Mallory McMorrow’s Rant

The Dog

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The rubicon was crossed, and the GOP will forever be a violent terrorist party that is willing to impose its political will on the rest of us by force. Fuck that. Forever.

Yes, 45-55% of the country will believe that into perpetuity. 

• Fuck You 2

Suggest the thread title be changed to “Mallory McMorrow’s Well Reasoned and Passionate Response”

No shit. “McMorrow admirably holds back and refrains from kicking the shit out of the cunt who accused her of grooming five years olds.”
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Believe?  It ain't a matter of belief.  It's a matter of fact.  It's a thing that actually happened.  It was not a "lone wolf nutbar" event.  It was a mass movement, led by the motherfucking president of the United States, the actual head of the entire political party.  It's not on a whole 'nother level, it's on a whole 'nother fucking PLANET.

You ain't gonna reach them man.

19 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Gabby Giffords says “Fuck you”.

I honestly don't understand how these events are forgotten.  Apparently , all it takes is one or two "pundits" pushing the narrative that only left-wing nutters have shot a politician, and voila!  it becomes "truth".  It's exhausting.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

What was Jan 6 about, then? Why were they there?

Quickest way to get a magat to STFU.  They know damn right.

No faster way to change the topic to Hunter's laptop.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

What was Jan 6 about, then? Why were they there?

Why did a bunch of idiots storm the capitol?  To cause mayhem, I’d assume.  I’m sure some thought they’d overthrow the vote without arms, I guess. But as the one dumb cunt found out, bringing fists to a gun fight doesn’t work.  All you’ll get is a hole blown in your neck. 

• Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Why did a bunch of idiots storm the capitol?  To cause mayhem, I’d assume.  I’m sure some thought they’d overthrow the vote without arms, I guess. But as the one dumb cunt found out, bringing fists to a gun fight doesn’t work.  All you’ll get is a hole blown in your neck. 

mhmmmm.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Why was the crowd assembled in the first place?  I'll spot you the first two words.  They were there to stop the __________.  

You know damn well what was going on, you just won't admit it because your party comes before your country.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Why was the crowd assembled in the first place?  I'll spot you the first two words.  They were there to stop the __________.  

You know damn well what was going on, you just won't admit it because your party comes before your country.

You’re right. I’m certain they were there to overthrow the govt with…their fists.  And it was so violent that…not one political figure was touched. I get it’s a great end of democracy talking point for the left.  But as I said, 45-55% of the country saw what it was, got embarrassed, and went about their lives. I mean the worstest ever violent event of the history of America !!1! and people are getting full 60 day stays in jail. So with such harsh sentences, I’m convinced. Fold it up, America is over. 

• Fuck You 7

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you serious?  You don't know the story behind the attempt on Reagan's life?

Maybe you need to sit this one out.

Are you saying his obsession with Jodi Foster means it was impossible for him to follow Carter from state to state?  Maybe you should refresh your memory, or sit this one out?

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You’re right. I’m certain they were there to overthrow the govt with…their fists.  And it was so violent that…not one political figure was touched. I get it’s a great end of democracy talking point for the left.  But as I said, 45-55% of the country saw what it was, got embarrassed, and went about their lives. I mean the worstest ever violent event of the history of America !!1! and people are getting full 60 day stays in jail. So with such harsh sentences, I’m convinced. Fold it up, America is over. 

Did you really get embarassed?  Doesn't sound like it.  I'll bet you're right back at it pulling the lever for Republicans come November.  So you're endorsing that behavior.  You're endorsing Jan 6, The Big Lie, all of it.  You are actively choosing your party over your country.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you saying his obsession with Jodi Foster means it was impossible for him to follow Carter from state to state?  Maybe you should refresh your memory, or sit this one out?

The guy was obsessed with Foster and was ruled not guilty by reason of insanity.  For you to paint that on Carter or his support of Carter just shows how fucking broken your brain is.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The guy was obsessed with Foster and was ruled not guilty by reason of insanity.  For you to paint that on Carter or his support of Carter just shows how fucking broken your brain is.

Yes, I know the rest of the story. I also know he was a fan of Carter, actively trying to assassinate a president that was opposite of his political affiliation. If he was “one of mine” as they say, I wouldn’t want to bring that up either. 

I guess politics could have had nothing to do with it and he just felt shooting a one term peanut farmer wouldn’t impress anyone, much less Jodi Foster?

• Fuck You 3

The man was insane.  Clinically.  There is zero evidence his shooting was politically motivated.  Regardless, you're the one who claimed "one side" on random political shootings, and you've already been pantsed in that regard, so perhaps you might want to just wrap this up.

