2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Thug pieces of shit.  Glad their last home game was a big fat hairy steaming pile of 'L'.

This will cleanse the palette, I’ve only made it thru 5 mins but the dejectedness and butthurt combined with shitting on their team is glorious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You realize Bregman got a hit that worst case moves McCann to third base.  Then we had prime, nut-dragging Altuve up next.

It's not like we had zero chance if Fisher didn't score on Bregman's hit.

Sure. And there were two outs. So who knows what happens. Go find me the last time the 13th best pitcher mattered. 
we went 18 inning and didn’t even use everyone this year. 

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Thug pieces of shit.  Glad their last home game was a big fat hairy steaming pile of 'L'.

Postgame houston reporters interviewed Astro fans at the game. Hispanic (bilingual) lady said she was cheering in Spanish and fans were calling her names and chanting the "speak english" shit to her. No class. Retard fanbase. 

• Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Postgame houston reporters interviewed Astro fans at the game. Hispanic (bilingual) lady said she was cheering in Spanish and fans were calling her names and chanting the "speak english" shit to her. No class. Retard fanbase. 

I definitely did not have that experience in LA in ‘17.  

We're all going to be amped

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. And there were two outs. So who knows what happens. Go find me the last time the 13th best pitcher mattered. 
we went 18 inning and didn’t even use everyone this year. 

2018 World Series, Game 3.  Dodgers used nine pitchers and Kershaw as a DH.  Add the three other starters that didn't play and there's your 13.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It was fucking awesome.  That's the most excited Ford and Sparks have been the entire postseason including Yordan's walkoff in the very first game.

I heard it live as well....fucking awesome. I didn't have it in me to watch that inning on the telecast and good things seemed to be happening on my drive home listening to the 740 KTRH bat signal so I stayed in the car and listened to the bottom of the 9th with Ford/Sparks and my seat reclined all the way back. Deeeep breaths. 

Man, what a stressful game that was.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

how many did we leave on base?

Seven

Just now, elfenix said:

they had to open up five more sections down the 1st base line and call more concession workers in for that big concession stand behind the 1st base dugout.  probably 18,000 people there.

That would have been the 3rd largest crowd of the season at Oakland-Alameda (probably).

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

what a fucking game ! 

Maybe I'm drunk but what does this mean? Wouldn't the batter's team need to be behind for them to be able to tie? How did any of the Astros after we took a 3-1 lead "have a shot to at least tie the game"?

Edited by VivaNaranja

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Ser Davos Jon Snow GIF by BuzzFeed

Only 7.

And not even comparable in the "we gave this game away" department.

Fact: The Astros have outplayed Philly throughout this series and if JV makes an easy catch for an inning-ending double play, the Astros would have been dogpiling on Philly's field in front of their invincible fans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

if JV makes an easy catch for an inning-ending double play, the Astros would have been dogpiling on Philly's field in front of their invincible fans

And if the Phillies get the out at first, we're heading back to Houston down a game.

But that's not what happened. They took one from us, we took one from them. The other three games weren't ever really in doubt.

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I agree, which is why I never said that.

Ok I'm too lazy to go look but someone upthread was comparing this game to gm 1 as a game we stole from them and that's just wrong. 

Stros have owned this series imo and outplayed Philly but for one shitty game by LMJ tipping his pitches. 

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And if the Phillies get the out at first, we're heading back to Houston down a game.

But that's not what happened. They took one from us, we took one from them. The other three games weren't ever really in doubt.

Disagree completely, we've been dictating everything the entire series. They never had gm 5 in the bag the way we had gm 1.