Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, statsman said:

I’m asking because it has been proposed that ESPN/ABC is overpaying the B12 thru 2031 to facilitate Texas and OU leaving to the SEC. Evidence to support that would be if Fox were not paying more than before. I can’t understand why every report of the B12 contract states the combined amount the two different companies pay, when obviously they are two separate contracts. 

They're not overpaying to facilitate the move.    The move was facilitated by Fox getting Michigan/Texas.   Most reports are that after the Pac decided to go to market, the B12 accepted a discount to lock in more slots and marketing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I mean, this is what our stadium looked like at the end of the Big 8 and for a few more years into the Big 12. We had piss troughs that were spray painted before each season to cover up the stains. Pat Jones has said that on campus visits included the entire campus, except the stadium. 

Lewis Field | Baseball stadium, Football stadiums, Go pokes

Whoever designed the wall that close to the field when the stadium was that size needs to be shot by Pistol Pete in the parking lot.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I mean, this is what our stadium looked like at the end of the Big 8 and for a few more years into the Big 12. We had piss troughs that were spray painted before each season to cover up the stains. Pat Jones has said that on campus visits included the entire campus, except the stadium. 

Lewis Field | Baseball stadium, Football stadiums, Go pokes

img836-M.jpg

American_football_at_jack_trice_stadium.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

He's gonna be at CU for less than 5 years, and they probably won't be in the Big 12 until '25 anyhow.

Where they gonna go? They don't bring enough money for the B1G or SEC IMO (and I'm a Buffs fan - did my MS there). 

12 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Where they gonna go? They don't bring enough money for the B1G or SEC IMO (and I'm a Buffs fan - did my MS there). 

Prime will not be at CU long.

Assuming CU announces they’re joining the Big 12 this week, I assume they have 2 more seasons in Pac

8 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Prime will not be at CU long.

Assuming CU announces they’re joining the Big 12 this week, I assume they have 2 more seasons in Pac

Ignore me. I was reading too fast and thought you were saying CU wouldn't be in the Big XII until '35.

Does this cause the B1G to make a move for some Pac-12 schools? If there is a panic exit situation, does the B1G offer Oregon & Washington rather than letting them sign a  contract with the Big 12? Maybe grab Stanford as well, and tell ND joining with us is your only chance to play teams like Stanford & USC going forward? 

2 hours ago, statsman said:

And now, your stadium is the worst in the B12, with dangerously small sidelines, endangering players on and off the field. 

I don’t intend to be insulting, but just stating a fact. 

And goddam facing the wrong direction….

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Maybe the other team is Oregon? I could see BIG telling them it’s not happening and they prefer UW and Stanford. Cal too if ND joins.

Oregon is definitely a take for the Big 10. Oregon, Washington, Utah, and ND would all fit their AAU standards. 

4 hours ago, statsman said:

CU was consistently the #3 TV draw in the old Big 8. Mizzou was consistently the #4 TV draw in the old Big 8. Do the PAC and SEC have warm feelings when they tuck in at night, secure that they nabbed the Buffs and Tigers? I don’t know that being the #3 in the B12 is such a big deal, with TAMU, NU, CU and Mizzou gone  

Like the old Bill Hicks bit about the Gulf War and how everyone was worried about Iraq having the world's 4th largest army. 

"After the first three, it a pretty big fucking drop-off."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

There's something really shitty with a bottom feeder like Colorado, who has jumped from 2 conferences in under 15 years, having a landing spot and Oregon and Washington being left in a dying conference. 

They can join the Big 12 at any time.

• Hook 'Em 6