NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

58 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ayton saw me call him out last game I guess. Still a weird player... where was this game 2?

He's still not impressive to me. I would not max that guy at this point. Even 25m a year feels like too much to me. Cp3 has a lot to do with what few points he generates. 

CP3 is still really really good. Hard to believe people were shitting on the Rockets for giving him a 3 year max deal just 4 years ago.  

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

He's still not impressive to me. I would not max that guy at this point. Even 25m a year feels like too much to me. Cp3 has a lot to do with what few points he generates. 

CP3 is still really really good. Hard to believe people were shitting on the Rockets for giving him a 3 year max deal just 4 years ago.  

25 per is a good contract for him. 40? Not so much. 

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wow, what a sequence for the Sun's. 2 offensive rebounds on some bad possessions and turn it into a 3 from Crowder in the corner.

The ugliest last 3 minute that NOLA could ask for. That’s why they were #10, I guess. Hopefully booker can stay lingering and hobbled because suns look very vulnerable against a real team! Let’s go!

Just now, ztejas said:

Larry Nance has taken 3 3s in like the last 6 mins. That should never be a shot the Pels look for. 

Nobody else is getting open, and at least 1 of those was at the last second of the shit clock. Can't blame him for that, but they just aren't making good plays for high quality shots. The Pels need a good PG like that CP3 guy. If they ever get a player like him, they should hang onto him forever.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

The ugliest last 3 minute that NOLA could ask for. That’s why they were #10, I guess. Hopefully booker can stay lingering and hobbled because suns look very vulnerable against a real team! Let’s go!

I'm guessing you're a Mavericks fan? Cause even if Booker is out, I would take Phoenix over Dallas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I'm guessing you're a Mavericks fan? Cause even if Booker is out, I would take Phoenix over Dallas. 

Really? If (and big if because it’s a complete unknown) Luka is healthy you think Suns in 7? That’s interesting. I could see it potentially, but the one thing for sure is that if Booker is healthy the Suns play GSW in WCF.

Edited by Vegas64

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What the fuck is wrong with you dude? Twice now with this bullshit. 

We don’t know the extent or how long an injury like this will really have an impact is what I’m saying— if you aren’t a Suns fan, or a Booker fan (or both, like me) you want that impact to be throughout the playoffs.

Just now, Vegas64 said:

if you aren’t a Suns fan, or a Booker fan (or both, like me) you want that impact to be throughout the playoffs.

No - you don't - because that's a piece of shit thing to say. Why would you cheer for someone to get injured or stay injured? That's totally classless. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No - you don't - because that's a piece of shit thing to say. Why would you cheer for someone to get injured or stay injured? That's totally classless. 

Oh i guess I see where and at what angle you are coming from. Sorry. I want Booker’s injury to last throughout the playoffs so his team is weaker and easier to beat now that the injury happened. Not sorry.

Just like the Jazz fans are praying every night to Joseph Smith’s underwear Luka’s calf won’t heal.

Edited by Vegas64

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If it’s any consolation I want the Suns to finish NOLA off quickly with the 4-1 gentleman’s sweep now (in order to get to a better opponent and ensuring Booker won’t be available).

I had to miss the action tonight. I drove across town to meet a friend. I don't drive much but it was a decent hike so I dialed up the Draymond Green show on Spotify. Very good listen for basketball nerds. He's had some really good guests but he's suspending that for the playoffs and basically he just breaks down the action and the current series, and he gives some good insight into the Warriors and his mindset. I think it's a good listen the NBA hoop heads would appreciate.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

25 per is a good contract for him. 40? Not so much. 

Isn’t the rookie max only like 28 or 29 million?  Ayton is easily worth that as it’s so hard to find a big that doesn’t have to come off the court in any match up. 
then, when CP3 leaves/gets washed and makes Ayton less valuable for them they should be able to get off the deal easily enough and send him to another contender type team. 
I’d do this one and not even think about it. 

