NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

7 hours ago, Llogg said:

Nets were 100% a better team before the Harden trade. Both immediately and positioning for the future.

Although it must be said that Seth Curry was s good pickup for them.

Before they got Harden?  

Nah man, that's not right. They were a fucking sight to behold when those guys all played together. That was just all time bad luck that it played out the way it did.  They would have cruised to the title last year.  As it was the NBA champs beat them by roughly 1/4 of an inch. If you don't think that KD was going to run through ATL and easily make the finals I don't know what to tell you.  They would have needed either Harden or Kyrie to be back and reasonably healthy for the finals, likely, to make take down the Suns. It was just terrible terrible terrible luck for them.  They were awesome against Boston.  They didn't have that gear at all before that trade. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out. I think that should be the title to KD's career b/c even as awesome as his career has been between the injuries to himself and teammates at horrible times and the awful decision making in OKC it feels like he was short changed at least 3 rings in his career.  Which is logical and historical if you think about him being a top 10 all time guy.  Those guys just usually pile up 3+ rings in their career.  He's the unluckiest top 10 NBA player ever imo.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Toronto is currently 5 to 1 to win the series. 

I haven't bet anything in awhile but that seems pretty juicy. 

Yeah. FVV being out is a plus for them against Philly not a minus.  Embiid is busted.  Harden is either busted or too old to be good anymore.  Rivers sucks.  It's going to be really hard to win the game 7 in Philly with both hands wrapped around their own neck. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Before they got Harden?  

Nah man, that's not right. They were a fucking sight to behold when those guys all played together. That was just all time bad luck that it played out the way it did.  They would have cruised to the title last year.  As it was the NBA champs beat them by roughly 1/4 of an inch. If you don't think that KD was going to run through ATL and easily make the finals I don't know what to tell you.  They would have needed either Harden or Kyrie to be back and reasonably healthy for the finals, likely, to make take down the Suns. It was just terrible terrible terrible luck for them.  They were awesome against Boston.  They didn't have that gear at all before that trade. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out. I think that should be the title to KD's career b/c even as awesome as his career has been between the injuries to himself and teammates at horrible times and the awful decision making in OKC it feels like he was short changed at least 3 rings in his career.  Which is logical and historical if you think about him being a top 10 all time guy.  Those guys just usually pile up 3+ rings in their career.  He's the unluckiest top 10 NBA player ever imo.   

This is all mostly true - but the problem with the Harden trade as evidenced now is that stuff like that can be fleeting. JA wouldn't have shown up out of shape or nearly tanked the team out of the playoffs and you don't have to pay him $50M a year. 

It is what it is. Maybe Durant lucks into one down the stretch of his career. Simmons needs to get his ass on the court as a start. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Always seemed odd to me that a guy with the yips first game back would be a playoff game. I bet he plays Game 1 next season.

Even if Simmons wasn't a headcase I'm not sure I would want a player that can't shoot to be on a max contract.

Yeah, that "plan" never made any sense.   There was no way he was coming back under those conditions

10 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah, that "plan" never made any sense.   There was no way he was coming back under those conditions

Russillo made a good point today that all of the updates were probably coming from Simmons' camp and not the Nets - which now makes me think it was mostly the mental block stuff. I had assumed a lot of the updates were coming from the Nets and figured they didn't have any reason to lie about an injury and that he really was wanting to play for them. Not sure what to think now. 

I'd still assume he will want to get back on the court for the regular season, but it gets really weird if he continues to miss time just because of mental stuff. I mean - could the Nets just not pay him like Philly did? Could they buy him out and get like a cap exemption/waiver type deal? I don't know how you trade him unless it's for another distressed asset. 

Feels like the players have a bit too much power and leverage league wide at this point. The next CBA negotiation in a couple of years could be a doozie. 

Ben is probably afraid of smoking. 

And that was already posted^

Seriously... do we need/want a Simmons thread? I think it's like 60% of the posts on the last 3 pages. Could be an entertaining catch all and help clean this one up a little.

Edited by ztejas

I hate charge calls like that. Dude was completely out of the play then jumps in at the last second. KAT commits some dumb fouls but that wasn't on him.

22 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I was ready to tear up my ticket when the wolves were down 13-2 with like 65 turnovers.

Have you been watching this series? 

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m sure taylor Jenkins thinks this game arrogantly called because they suck ass at FTs. Fuck Memphis

That tech on Naz was so fucking stupid. The one on Memphis before that maybe wasn't great either. They need to chill on the whistles on both ends. 

Embarrassing officiating job. Feel like I'm watching college ball. Defenders need to earn offensive fouls. Every flop getting awarded in this game. 

@MNLonghornFUKM is that what it was? I missed it. I just thought the tech on Naz for talking shit to another player in a live ball situation was ridiculous. 

Edited by ztejas

Embarrassing officiating job. Feel like I'm watching college ball. Defenders need to earn offensive fouls. Every flop getting awarded in this game. 
[mention=37]MNLonghornFUKM[/mention] is that what it was? I missed it. I just thought the tech on Naz for talking shit to another player in a live ball situation was ridiculous. 

Finch was talking to a ref and bane chicken winged him so he can hurry up and inbound it

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

@aggie08 isn't remotely worried about this Minny team. Quick 4 game sweep. Probably don't even have to play Steph. 

Yeah, pretty much. Won't be a sweep, but I think Memphis is the tougher matchup being the #1 offensive rebounding team in the like. They're deep and physical.

You're honestly gonna sit there and tell me that you think D'Angelo and KAT are going to punk a healthy Steph, Klay, and Dray in a playoff series? C'mon man.

• Hook 'Em 1