2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

20 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I realize he’s no burner, but Vazquez has to take the chance once he sees the fielder going to second.   

Absofuckinlutely. That was terrible. 

Even if he was dead man running, he has to force their defense to make that play and if they throw home and he's out by a mile, stay in a run down at least. Him standing on third through all of that was stupid.

Edited by Gourmand

I hate extra innings.  Astros always play extras with 0 strategy---relying on hope.

This game sucked ass, after all the luck ass opportunities to win the damn thing.

When the hell does a team lose in extra innings after giving up 4 hits all game?

It was stupid not to send Dubon to second before that double play.  You have to steal the base.

0 strategy.

At least the Yankees lost.

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I hate extra innings.  Astros always play extras with 0 strategy---relying on hope.

This game sucked ass, after all the luck ass opportunities to win the damn thing.

When the hell does a team lose in extra innings after giving up 4 hits all game?

It was stupid not to send Dubon to second before that double play.  You have to steal the base.

0 strategy.

At least the Yankees lost.

get a fucking hit, what other strategy are we missing here ?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Productive outs.  Moving the runner over station to station without bs swings for the fences by every batter.

And in situations where we have runners on 1st and 3rd, steal the damn bag at second to prevent a potential double play while giving yourself a chance to score two runs with a base hit.

Edited by Shaggy3.0

Of course the mlb.com headline is about Ohtani's gem leading the Angels to victory.  Never mind Garcia matched or exceeded him.

I'll focus on the positive that Garcia pulled his head out of his ass.  Now if our bats would do the same that would be cool.  Since the 21 runs against CWS we're scoring a full run per game below the season average.  If Yordan gets his hand healed up that should take care of a lot of it.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dusty needs to call the home run play more often.