top 10 pick.  Draft a multitude of Euros before taking either of these chumps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Fuck that. Gonzaga crushed some people this season. Crushed them. A dunk with one second remaining is not like they beat them 92-50, or 107-54, or 94-49, or any other completely lopsided victory Gonzaga has this, and every season.

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t classless. 

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Timme is projected mid first with his YMCA game

No he isn't. Quit posting. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Chet had 11/14 and 2 blocks, by the way. Yeah - real disappearing act. 

exactly.  So tired of their hype and probably won't see them this deep ever again.  They're really unathletic, no spring, no explosiveness.  Timme is easily their best, better than overhyped Chet who has wilted in the big time.  God help the idiot who drafts him top 10.  Timme is projected mid first with his YMCA game and Chet should go much later. NBA teams need to do serious research and not buy media hype when committing to a top 10 pick.  Draft a multitude of Euros before taking either of these chumps. 
Preach. They aren't bad but overrated for damn sure. They did not look good any this tournament and it was only a matter of time before they got exposed.

You are sure right. They are stiff as hell. Arkansas is extremely athletic and outclassed them.

Not the biggest fan of coaches jumping around like they won the championship after every win. Act like you’ve been there. Not a fan of dunking at the end of games either but that’s just me.
Meh. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Would Texas fans care if their coach jumped around after winning a tournament game? Not at all. I never understood why so many think coaches can't get excited. Getting to the Elite 8 is a big deal.
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t classless. 

Stop.

Dude didn't showboat.  He made the most makeable shot and technically his team needed it, however improbable the comeback might have been.

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The last minute of close games in college basketball are unwatchable, much like football reviews. Challenges need to be initiated by coaches only in both sports. This review everything is making the officiating worse.

agree with your first sentence.  The notion that coaches are gonna exercise more discretion than the officials is laughable.  They aren't going to sit there and just trust a close call because it's gentlemanly or some shit.

18 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I disagree. They were beaten. 

Arkansas made 5 more baskets. Gonzaga only out rebounded them by 3, 45:42. Arky had more assists, more blocks, all while Gonzaga made six more FTs.

They were loose with the ball, took a bunch of bad shots, and generally looked out of sync to me. They had a ton of unforced turnovers too.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Arky but that was not Gonzaga's A game. 

3 minutes ago, Felix said:

They were loose with the ball, took a bunch of bad shots, and generally looked out of sync to me. They had a ton of unforced turnovers too.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Arky but that was not Gonzaga's A game. 

But yet, you are taking something away from them.

Gonzaga's A Games this year were, for the most part, against lesser competition. St. Mary's got them at the end of the regular season. They are way more athletic than Gonzaga. They shot the ball at a higher percentage. They shot 3s at a higher percentage. Those turnovers for Gonzaga did not happen in a vacuum. Arkansas had a lot to do with that. 

It was like last year against Baylor in the title game. Everything that Gonzaga did well during the entire season, Baylor did better.

I'm not an Arkansas fan, by any stretch but, they just flat out beat Gonzaga tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

But yet, you are taking something away from them.

Gonzaga's A Games this year were, for the most part, against lesser competition. St. Mary's got them at the end of the regular season. They are way more athletic than Gonzaga. They shot the ball at a higher percentage. They shot 3s at a higher percentage. Those turnovers for Gonzaga did not happen in a vacuum. Arkansas had a lot to do with that. 

It was like last year against Baylor in the title game. Everything that Gonzaga did well during the entire season, Baylor did better.

I'm not an Arkansas fan, by any stretch but, they just flat out beat Gonzaga tonight. 

Let's just say I've seen them play better games against better teams. 

Arkansas certainly won the game but that doesn't mean Gonzaga played well. Frankly I didn't think the Hogs played that well either but they did more for sure. 

Would have been interesting to see if things had gone differently if Holmgren had been allowed to play his usual minutes.