NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’ll be historical. Close schools for the day. Everybody will remember where they were at.     The most talked about 7 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists ever

So if NETS win Game #3 and then lose Game #4,  it has to be Ben Simmons fault right ??  😋

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’ll be historical. Close schools for the day. Everybody will remember where they were at.

The most talked about 7 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists ever

Man, if he played 1st team all-defense to go along with that 7/7/5, they'd take that in a heartbeat. Hard to amp up to playoff level defense after 12 months off though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ben the loser Simmons making his debut in Game 4.

29 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’ll be historical. Close schools for the day. Everybody will remember where they were at.

The most talked about 7 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists ever

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So if NETS win Game #3 and then lose Game #4,  it has to be Ben Simmons fault right ??  😋

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Man, if he played 1st team all-defense to go along with that 7/7/5, they'd take that in a heartbeat. Hard to amp up to playoff level defense after 12 months off though.

Pay the man his $20,000,000!

• Like 1

99% chance of this not happening, but I Would love to see this if only for the drama.

I posted in the reg-lar season thread several weeks or a month ago that this postseason will largely be determined by health/injuries (just as almost every other recent postseason) and sadly this appears to be the case.  

41 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Soooooooo Boston vs Philly ECF?  I'm still taking Philly in that case. 

None of y'all watch Miami play I guess?

I was pretty close on these odds - this may have been before the Booker timeline dropped.

Screenshot_20220421-151841.thumb.png.fa64823d2f3812decd8ee6786aa8a258.png

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Boston needs to get through the team in front of them first. 

Looking at the way Games 1 & 2 have gone, how frustrated KD looks, and how locked in the Celtics are, I can't see the Nets coming back.

Maybe Nash will turn out to be a sooper genius and find some adjustment that changes the series, maybe Ben Simmons is an x factor...but I doubt it.

Boston vs Golden State in the Finals?  Just shoot me now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

None of y'all watch Miami play I guess?

I was pretty close on these odds - this may have been before the Booker timeline dropped.

Screenshot_20220421-151841.thumb.png.fa64823d2f3812decd8ee6786aa8a258.png

Do you trust Jimmy Butler to carry that team? I don't, but I have never really liked him much. Maybe it's my own bias, but I don't think Miami is going to win the East.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Do you trust Jimmy Butler to carry that team? I don't, but I have never really liked him much. Maybe it's my own bias, but I don't think Miami is going to win the East.

He dropped 45 last game. He took 2 games off the Lakers almost single handedly in the Finals two years ago. The heat have some ?s but Jimmy Butler showing up for the playoffs wouldn't be my main concern. They also have a top 2? coach in the NBA and HCA throughout the East. I probably like Boston the best right now but the Heat making the Finals would not shock me.

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Embiid MVP Truthers have to feel about like we did after bush won the Heisman and VY stole his lunch money in the rose bowl. 

Meh, Embiid has a much better team around him than Jokic does right now.  Denver's 4 starters not named Jokic scored a total of 34 last game.  Kinda hard to win against a team like GS like that.

Without Murray and MPJ the Nuggets are dead in the water.  Not getting swept will be an accomplishment for them this year.  Injuries matter, especially in the playoffs, and when your second and third best players are out all year, it's tough to win.  The fact that Jokic hauled this Nuggets team to a #6 seed is incredible.

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Couldn’t ask for a more disastrous end to the quarter. Memphis doesn’t charge at all but MN gets offensive fouls ?

The call on DLo was horrible and took 3 points off the board. 

Why is KAT not posting up? He keeps catching the ball 30 feet from the basket. 

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Meh, Embiid has a much better team around him than Jokic does right now.  Denver's 4 starters not named Jokic scored a total of 34 last game.  Kinda hard to win against a team like GS like that.

Without Murray and MPJ the Nuggets are dead in the water.  Not getting swept will be an accomplishment for them this year.  Injuries matter, especially in the playoffs, and when your second and third best players are out all year, it's tough to win.  The fact that Jokic hauled this Nuggets team to a #6 seed is incredible.

I think it's also apparent that the refs are calling the playoffs strikingly differently than they did the regular season. That's had a huge impact.

1 minute ago, Horny Bull said:

This has been an incredible meltdown by Minnesota. 

Yeah I mean this is all-time level. I was trying to remember that game from like 8 years ago where the Clippers came back from 25 in the 4th against someone. Can't remember who it was against. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

This Wolves team is just matchup nightmares all over the place. I think I'd rather play Memphis if I'm the Ws even without HCA. 

They remind me of those OKC teams from 2011 and 2012. 

This post didn't age so well. They've had a great year (for their standards) and have a bright future, but ain't no one scared of the Minnesota fucking Timberwolves. I hope they win the series, so Draymond can make KAT cry on national television.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I think it's also apparent that the refs are calling the playoffs strikingly differently than they did the regular season. That's had a huge impact.

In what way?  Jokic doesn't get foul calls in the regular season and he doesn't get them in the playoffs.  That's not new.  Dude gets beat to shit all game and rarely gets calls.

Giannis is averaging 14.5 free throws a game in the playoffs.  Embiid is averaging 11.3.  Jokic is averaging 5.0 per game.  For the reigning (and likely back to back) MVP.  Regular season stats are very similar.