Mallory McMorrow’s Rant

The Dog

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Called to action, IN REAL-TIME, by THE LEADER OF THE PARTY. THE LEADER OF THE PARTY. NOT A FRINGE NUTJOB, the actual mother fucking PRESIDENT. He LITERALLY DOES speak for the party. That’s how this shit works. Sorry it makes you uncomfortable; maybe rethink your position in the world.

A party leader whom the party, via the House Minority Leader and many others, refuses to disavow, except in private.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah but fuck that guy.  That’s been the stance of many of the GOP since day 2.  I don’t expect you to know each posters specific history on every subject, but my thoughts on him are in the surly annals. 

But. You. All. Vote. For. Him.
And….you vote for all of his enablers, and those who happily go along with everything he does or says, and happily support his plans to subvert democracy. So, “fuck that guy, except I support him and his approach and agenda in every meaningful way” is a bunch of bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But. You. All. Vote. For. Him.
And….you vote for all of his enablers, and those who happily go along with everything he does or says, and happily support his plans to subvert democracy. So, “fuck that guy, except I support him and his approach and agenda in every meaningful way” is a bunch of bullshit.

Yeah I get that.  You have to understand though, that some people disagree with the entire basis of the Democratic Party. Where should they vote?  Nowhere, because 15 dipshit reps across the nation (boobert, Gaetz, the chick with the toes and Jew lasers)?  

• Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You’re right. I’m certain they were there to overthrow the govt with…their fists.  And it was so violent that…not one political figure was touched. I get it’s a great end of democracy talking point for the left.  But as I said, 45-55% of the country saw what it was, got embarrassed, and went about their lives. I mean the worstest ever violent event of the history of America !!1! and people are getting full 60 day stays in jail. So with such harsh sentences, I’m convinced. Fold it up, America is over. 

Yeah, that's a neg.  JFC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah I get that.  You have to understand though, that some people disagree with the entire basis of the Democratic Party. Where should they vote?  Nowhere, because 15 dipshit reps across the nation (boobert, Gaetz, the chick with the toes and Jew lasers)?  

It's not 15.  It's the vast majority of Republican politicians.  They are lining up to spew the same nonsense, and if they don't verbalize it, they certainly don't condemn it.

It IS your party's platform, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not 15.  It's the vast majority of Republican politicians.  They are lining up to spew the same nonsense, and if they don't verbalize it, they certainly don't condemn it.

It IS your party's platform, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

I will not acknowledge it. There are hundreds of reps you’ve nerve even heard of from across the nation. I highly doubt you follow their every political notion.  That would be akin to me saying the entire D party is in lockstep with AOC and SJL, nothing more towards the center. It’s fringe only, whether you acknowledge it or not. 

• Fuck You 2

1 - it’s a fuckload more than 15 reps. It’s the bill of your party, including almost all key party leadership. For fuck’s sake, McCarthy is beholden to Trumpism. They literally EXPEL all apostates (see Cheney).
2 - yes, vote nowhere. If you can’t bring yourself to vote for the opposition, but you realize that the GQP is and remains horribad, do not support them with your vote. “Abstain” is a voting option in functionally every system. It has its place. If you do not support Trump, then do not support him.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 10:41 PM, Tom said:

Good for her. 

I really don't understand how allegations of being a pedophile or grooming children is so often being shrugged off and ignored by so many.  How are people going around making accusations as disgusting as calling someone a pedophile and not getting their asses kicked for it?  At the very least sued for defamation.  Do we not have libel/defamation laws anymore in this country?  Why does it seem everyone can get away with saying anything they want these days?  Words should have consequences.

Remember the “I am not a witch” moment?

”I am not a pedophile” is even worse.  Under no circumstances should anyone with political aspirations say that. No one should say it unless they’re actually in court, trying to prove they aren’t a pedophile. And they usually should let their lawyer say it there. 

Ignoring is the only option, not a lawsuit where people will be saying “my client isn’t a pedophile.”