Edited by jimmyjazz
grammer
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The man was insane.  Clinically.  There is zero evidence his shooting was politically motivated.  Regardless, you're the one who claimed "one side" on random political shootings, and you've already been pantsed in that regard, so perhaps you might want to just wrap this up.

The discussion started on post #33.  Try and keep up. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

The GOP supports that?  Maybe somewhere you could show me. I trust you, just want to verify.  

I thought we were doing the thing where we derail the thread and pretend that acts by lone nutjobs represent an entire political movement?

Only you get to do that?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I thought we were doing the thing where we derail the thread and pretend that acts by lone nutjobs represent an entire political movement?

Only you get to do that?

Well, 1500 nut jobs speak for 10s of millions of voters and an entire political party here, so, about right.  

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

He was a massive Jimmy Carter fuckboi iirc. 

Yes, I know the rest of the story. I also know he was a fan of Carter, actively trying to assassinate a president that was opposite of his political affiliation. If he was “one of mine” as they say, I wouldn’t want to bring that up either. 

I guess politics could have had nothing to do with it and he just felt shooting a one term peanut farmer wouldn’t impress anyone, much less Jodi Foster?

Prove that he was a "fan" of Carter, because you seem to be sorely misinformed or a liar. According to multiple historical accounts and contemporaneous sources, he stalked Carter with plans to assassinate him. Show your work, admit your error, or lose all credibility on this board.

John Hinckley Jr. Stalks President Carter
By late September 1980, John Hinckley Jr. began his presidential stalking by tracking the movements of President Carter, who was campaigning across the country for his second term in office. Hinckley traveled to Dallas, Texas, to buy two revolvers and then flew to Washington, D.C., staying at a hotel only three blocks from the White House. During his stay he sent a postcard to his sister describing the White House as “Carter’s Fortress.” Hinckley scoured the newspapers for Carter’s itinerary. He discovered that the president would be in Dayton, Ohio, for a campaign rally on October 2.

In Dayton, Hinckley left his guns in his luggage at a bus station. He was standing in a crowd of supporters when the president arrived. Carter plunged into the crowd of well-wishers, smiling and waving as Hinckley looked on only a handshake distance from the president. Hinckley later said he was unarmed and did not intend to shoot Carter but simply wanted to find out if he could get close enough to assassinate him. On that day, he became convinced he could.

Following his “test run,” Hinckley took a plane to another scheduled campaign rally, this time in Nashville, Tennessee. Carter was due to appear at a “town hall” meeting at the Grand Ole Opry on October 9. After arriving in Nashville, Hinckley suddenly changed his mind about shooting Carter and returned to the airport and checked in his baggage. When it went through the airport’s X-ray machine, a security officer spotted his handguns, and Hinckley was arrested by Nashville police. The guns were confiscated, and Hinckley was fined $62.50.

Hinckley said he “had not been able to psyche himself up to [shooting Carter],” according to the would-be assassin’s psychiatrist, Dr. William T. Carpenter. Carpenter said that after the election, Hinckley “lost interest in Carter and [devoted] his activities and thinking” to Reagan.

Agent Marty Venker said Hinckley changed his mind about shooting Carter after agents guarding the president looked Hinckley in the eye and he “wilted.” James W. Clarke maintains that Hinckley changed his mind around the middle of October, when the media began reporting a likely Reagan victory in the presidential election. Hinckley had persuaded himself that killing a candidate who was about to lose an election would rob him of the notoriety he craved.

Hinckley was not put on the “watch list” after his arrest in Nashville, because handgun arrests happened “all the time,” according to Agent Marty Venker, “and without any reason to link Hinckley with Carter the FBI had no cause to alert the Secret Service.” FBI director William H. Webster defended the FBI’s decision not to tell the

Secret Service of Hinckley’s arrest at the Nashville airport. Testifying before the House Judiciary subcommittee on April 8, 1981, Webster said, “We don’t want to barrage the Secret Service with excessive information.”

DIFFERENT SOURCE:

First, Hinckley set his sights on Jimmy Carter, who was president of the United States at the time Hinckley started making his plans in fall 1980. Armed with two revolvers, Hinckley flew to Washington, D.C. and posted up in a hotel room just blocks from the White House, but Carter was on the reelection campaign trail, so Hinckley hopped a bus to meet him in Dayton, Ohio on October 2. After Carter finished his speech and descended into the crowd to shake hands with his supporters, Hinckley found himself just a few feet from the president, but Dayton was just a test run to see how close he could get. Satisfied with his experiment, he set off for Nashville, where Carter was scheduled to speak at the Grand Ole Opry on October 9, but the would-be gunman got cold feet. On the way back to Washington, he was arrested at the Nashville airport after security found his guns, but he got off with only a $62.50 fine. Had airport security opened Hinckley's journal, which was in his suitcase next to his guns, they would have learned about his plans to shoot Carter.