All the injuries suck. It's depriving us of basketball played at its highest level. It seems like it gets worse every year too. It's amazing to me that in this day and age of medical advances and load management and nutrition and conditioning that it is still so prevalent. Maybe my memory is selective but I don't remember this many stars being out what seems like every playoff back in the day. Those dudes traveled commercial, didn't lift, ate like shit, drank and did all sorts of drugs but damn it if they wouldn't play every night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

All the injuries suck. It's depriving us of basketball played at its highest level. It seems like it gets worse every year too. It's amazing to me that in this day and age of medical advances and load management and nutrition and conditioning that it is still so prevalent. Maybe my memory is selective but I don't remember this many stars being out what seems like every playoff back in the day. Those dudes traveled commercial, didn't lift, ate like shit, drank and did all sorts of drugs but damn it if they wouldn't play every night. 

Yeah - it seems like it's gotten worse but if I'm not mistaken some statheads have looked at the numbers and determined it's basically always been this way. I think it's easy to forget about all of the major injuries from past playoffs. This has been a weird stretch though with all of the COVID stuff. Last season's playoffs dragged until July I think? And the playoffs before that wound up happening really late too.

Guys are - 100% - recovering from the same injuries more quickly and more effectively in this day and age. So there's that at least. 

CP3 was great in that fourth quarter.  And he has 38 assists and only 2 turnovers this series.  I think a 19 to 1 A/T ratio is fairly good, lol.  Only about 5 months younger than LeBron.  Have to give props for that...  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The game is so much harder and guys play so much harder than they used to. What you said basically conclusively proves that. Guys would have died trying to smoke at half time and play 3 games in a row if they they were playing at the level modern guys are expected to reach. 

also- Embiid looks like shit with the thumb. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Embiid looked like shit. Not a big surprise. Seems like you would need your thumb n your shooting hand. 

I would have considered sitting him but I guess it's one of those injuries that can't get worse?

Luka about to rip 20,000 hearts out. 

Really well defended there. Too much iso bullshit from Dallas down the stretch. They've been moving the ball well and shooting well all series. Feel like they could have put this away. 

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Luka about to rip 20,000 hearts out. 

Really well defended there. Too much iso bullshit from Dallas down the stretch. They've been moving the ball well and shooting well all series. Feel like they could have put this away. 

Luka is a ball stopper. He does not make his teammates better. His teammates play better with him off the court. With him on the court, we live and die by his iso possessions. He made that big shot to go up 4 but there was a possession before that where he threw up a very unwarranted shot that barely drew iron.

I never got why people thought when he gets back, it would be some blow out. His teammates follow his lead. So much standing around when he is out there because they know he's not going to work them into the possession when he gets the ball.

As of now, Luka is no Dirk at all. 

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Marks needs to tell Durant and Kyrie to fuck off and hire a real coach. They're gonna get swept by Boston with those two guys. 

They really have to find a way to consistently punish the fact that Boston has 2 or 3 guys watching Durant at all times. Also, not going to win many allowing the other team to shoot 53%. 

27 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Tatum is dominating Durant on both ends of the floor whenever they get matched up. 

Durant doesn't seem interested in sacrificing himself to try and extend this series. This just isn't their year and it's been evident for months. Curious how much Marks shakes up the roster.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Durant doesn't seem interested in sacrificing himself to try and extend this series. This just isn't their year and it's been evident for months. Curious how much Marks shakes up the roster.

Reminder; Kyrie is a free agent.  Not that the Nets aren't going to re-sign him, but as flaky as he is, who would be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Kyrie is so gone.  Nash probably fired and I'm guessing the Nova coach. 

KD will rot in the big apple for the rest as no one wants that massive contract, especially $53 million for a 36yo.

Nets can use the Kyrie money to get some younger FAs, drop all their olds if possible. 

Celts- Warriors in the Finals will be outstanding.