Edited by 956 Worldwide

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

2 - yes, vote nowhere. If you can’t bring yourself to vote for the opposition, but you realize that the GQP is and remains horribad, do not support them with your vote. “Abstain” is a voting option in functionally every system. It has its place. If you do not support Trump, then do not support him.

Yes, but still assisting the downfall of our country. Sounds like 6 of one, half dozen of the other to me. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes, but still assisting the downfall of our country. Sounds like 6 of one, half dozen of the other to me. 

Refuse to be complicit.  I'm dead serious, it's a real-deal legitimate, honest, and effective political act.  You may not like where things are going otherwise (I sure don't), but you can steadfastly refuse to be complicit with those who are overtly supporting overthrowing it.  I am truly and honestly suggesting this, it is a fair and honest expression of your political power, limited though it may be.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Misinformed, it appears.  Must have burned out those brain cells at some point.  My recollection was he was a Carter fan.   Y’all motherfukers lived it, I only learned it (I hope correctly initially) but got it completely wrong here.  

eta: apologies to @jimmyjazz on this one.   

Wow, so weird that your brain twisted facts in a certain direction. That's probably definitely the only time that's ever happened and no way it's indicative of a deep-seated bias that infects your views in everything while you rant on a forum about how everyone else is biased. So that's good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Wow, so weird that your brain twisted facts in a certain direction. That's probably definitely the only time that's ever happened and no way it's indicative of a deep-seated bias that infects your views in everything while you rant on a forum about how everyone else is biased. So that's good. 

Yes, odd how a small fact of an event that happened years before I was born could get twisted.  Glad the smartest person on the site was able to show up and walk me thru it though.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

not one political figure was touched

That’s because they all ran and hid. Do you seriously think that if Nancy Pelosi had just hung out in her office that she’d be alive today? There was a large contingent of insurrectionists who came armed with guns and wearing body armor and made no secret of their intentions. They posted it on social media. They said it out loud. It’s on the record.

You can’t possibly be that obtuse, can you?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Felix said:

The reason I neg your bullshit posts (not all of your posts as you know) is because I used to believe the same bullshit you're spouting.  So did Brisket, Twice, DDD, GOLL, etc that post on this site.  When I really started to look at what was going on and stopped just listening to the crap being spewed by the AM radio crowd, and actually decided to take a real look at the records of both parties it was an eye opening experience.

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, 1500 nut jobs speak for 10s of millions of voters and an entire political party here, so, about right.  

As long as you keep voting for the party that supports the actions of those nutjobs, then you do support it.  This isn't hard.  Voting for the people who support Trump supports all of this nonsense.  And the WHOLE FUCKING PARTY supports Trump.  They fucking removed Liz Cheney from committees because she wouldn't go along with the Big Lie.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah but fuck that guy.  That’s been the stance of many of the GOP since day 2.  I don’t expect you to know each posters specific history on every subject, but my thoughts on him are in the surly annals. 

ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY SUPPORTS TRUMP.  He is the Republican Party.  You can pretend it's not true, but it is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Hand wave Jan 6th away as no big deal and you get a neg.

Come on fatty, I thought you were better than that.

I absolutely take it more serious than a handwave, but I do not believe it was the end of American Democracy.  I also don't understand, in reality, what the left expected afterwards.  I know many here wanted them to just abolish the party completely, ceding complete and absolute power to their side, but that's not reality.  I guess I'm sorry the GOP didn't disappear in entirety, making this a one party country, but that would never happen in ANY circumstance, with either party.  

1 hour ago, Felix said:

If you can look past your need to be on the right side (a failing we all suffer from) to what is actually being done by each party when actually governing, and you still think the Democratic party is a threat to this country at all, much less more than the Republican party, then I have to think we have no hope.

First, I appreciate your response.  Until about a week ago in the Ukraine thread, I thought you were a sock. Until I acquired a more recent shadow, I believe you made up about 80% of my neg reps, but never a single response.  I don't think there is no hope, we just have a different idea of what America should be. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I used to think he was, but clearly I was wrong.  He willingly supports Republicans but not Trump.  Lulz.  They are one in the same.

