NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

13 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I think ANT will be a better player than Ja. He is going to be special. I especially like what I see from him on defense.

Ja is transcendent but at the same time very limited - not unlike Iverson. There's only so much he can do with that frame. 

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Shitty thing about this series….the winner whether it’s Memphis or MN, will face GS who will have a week off If they close out tomorrow

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Again - Memphis would have home court and Minny presents more match up issues for GS than any team in the West. Both teams are young, too. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well yeah there's no point in playing him now. I do think he would have played a little if they won game 3. 

I really do admire your optimism but what on God's green Earth makes you think he would have played in game 4 if the Nets had won? What makes you look at Ben Simmons and makes you think "that guy wants to play"?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I really do admire your optimism but what on God's green Earth makes you think he would have played in game 4 if the Nets had won? What makes you look at Ben Simmons and makes you think "that guy wants to play"?

It's not really optimism - I'm just going off of what's been reported the past couple weeks and piecing it together logically. I don't know why they would have fed that much intel to the media if he was never going to play. If it's a bluff to fuck with the Celtics then why not report something like he's expected to play game 3? Down 3-0 there's almost zero upside to him playing. 

Obviously there's no way to know. They're getting swept (I imagine) and Simmons will play for them next season. 

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Would someone explain what a lane violation is? Players are constantly off balanced and stepping In the paint. Klay just had an entire foot in. Boogie missed but never got an extra ft

It confuses me too. I think it's something that they're just super lenient on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Well yeah there's no point in playing him now. I do think he would have played a little if they won game 3. 

Nah, he's scared to play the Celtics. They are a lot better than expected, and they would make him look foolish for his first game back. He would need several months of therapy and a horde of emotional support animals to be ready for the season opener after getting shit on by Tatum and Brown. 

• Like 2

It's akin to a travel or a foul. Which is to say, it is a tool refs use at their discretion to control a game. It is distinct from travels and fouls in that, while it is as ubiquitous as those two infractions, it is typically of no consequence to the outcome of any particular play, including the foul shot being conducted. It would be a nuisance for the refs to call every infraction but calling none of them would lead to escalation of the violations such that they might truly begin to impact the outcome of a play.

7 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ben Simmons might be the first player to sit out an entire season because he got his feelings hurt. Not a season long injury or a contract dispute. Quit on LSU. Quit on Philly. Now can't show up for his new team. 

Also has refused to work on improving his game for like 5 years now.  Brooklyn was stupid to trade for him.  Harden ain't great but at least he plays.  Simmons' contract, too.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Also has refused to work on improving his game for like 5 years now.  Brooklyn was stupid to trade for him.  Harden ain't great but at least he plays.  Simmons' contract, too.

Harden forced his way out. They weren't choosing between them. And Simmons will play for them. Or he can retire and not get paid I guess. 

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Harden forced his way out. They weren't choosing between them. And Simmons will play for them. Or he can retire and not get paid I guess. 

They may have had no choice in trading Harden, but why trade one head case for another, especially when your roster already has Kyrie on it. I wouldnt want Simmons on my roster for half his salary. Certain guys just arent worth the bullshit, and he appears to be one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How do you know Simmons will play?  What makes you think he’ll even play 50% of the games over his contract?

Best case scenario is that he dresses and begrudgingly plays just to get paid.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

How do you know Simmons will play?  What makes you think he’ll even play 50% of the games over his contract?

Best case scenario is that he dresses and begrudgingly plays just to get paid.

Why don't we circle back next season. This is a pointless debate right now. I find it hard to believe he never wants to play basketball again.

32 minutes ago, Blotto said:

They may have had no choice in trading Harden, but why trade one head case for another, especially when your roster already has Kyrie on it. I wouldnt want Simmons on my roster for half his salary. Certain guys just arent worth the bullshit, and he appears to be one of them. 

You assume there were any other suitors for Harden. I don't remember hearing about any other offers and can't really imagine who would have stepped in with a reasonable offer.  Simmons may have given them a goose egg this year but Harden was going to be an active negative force for the team.

• Like 1

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Dunno if this was posted, but Draymond raked Jokic at the beginning of the game today:

I really wish someone would break his face after this kind of shit. Denver has nothing to lose at this point, just teach that mouthy bitch a lesson for once. 

Draymond doing Draymond things. He should feel ucky he still has two testicles.

• Like 1

Dunno if this was posted, but Draymond raked Jokic at the beginning of the game today:

FRJRi1VVsAAz_-O?format=jpg&name=small
I really wish someone would break his face after this kind of shit. Denver has nothing to lose at this point, just teach that mouthy bitch a lesson for once. 
Draymond is who he is, which is a dirty bitch. That's been his whole career.

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Phoenix probably wins game 5 by 25 and finishes them off in 6, but watching Chris Paul get clowned by an undrafted rookie in crunch time of a playoff game will never get old. 

I agree that PHX will probably blow them out and finish it off, but one can dream.

And I'm loving the outpouring of hate for PHX and Paul that comes out when they lose, my only regret is it is short-lived, I fear.