ANOTHER SOURCE:

In the summer of 1980, Hinckley informed his parents that he had a new career goal, writing.  He asked his parents to pay for writing course at Yale.  Hinckley never intended to enroll in writing course; his interest in visiting New Haven centered on one of Yale's undergraduates: Jodie Foster.  With $3,600 of his parents' money and promising to work diligently at Yale, Hinckley set off for Connecticut on September 17.

Not surprisingly, Hinckley failed in his efforts to win the love of Jodie Foster.  Too shy to approach her in person, Hinckley left letters and poems in her mailbox and talked to her twice--awkwardly--over the phone.

Soon after his disappointment at Yale, Hinckley began to stalk President Carter at campaign appearances.  In a three-day period, Hinckley visited three cities where Carter rallies were held: Washington, D. C., Columbus, and Dayton.  Although assassinating the President was clearly on his mind, Hinckley explained later that at that time he was unable to get himself into "a frame of mind where he could actually carry out the act."  Video taken in Dayton showed Hinckley to have gotten within twenty feet of the President.

For the next few weeks, Hinckley continued to fly frenetically around the country.  He reappeared in New Haven, then flew to Lincoln, Nebraska on October 6, where he hoped to meet with "one of the leading ideologicians" of the American Nazi Party.  The hoped-for meeting never took place.  From Lincoln it was on to Nashville, for another Carter campaign stop.  Security officers at the Nashville airport arrested Hinckley for carrying handguns in his suitcase, and confiscated both the guns and handcuffs also found in his luggage.  Hinckley paid a fine and was released.  After yet another short visit to Yale, Hinckley flew to Dallas, where he purchased more handguns.  Then Hinckley boarded a flight for Washington, continuing his trailing of Carter.

On October 20, his $3,600 exhausted, Hinckley flew home to Colorado, where his parents expressed strong disappointment in his failure to carry out his promises.  After Hinckley overdosed on antidepressant medication, the Hinckleys arranged for their son to meet with a local psychiatrist, Dr. John Hopper.  Hopper met with Hinckley several times over the course of the next four months, but learned nothing of Hinckley's thoughts of assassination and little of his obsession with Foster.  Hopper urged JoAnn and Jack Hinckley to push John toward emotional and financial independence.

YET ANOTHER:

Looking for a target, Hinckley first picked Jimmy Carter.

Hinckley first pursued President Jimmy Carter. He attended a campaign rally for the president in Dayton, Ohio. In October 1980, he was arrested at the Nashville International Airport after three pistols were discovered in his suitcase on the same day Carter visited the city. Following Reagan’s victory the following month, Hinckley made the recently elected president his new target. On a postcard of Reagan’s inauguration that he addressed to Foster, Hinckley wrote, “One day you and I will occupy the White House and the peasants will drool with envy.”

MOAR SOURCES:

John Hinckley stalked Carter in Dayton before shooting Reagan

INVESTIGATORS THINK HINCKLEY STALKED CARTER

Hinckley stalked Carter in Tennessee - Rutherford County ...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Well, 1500 nut jobs speak for 10s of millions of voters and an entire political party here, so, about right.  

Called to action, IN REAL-TIME, by THE LEADER OF THE PARTY. THE LEADER OF THE PARTY. NOT A FRINGE NUTJOB, the actual mother fucking PRESIDENT. He LITERALLY DOES speak for the party. That’s how this shit works. Sorry it makes you uncomfortable; maybe rethink your position in the world.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Prove that he was a "fan" of Carter, because you seem to be sorely misinformed or a liar.

Misinformed, it appears.  Must have burned out those brain cells at some point.  My recollection was he was a Carter fan.   Y’all motherfukers lived it, I only learned it (I hope correctly initially) but got it completely wrong here.  

eta: apologies to @jimmyjazz on this one.   

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Called to action, IN REAL-TIME, by THE LEADER OF THE PARTY. THE LEADER OF THE PARTY. NOT A FRINGE NUTJOB, the actual mother fucking PRESIDENT. He LITERALLY DOES speak for the party. That’s how this shit works. Sorry it makes you uncomfortable; maybe rethink your position in the world.

Yeah but fuck that guy.  That’s been the stance of many of the GOP since day 2.  I don’t expect you to know each posters specific history on every subject, but my thoughts on him are in the surly annals. 

• Fuck You 1