This party was around before Trump, and hopefully long after.  Just a deep orange stain is all. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This party was around before Trump, and hopefully long after.  Just a deep orange stain is all. 

In Today's world, supporting Republicans is supporting Trump.  It's not difficult.  You support the Big Lie.  You support Jan 6.  You support Don't Say Gay, abortion bans.  All of it.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

First, I appreciate your response.  Until about a week ago in the Ukraine thread, I thought you were a sock. Until I acquired a more recent shadow, I believe you made up about 80% of my neg reps, but never a single response.  I don't think there is no hope, we just have a different idea of what America should be. 

All the party had to do is disassociate from Trump and an attempted violent overthrow of our country. That’s it. And they couldn’t even muster up a single shriveled testicle to do it. Pathetic.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Chewbacca said:

In Today's world, supporting Republicans is supporting Trump.  It's not difficult.  You support the Big Lie.  You support Jan 6.  You support Don't Say Gay.  All of it.

Yeah I supported it so much I didn't vote for him in his second run.  And I've never supported the other things you list either.  But I don't expect an entire political party to dissolve themselves and give complete, irreversible control to their opponents over the disaster of 1/6. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

All the party had to do is disassociate from Trump and an attempted violent overthrow of our country. That’s it. And they couldn’t even muster up a single shriveled testicle to do it. Pathetic.

They didn't do it because they know voters like fatty will keep on voting for them.  The more horribly they act, the better.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I mean one side has actually sought out and shot politicians.  Not talked about it. Actually achieved it. 

Only one side?

image.jpeg.4143a7285c3353405babbdbc88e4d353.jpeg

19 shot btw with 6 killed including a federal judge and 9 yo girl

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Political suicide because of the Trumpkins.  You know this.  Half those assholes aren't even GOP, they worship Trump.  They didn't exist for 41 or W, or god knows McCain.   So many of the reps are choosing their career over their soul.  Don't know if I agree with them, but it's not exclusive to politics. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Yeah I supported it so much I didn't vote for him in his second run.  And I've never supported the other things you list either.  But I don't expect an entire political party to dissolve themselves and give complete, irreversible control to their opponents over the disaster of 1/6. 

If you vote Republican in a national election, you are supporting all of that because they are all beholden to Trump (see Liz Cheney if you disagree).  And if you voted Republican in a Texas state election, you support the abortion ban.  You don't have to like it, but it's true.  

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

If you vote Republican in a national election, you are supporting all of that because they are all beholden to Trump (see Liz Cheney if you disagree).  And if you voted Republican in a Texas state election, you support the abortion ban.  You don't have to like it, but it's true.  

When I vote in '24, how will that be beholden to Trump?  When I voted against Beto, how was I showing support for things that happened well after the fact?  

If tomorrow, Biden decided to Nuke NYC, why would that be your fault for voting for him in '20?

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

When I vote in '24, how will that be beholden to Trump?  When I voted against Beto, how was I showing support for things that happened well after the fact?  

If tomorrow, Biden decided to Nuke NYC, why would that be your fault for voting for him in '20?

Keep telling yourself you're not part of the problem.  It's not true, but it might make you feel better.

And if Biden nuked NYC, I'd own my vote there.  Because, as your side loves to say (when you win), elections have consequences.  Not so much when you lose.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Political suicide because of the Trumpkins.  You know this.  Half those assholes aren't even GOP, they worship Trump.  They didn't exist for 41 or W, or god knows McCain.   So many of the reps are choosing their career over their soul.  Don't know if I agree with them, but it's not exclusive to politics. 

It's the party leadership.  McConnell, McCarthy, Cruz, the list goes on, they stand by and occasionally encourage the battshittery.  The only one who has actually taken what might be charitably called a principled stand is Cheney.  Romney is his usual spineless self, hanging out in the shadows, occasionally doing the right thing.

If leadership leans hard one direction how can you in good conscience say the party doesn't?

I don't expect (R) to become (D).  I do think they should take steps to censure and perhaps expel the dregs, and if that can't happen, form a 3rd party.  It's not like it would be a splinter group, it would probably drag 30% of the country along from the jump.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

form a 3rd party.  It's not like it would be a splinter group, it would probably drag 30% of the country along from the jump.

