NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

In what way?  Jokic doesn't get foul calls in the regular season and he doesn't get them in the playoffs.  That's not new.  Dude gets beat to shit all game and rarely gets calls.

Giannis is averaging 14.5 free throws a game in the playoffs.  Embiid is averaging 11.3.  Jokic is averaging 5.0 per game.  For the reigning (and likely back to back) MVP.  Regular season stats are very similar.

I don't disagree on Jokic, but the level of physicality that is not being called is really significant. You see the entire league adopting the Pat Bev strategy of just trying to annoy and frustrate rather than match skills. The Dubs should be above that kind of shit but they're in the mud with the rest.

• Like 1

I don't disagree on Jokic, but the level of physicality that is not being called is really significant. You see the entire league adopting the Pat Bev strategy of just trying to annoy and frustrate rather than match skills. The Dubs should be above that kind of shit but they're in the mud with the rest.
Draymond invented that shit, not Beverly.

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
18 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Draymond invented that shit, not Beverly.

Totally, but he at least offers other skills on top of that. Ref him by the book and he could still rebound and facilitate. Take away the antics and Bev is playing in Greece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Someone can tell Utah if they don't want to play they don't have to. They can just forfeit and save everyone a bunch of time. 

Booker's 2-3 week hammy is looking more and more like the break Dallas needed if they wanted to make this a magical run and season.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hahaha Jokic gets punked as usual come playoff time. 

this is the dumbest post i've seen in a very, very long time. Jokic has been an absolute killer in the playoffs. his playoff numbers are as good as/better than his regular season numbers, and he's led his mediocre nuggets teams to multiple series wins after being down 3-1. Playoff Jokic is an absolute monster. this Nuggets team around him is terrible, and he's willing them as far as he can. this is just a completely stupid and uninformed post dude. redact it if you have time. 

With the emergence of Poole, I can't decide whether it says more or less about Wiggins that he's perfectly happy being relegated to playing solid defense, standing in the corner on offense, taking 6 shots, and coming up with the occasional big rebound. For $30M.

Edited by aggie08

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

With the emergence of Poole, I can't decide whether it says more or less about Wiggins that he's perfectly happy being relegated to playing solid defense, standing in the corner on offense, taking 6 shots, and coming up with the occasional big rebound. For $30M.

He’s a good soldier who is happy to cash the checks.

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He's a loser, the #1 picks from 2013-2019 have been god awful. Hell every #1 pick since Lebron has been disappointing and usually not the best player from that draft

Edited by Michael Knight

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Who would you rather have - 31 yo DMC with knees and ankles held together with duct tape or in his prime 26 yo KAT with no injury issues?

Weren't the concensus candidates for the #1 pick that year KAT or Jahlil Okafor?  Minnesota still made the right call despite all of KAT's underachieving so far.

Edited by Captain Obvious

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Weren't the concensus candidates for the #1 pick that year KAT or Jahlil Okafor?  Minnesota still made the right call despite all of KAT's underachieving so far.

DLo went 2. That was a bad draft. Best player is Booker who went 13th. 

Can we get a wellness check on @MNLonghornFUKMthis morning?

I'm not one to bag on KAT - okay that's a lie -but Memphis realized that Adams was unplayable in this series about two minutes into game 2 and has played small ball ever since and fucking Townes won't get his ass down on the block and pound them inside. You're seven feet tall for fucks sake. If the world's best shooting big man can't punish them from five feet in, then at least make them pay on the glass. The few times he did post up, usually from about 12 feet out - they sent doubles and got good shots. But four shots, five rebounds, five fouls isn't getting it done. I suppose he did block five shots. But holy Brad Sellers, does he have a paint allergy that we don't know about? 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Considering the number of high draft picks, is Minny the most underachieving team in the league?

It’s obviously the Kings. Starting in 2015(the year KAT was drafted) the Kings have drafted 6th, 8th, 5th, 10th, 2nd and 12th and have almost nothing to show for it. 
And Edwards is only in his second year and was known to be a raw prospect out of college. Too early to judge. 

Edited by Irieguy