NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, pretty much. Won't be a sweep, but I think Memphis is the tougher matchup being the #1 offensive rebounding team in the like. They're deep and physical.

You're honestly gonna sit there and tell me that you think D'Angelo and KAT are going to punk a healthy Steph, Klay, and Dray in a playoff series? C'mon man.

Minny is a worse match up for you. I'm not sure how you can't see that. It's fucking obvious. Memphis has HCA. Neither is going to be a walk in the park. I have you taking either series regardless.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

you gotta double team Ja there. you just have to. 

They gambled trying to get the steal on the inbounds play. Way too risky to go for that steal and then allow Ja to get behind you going to the basket. Another choke job for Minnesota. 

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’s what we do best.

Refs suck ass. I’m sure Taylor Jenkins thought it was a well reffed game

Y'all got the series-extension deluxe. You still should have won. A lot of folks thought MEM got the short end in game 4. It's the NBA. Gotta play the game. 

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The thing is, Memphis has gotten the calls and Fts 4 out of 5 games. The 1 time they didn’t and their coach cried at the presser.

I don't know if I'd say that. Maybe you're right. Memphis clearly got a different whistle tonight. I didn't watch much of game 4. Didn't think the other 3 swung much either way. 

Like I said - it's the NBA. You have to be good enough to overcome it. Ant just wasn't good enough tonight. 

Edited by ztejas

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Minny is a worse match up for you. I'm not sure how you can't see that. It's fucking obvious. Memphis has HCA. Neither is going to be a walk in the park. I have you taking either series regardless.

Yeah, young, dumb teams with a soft big man who play mediocre defense and have a penchant for blowing big leads would definitely be my pick for the team more likely to topple a bunch of battle-tested vets.

You're insane, man. They'll have their time. It's not now, even if they can shake off another meltdown.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Pretty good against shitty, injured teams. It’s like fucking a fat chick, and then claiming people want to fuck you. In reality, no one cares. 

You were bagging him during game 4. Ja does a lot of dumb shit every game that makes his team worse. He does slightly more shit that makes his team better. He plays like AI or prime Westbrook. I'm not sure why everyone gets so offended at the suggestion that his team does multiple things more effectively when he isn't on the floor. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, young, dumb teams with a soft big man who play mediocre defense and have a penchant for blowing big leads would definitely be my pick for the team more likely to topple a bunch of battle-tested vets.

You're insane, man. They'll have their time. It's not now, even if they can shake off another meltdown.

I'm not talking about Vegas series-prices match ups. I'm talking about position by position issues that another team can cause you. 

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear on this. What I'm trying to tell you is that Minny on paper, by position, presents more problems than Memphis does. That doesn't mean I think they are more likely to beat you. Again - for the billionth fucking time - I have you advancing either way. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You were bagging him during game 4. Ja does a lot of dumb shit every game that makes his team worse. He does slightly more shit that makes his team better. He plays like AI or prime Westbrook. I'm not sure why everyone gets so offended at the suggestion that his team does multiple things more effectively when he isn't on the floor. 

Dude, delete this shit. Westbrook? Sit yourself in timeout. 

2 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I'm sorry but Ja is a far superior player than Russ ever thought about being. His jumper isn't broke, his handle is just as tight, he is more clutch, and he is not a complete liability on defense.

Ja is terrible on D. And he's a step below peak Westbrook still in my book. I know shitting on Westbrook is fun but it's gone a bit too far to where people forget how good he was from 2012-2016. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Ja is terrible on D. And he's a step below peak Westbrook still in my book. I know shitting on Westbrook is fun but it's gone a bit too far to where people forget how good he was from 2012-2016. 

If it fun being this wrong and doubling down? It's like you can't see the games or something.

Edited by Llogg

I'm not talking about Vegas series-prices match ups. I'm talking about position by position issues that another team can cause you. 

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear on this. What I'm trying to tell you is that Minny on paper, by position, presents more problems than Memphis does. That doesn't mean I think they are more likely to beat you. Again - for the billionth fucking time - I have you advancing either way. 

So Minnesota causes more issues position by position than Memphis, but you still think Memphis would have the better chance of the two to pull off an upset. But Minnesota is still the worse matchup. Got it, thanks. That's about as clear as mud.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

If it fun being this wrong and doubling down? It's like you can't see the games or something.