30%  So basically conceding control of the entire county for the next generation. Cool. 

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

And if Biden nuked NYC, I'd own my vote there.  Because, as your side loves to say (when you win), elections have consequences.  Not so much when you lose.

That's dumb.  You can tell me you thought Trump was stupid in '15, or an asshole, or unfit to be in such a position.  I would mostly agree.  But to say you could know it would end the way it did is bullshit.   Biden would never do that, of course, but my hyperbolic point is because no one would expect anyone to "own" that decision from several years before.   Voting for Trump a second time, well... 

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

30%  So basically conceding control of the entire county for the next generation. Cool. 

That's dumb.  You can tell me you thought Trump was stupid in '15, or an asshole, or unfit to be in such a position.  I would mostly agree.  But to say you could know it would end the way it did is bullshit.   Biden would never do that, of course, but my hyperbolic point is because no one would expect anyone to "own" that decision from several years before.   Voting for Trump a second time, well... 

YOU KEEP VOTING FOR REPUBLICANS!!!!!  Holy shit, dude.  Some self reflection would be good right about now.  

The Republicans lost me when they became the party of hate.  Hate is not a Christian value, but damn, do a lot of Republicans love to wrap themselves in Jesus when being hateful.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I absolutely take it more serious than a handwave, but I do not believe it was the end of American Democracy.  I also don't understand, in reality, what the left expected afterwards.  I know many here wanted them to just abolish the party completely, ceding complete and absolute power to their side, but that's not reality.  I guess I'm sorry the GOP didn't disappear in entirety, making this a one party country, but that would never happen in ANY circumstance, with either party.  

The GOP doubled down on the core elements that spurred J6, and purged “real” conservatives like Cheney and Kinzinger because they didn’t toe the party line. It has nothing to do with what the left expected. The right had a chance to do the right thing and didn’t just flinch, they outright conceded the core of the party to the fringe elements you claim not to support. When the Rs take the house and Mcarthy is speaker, who do you think will be front and center in the retaliation hearings? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This is where you are wrong. The party has been trending in this direction for quite some time. Trump merely played the hand he was dealt. Now that he has and other Repubs have seen John Q eating it up, they have cracked the same playbook and are adjusting the headsets in the booth. As long as John Q(you) continue to vote for them, they will continue running the same shtick. The only way to uproot them is to vote them all out. Sending a message that their behavior will not be tolerated. We are a country on the brink of Authoritarianism. All it takes is the right one. We lucked out and got an idiot who couldn't execute it properly, but that doesn't mean the next one won't be more effective. Lastly, it doesn't matter the political system. Strongman type Authoritarians/Dictators are always born out of the conservative side.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Cede control to who?  You already claim you don't agree with current (R) party leadership.  What's the difference, them or (D)?

Other than the "end of democracy" part, I mean.

For fuck's sake.  

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Weird. Thought we had a thread for this and it wasn't this one. Back on topic. 

You are a bad mod, a bad poster, or both. Super inconsistent and not clear when you are posting in which role. Do you have any actual rules or positions? How off-topic is too off-topic? When should users crowd source and why? This is where you step in but other posters call people dykes and no big deal?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Serak The Preparer said:

You are a bad mod, a bad poster, or both. Super inconsistent and not clear when you are posting in which role. Do you have any actual rules or positions? How off-topic is too off-topic? When should users crowd source and why? This is where you step in but other posters call people dykes and no big deal?

Well I don't read every thread on the board and this one is completely derailed.

fatty, you do this every few months, and it's getting pretty tiresome. You go on your "Who am I supposed to vote for?" anti-Democrat rant. We see through it, and the kind of posts that you rep. You'll vote for every Republican whose last name isn't actually Trump and feel great about it. Just own it. You'll never acknowledge that they're all one in the same now. I'll happily vote for the next R who denounces Trump and supports conservative policies that I agree with...but where the fuck is that unicorn? If they're out there, they're staying quiet as fuck as to not get Cheney'd. So what good are they?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3