2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

And very clutch in others 

Chad was passive earlier on the Tucker catch and that motivated him even more to make his incredible catch.  He may not have made that catch without his earlier incident with Tucker.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Need 7 from Framber Saturday and then Abreu in the 8th and Presley in the 9th. Avoid Montero. 

Gotta wonder if they go back to Stanek in place of Montero?

But yeah, 7 from Framber and cut out both would be ideal 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I want to hear the radio call on Chas's catch.

It was excellent

yall really should sync up the audio stream even if it means being a pitch or two delayed

so worth it 

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I'm hoping it doesn't come to this but if he is hurt do we get to replace him on the roster with like a Yanier Diaz?

Sounds crazy but I'd play someone who hasn't had many at bats all series. Looks like all our DHs are lost out there.

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I'm hoping it doesn't come to this but if he is hurt do we get to replace him on the roster with like a Yanier Diaz?

Personally I’d go with a 3rd catcher so that I could actually DH vasquez and still have that emergency option in case of emergency. 
I also wouldn’t mind getting rid of Smith (too bad he tripped walking down the tarmac headed home). Guess we need the replacement there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Personally I’d go with a 3rd catcher so that I could actually DH vasquez and still have that emergency option in case of emergency. 
I also wouldn’t mind getting rid of Smith (too bad he tripped walking down the tarmac headed home). Guess we need the replacement there. 

I’m shocked that Wulaw would suggest a 3rd catcher.  Shocked!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

SHUT PHILLY FAN UP. Enjoy that huge  HUGE victory over the Texans. Their fans were yapping it up at NRG. We gladly trade a fucking Texans loss for an Astros win. 

HTOWN PRIDE. 

jokes on them, we want the Texans to lose every game so they can draft a quarterback

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I’m shocked that Wulaw would suggest a 3rd catcher.  Shocked!

I mean, everyone in the world is suggesting we DH Vasquez and the reason we can’t is???? No 3rd catcher. We couldn’t have PR Fisher and might not have won game 5 in 2017 without the 3rd catcher. You don’t need 13 pitchers to win 4 out of 7, but you might need the 3rd catcher as insurance so you can get more aggro with your catcher bench moves. JL knew what was up. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, everyone in the world is suggesting we DH Vasquez and the reason we can’t is???? Non3rd catcher. We couldn’t have PR Fisher and might not have won game 5 in 2017 without the 3rd catcher. You don’t need 13 pitchers to win 4 out of 7, but you might need the 3rd catcher as insurance so you can get more aggro with your credit bench moves. JL knew what was up. 

The only reason that we had a 3rd catcher in 2017 is that Gattis was our primary DH.   Granted, all of our DH options have suh-hucked this postseason, so yeah, let’s mix it up and make the Güero our DH.   

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, everyone in the world is suggesting we DH Vasquez and the reason we can’t is???? No 3rd catcher. We couldn’t have PR Fisher and might not have won game 5 in 2017 without the 3rd catcher. You don’t need 13 pitchers to win 4 out of 7, but you might need the 3rd catcher as insurance so you can get more aggro with your catcher bench moves. JL knew what was up. 

Especially since Hunter Brown and Will Smith apparently upset Baker and haven't pitched to a single batter in the WS.

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You always bring up the one time a 3rd catcher came in handy in the history of postseason baseball.  And btw, the third catcher technically never came into the game even then.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

You always bring up the one time a 3rd catcher came in handy in the history of postseason baseball.  And btw, the third catcher technically never came into the game even then.

Right. But they couldn’t have made the substitution without the 3rd catcher existing. 
Will Smith has a 0.0% chance of affecting the series. The lack of third catcher makes them not use Vasquez as agressively as they otherwise would. 13 pitchers in a 7 game series with 2 off days is dumb. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Right. But they couldn’t have made the substitution without the 3rd catcher existing. 
Will Smith has a 0.0% chance of affecting the series. The lack of third catcher makes them not use Vasquez as agressively as they otherwise would. 13 pitchers in a 7 game series with 2 off days is dumb. 

You realize Bregman got a hit that worst case moves McCann to third base.  Then we had prime, nut-dragging Altuve up next.

It's not like we had zero chance if Fisher didn't score on Bregman's hit.