Global Spring?

Immaculate Vibes

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

To be expected, but shit. 

These assholes get $6 billion from the US for food and medicine for their people, but, we all know it really has gone towards terrorism, and they freely admit they are behind this attack. Makes me sick as an American.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

LOL. Let me guess you don’t have experience in dealing with Arabs or doing business in the Middle East in general. Arab countries are always on the top of the list when it comes to the most corrupt countries in the world. They don’t value transparency, good government, rights of women, rule of law and on and on and is a reason why every Arab country is a shithole that none of us would want to live in.

Arguing that everyone from a region is the worst qualities of that region and it's governments is basically the definition of racism. But then again, you're the dude who wanted to shoot immigrants at the border, so it tracks that you think this way. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Arguing that everyone from a region is the worst qualities of that region and it's governments is basically the definition of racism. But then again, you're the dude who wanted to shoot immigrants at the border, so it tracks that you think this way. 

That was Icono….not me. The values of of a culture matters and is clearly evident here. Culture of death that values martyrdom over life.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

How did they manage to sneak all those missiles into Palestine?  Israel's gotta outright invade them now, right?

A shit-ton of them are basement and garage made.  They’re pretty low-tech and that’s why Iron Dome work and why you see crazy numbers like 2000 launched in a few hours. 

• Hook 'Em 2

"Israel has a right to defend itself and its people - full stop," he said. "Let me say this as clearly as I can. This is not a moment for any party hostile to Israel to exploit these attacks to seek advantage. The world is watching."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-ready-offer-israel-support-after-attacks-biden-2023-10-07/

Basically no limits from Biden.

US planes have already engaged Iran military that was in the area. This could escalate quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, wackawacka said:

They kidnapped an Israeli woman. They killed the German, stripped her corpse, and drove it around for people to spit on and celebrate. . 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

It’s newsworthy and belongs on the Daily Texan thread. Tried to spoiler tag it but didn’t work.

We already knew about the girl you dumb bitch, we didn't need you to post the fucking video. You just wanted to post gore, fuck off. What the fuck is broken in your brain?

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Iran, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia all blame Israel.

All three are very friendly with the Russians.

Iran just hosted a conference with Hamas in the past week or two.

Bets on whether some Russians were there?

Neither the Qataris or the Saudis are going to side with Israel over the Palestinians. I'm sure Iran and their proxies were heavily involved. Israel has been pretty neutral on Ukraine/Russia. I'm not sure how Russia would benefit.

19 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Neither the Qataris or the Saudis are going to side with Israel over the Palestinians. I'm sure Iran and their proxies were heavily involved. Israel has been pretty neutral on Ukraine/Russia. I'm not sure how Russia would benefit.

Any global distraction is a benefit to Russia

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Russia likes the distraction and there’s going to be a lot of cheering because Israel is seen as close to the United States but I don’t see their hand here.  They don’t really have the infrastructure there specifically to actually control this thing. 

The deal to remember about Russia is that they are toxic and the only people who will really admit to being friends with them are also shiteaters, so you’re gonna see some dotted lines anytime you see awful things happening.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Any global distraction is a benefit to Russia

I get that logic from Russia but not like we are low on munitions and clearly can fight wars on multiple fronts. 

I don't get Hamas plan as there is already talk about does Gaza even exist after all this is resolved.

Edited by wackawacka

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

There was talk about the US buying Iron Dome for Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Desperation for Hamas. Hamas and Iran both wanted to scuttle the Saudis normalizing relations with Israel.

My only issue/hang-up is the Saudis coming out quickly and blaming Israel.  They should have kept their mouths shut or gone the "thoughts and prayers" route, but instead they put this out, and I don't know why Israel would normalize relations with them after this.  This is a "we kept warning you and you wouldn't listen so it's your fault" message.

F71gj3wW4AErnUe?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I'm as much of a libtard as it gets, but after what I've seen today fucking level the city and destroy these fucks. 

Lots of innocents will get killed, and then you've just A) proven what Hamas claims and B) The families of those affected will provide future foot soldiers for Hamas.

They should just start eliminating Hamas members left and right, and everybody needs to have a long fucking talk about Iran, assuming Iran had a part (and it sure as hell feels like it given the meeting with Hamas last week).  

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lots of innocents will get killed, and then you've just A) proven what Hamas claims and B) The families of those affected will provide future foot soldiers for Hamas.

They should just start eliminating Hamas members left and right, and everybody needs to have a long fucking talk about Iran, assuming Iran had a part (and it sure as hell feels like it given the meeting with Hamas last week).  

I mean, I'm all for wiping Iran off the map at this point. It's not ideal, or good, or anything close to moral. But it is what it is. There has to be some sort of limit to the depravity that a group of humans is willing to inflict on another. If Russia didn't have nukes, we (hopefully) would've wiped them off the face of the earth at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The issue is that Hamas has and is going to use the general population as shields. It’s a brutal choice for Israel as to trying root out Hamas is either going to amount to genocide via leveling the city, going door to door in brutal combat, and creating a massive refugee crisis in which the other Arab states will be hesitant to take on the refugees (though they should send them to Qatar based on their funding of Hamas and terrorism).

We’ll see how Israel does it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

The issue is that Hamas has and is going to use the general population as shields. It’s a brutal choice for Israel as to trying root out Hamas is either going to amount to genocide via leveling the city, going door to door in brutal combat, and creating a massive refugee crisis in which the other Arab states will be hesitant to take on the refugees (though they should send them to Qatar based on their funding of Hamas and terrorism).

We’ll see how Israel does it. 

munich_film_movies_1280x800_hd-wallpaper-8758.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

Holy shit so they basically stormed this festival and mowed everyone down. Wild. 

Yeah….that’s going to create some problems for Hamas. Slaughtering unarmed civilians of multiple western states…will draw attention. And not the good kind.

We are not a great species. In spite of two previous examples showing the experience to be a massive net negative, we’re doing all we can to have a WWIII. Brilliant.

Also, we have good friends whose daughter was at a kibbutz, got word today that she was safely evacuated we’ll clear of Gaza. So, a tiny bit of good news.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Obligatory reminder that bad-faith actors exist on the internet and not everything on social media is real with respect to some of the atrocities that are being broadcast online

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/misinformation-israel-hamas-spreading-social-media-rcna119345

I'm not saying that everything is fake, but just be aware that there's fiction mixed in with the very real tragedies and atrocities 

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not saying that everything is fake, but just be aware that there's fiction mixed in with the very real tragedies and atrocities 

I’ve already seen one idiot claiming a Hamas terrorist shot down an Israeli helicopter.  He fired three missiles out of the same shoulder launcher within seconds.  Arma can look pretty real to those without much knowledge about such systems.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve already seen one idiot claiming a Hamas terrorist shot down an Israeli helicopter.  He fired three missiles out of the same shoulder launcher within seconds.  Arma can look pretty real to those without much knowledge about such systems.  

Yeah same thing happened with the "Ghost of Kiev" combat footage that was actually DCS World

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I mean, I'm all for wiping Iran off the map at this point. It's not ideal, or good, or anything close to moral. But it is what it is. There has to be some sort of limit to the depravity that a group of humans is willing to inflict on another. If Russia didn't have nukes, we (hopefully) would've wiped them off the face of the earth at this point. 

What about the depravity that Israel constantly inflicts on Palestinians. Doesn't move the needle for you, does it? Can't imagine why.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2