I'm guessing I watched Russ play more games when Durant was there than any of you did. Ultimately he wasn't the winning type of player that Durant needed next to him but throwing his career away because he's turned into a joke is silly. At his peak he was better than Ja is right now. I'm not even sure how that's controversial.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So Minnesota causes more issues position by position than Memphis, but you still think Memphis would have the better chance of the two to pull off an upset. But Minnesota is still the worse matchup. Got it, thanks. That's about as clear as mud.

Username checks out. Memphis has HCA over you, sweetheart. They also play better together as a team and are more disciplined. This really isn't a difficult concept. 

I'm guessing I watched Russ play more games when Durant was there than any of you did. Ultimately he wasn't the winning type of player that Durant needed next to him but throwing his career away because he's turned into a joke is silly. At his peak he was better than Ja is right now. I'm not even sure how that's controversial.

It's not controversial. It's wrong 

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

It's not controversial. It's wrong 

You can disagree with me. You can't dismiss Westbrook's entire career. KD didn't do all of that damage in the playoffs by himself. Russ was a top 10 player for 4 or 5 years. Dude was fucking electric. I know it's easy to forget but he had some moments, man. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Username checks out. Memphis has HCA over you, sweetheart. They also play better together as a team and are more disciplined. This really isn't a difficult concept. 

Right. Exactly. So Memphis is indeed the tougher matchup because they're a better basketball team than Minny, despite whatever perceived matchup nightmares you seem to believe Minnesota possesses. Glad we're on the same page.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Right. Exactly. So Memphis is indeed the tougher matchup because they're a better basketball team than Minny, despite whatever perceived matchup nightmares you seem to believe Minnesota possesses. Glad we're on the same page.

Good fucking Christ you are dense. Not a surprise as you are an aggy and a fucking Warriors fan to boot. 

A team can be A BAD MATCHUP for another team in terms of positional fit and still be fighting uphill. That doesn't mean that OVERALL they are a worse MATCHUP than the other team when it comes to potentially winning the series. Especially when one of them has HCA and the other doesn't.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You can disagree with me. You can't dismiss Westbrook's entire career. KD didn't do all of that damage in the playoffs by himself. Russ was a top 10 player for 4 or 5 years. Dude was fucking electric. I know it's easy to forget but he had some moments, man. 

Let's put it this way, Russ had been the best player in his own team exactly once in his career. That team didn't do shit. Ja will almost certainly always be the best player in his team but he certainly has been to this point in his career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Let's put it this way, Russ had been the best player in his own team exactly once in his career. That team didn't do shit. Ja will almost certainly always be the best player in his team but he certainly has been to this point in his career.

You know I'm the biggest KD stan on this site. I just think overall the NBAsphere is getting a little carried away with diminishing what Russ did when he was a pretty damn good player. 

Either way - my point remains. I wasn't saying that Westbrook is better than Ja ever will be - I was saying that Ja has that play style where sometimes he does questionable shit but he makes up for it with amazing moments. Not unlike AI or Westbrook. 

Cool?

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Good fucking Christ you are dense. Not a surprise as you are an aggy and a fucking Warriors fan to boot. 

A team can be A BAD MATCHUP for another team in terms of positional fit and still be fighting uphill. That doesn't mean that OVERALL they are a worse MATCHUP than the other team when it comes to potentially winning the series. Especially when one of them has HCA and the other doesn't.

Dude, you're just pissed that both times you've tried to call me out (for what reason, I have no fucking idea) when the Timberwolves were up big, they've immediately collapsed in epic fashion and left you with egg on your face. No worries, it happens.

You're just wrong on this. Even if I bought into the argument that, positionally, Minny wins more of the 1v1 battles than Memphis--and I don't--Memphis's strengths match up directly against Golden State's weaknesses. The keys to beating the Warriors are defensive size/physically, rebounding, and having a point guard that doesn't allow Steph to rest on defense. Which team does that more sound like? Tell me again who is the more problematic matchup. The rest is just semantics gibberish.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, you're just pissed that both times you've tried to call me out (for what reason, I have no fucking idea) when the Timberwolves were up big, they've immediately collapsed in epic fashion and left you with egg on your face. No worries, it happens.

You're just wrong on this. Even if I bought into the argument that, positionally, Minny wins more of the 1v1 battles than Memphis--and I don't--Memphis's strengths match up directly against Golden State's weaknesses. The keys to beating the Warriors are defensive size/physically, rebounding, and having a point guard that doesn't allow Steph to rest on defense. Which team does that more sound like? Tell me again who is the more problematic matchup. The rest is just semantics gibberish.

I'm not pissed about anything and I'm not wrong on top of it. Agree to disagree. 

27 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This sounds like a job for Pat Bev!