Austin love triangle murder

HornPhD

2 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

I'm feeling emotions for this one as I followed it closely from the start. That family gets a little closure and that bitch can't escape now.

Me too. Poor Mo and her family/friends. Sentencing begins today at 3:55 pm and there will be no cameras. Too bad. I wanted to watch that cunt squirm while Mo’s family and friends give powerful impact statements and any impact statements the prosecutors want to present. Fuck her. I’ve spent time around victims of true crime and they can’t even process Mo’s death because of the trial/arrest etc…it’s horrific for the victims loved ones. Horrible. 

so sentencing at 3:55 pm today but won’t be televised. So unfair. But I’m glad Judge is preserving the defendant’s rights. I just wanted to watch that cunt squirm. At least be forced to listen to how she’s hurt Mo’s friends and family whether she cares or not…she still has to listen, be made to sit there and listen. 

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So realistically what is her sentence? 

I’m think 20 to life? Not sure. Sentencing is today so I’m guessing the defense puts on some people as well as the state. Depends on any aggravating factors and what if anything Kaitlin says. I think she says nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, usmc0331horn said:

That poor girl, Cash. She's gone through so much and then had to testify. I really feel for her.

Yep. Gave CPR to her dead friend for minutes in a futile effort to save her. Very very sad. She doesn’t even want to be known by Cash anymore. Very sad. Over a dbag guy because Kaitlin couldn’t get a grip and break up with him and move on. 

Just now, Deej said:

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

Family members damnit. I give up. 

• Haha 1

Victim impact statements are happening now. If Kaitlin had murdered Colin, my guess is there’d be more sympathy for her since he’s a douche but she murdered a lovely woman, a cycling prodigy who just had the misfortune of knowing Colin Strickland and unfortunately dating him briefly. 

This kind of stuff is what I am talking about. After an acquaintance was murdered, I had the opportunity to meet with her friends and family, and the family members and friends of the killer’s other victims. It was honor to me them but heartbreaking at the same time. The killer was still murdering women in Baton Rouge when I met them. They were broken people. They couldn’t even grieve because he hadn’t been caught. Even after he was caught they had to sit through trial and hear appeals. It is in many ways a death sentence. One that they face daily as long as the defendant is still alive. And there is no closure. Only trying to move on without your loved one. I hope Kaitlin is squirming during all this testimony. She’s a POS and I don’t care if her boyfriend screwed half of Austin and lied to her—grow up and have some pride and break up with the guy and move on with your life. She wanted to end Mo and she did out of some misplaced desire for revenge, jealousy and hatred. Her parents clearly don’t get it either. Colin was a bad boyfriend. He may have gaslighted her and ghosted her and lied to her and omitted many many things but she was in control of her actions. And fuck her. I hope she gets life. No remorse whatsoever. I hope Kaitlin speaks and accepts responsibility but I fucking doubt it. It’s obvious they will continue the appeals process (as is part of the process and also her right.) 

• Hook 'Em 1

YES!!!! I love she has to listen to Karen Wilson, Mo’s mother, right now. I love it. Sorry yoga but psycho bitch but life is now over for you. Over a damn guy. All the crying from the fucking defendant’s family is pissing me off—/she is still alive and they can visit her and put money in her commissary account. 

23 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Me too. Poor Mo and her family/friends. Sentencing begins today at 3:55 pm and there will be no cameras. Too bad. I wanted to watch that cunt squirm while Mo’s family and friends give powerful impact statements and any impact statements the prosecutors want to present. Fuck her. I’ve spent time around victims of true crime and they can’t even process Mo’s death because of the trial/arrest etc…it’s horrific for the victims loved ones. Horrible. 

Well you can't drown a bunch of people in Town Lake without being around victims of true crime.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

After Kaitlin was sentenced both Cash and Karen spoke. It was very powerful what was both said. Kaitlin’s sister was sobbing the whole time in the background. Shut the fuck up. Kaitlin is alive and she premeditated a cold blooded murder of her perceived rival. Below is what Mo’s mother said:

Text of the Tweet or whatever the fuck we are calling X that I soon won’t be a part of but this was the only way to get the details of this particular trial:

her words:

She first thanks the Judge for giving her the opportunity to speak.

"Kaitlin Armstrong. I'm not sure my words can penetrate your heart, but I'm going to try. I hate what you did to my beautiful daughter. It was very selfish and cowardly. That violent act on May 11. It was cowardly because you never chose to face her woman to woman in a civil conversation. She would have listened. She was an amazing listener. She would have cared about your feelings...if you allowed yourself to actually know her, you never, ever would have wanted to hurt her. This never would have happened. You and Colin could have had a beautiful life together. You destoryed that. You ruined your life. Your family's life. Our lives, and crushed the lives of many more. When you shot Moriah in the heart, you shot me in my heart. You shot Eric and Matt in the heart...you will have to live with your choices and its consequences just like all of us do on this planet because you are a human being, created in the image of God. I pray for your healing. The only way that can begin is to admit your guilt. Only your actions can seek forgiveness. And not just from us, but most importantly, from your creator. Jesus is your very best friend. He is the one who can cover this sin because he is the only righteous one who suffered on his behalf... only you can choose to cry out to him and be redeemed. He can melt your heart of stone with his unconditional love, mercy and grace. It's up to you. There is no winner in this story. Your actions have caused all sides to suffer. There is a ripple effect of sorrow upon sorrow upon sorrow. Moriah is free of this sorrow, though. She is more alive today than any of us here."

• Like 2

Cash’s testimony is too hard to cut and paste but she spoke about coming home and finding her friend in that condition and not realizing Mo couldn’t be saved and pumping her chest for ten minutes until help arrived and then being confused that Mo wasn’t being immediately taken to the hospital. Then being told Mo was dead and being covered in Mo’s blood for three hours while she was questioned at the police station. Then finally getting to wash Mo’s blood off and realizing that as the blood hit the water that was essentially the last of her friend. It was heartbreaking to hear and watch her. 

I don’t think Kaitlin gives a fuck. Her parents and sister, who just kept sobbing the ENTIRE TIME, Karen Wilson and Cash spoke, just truly don’t get it. She’s where she needs to be and she is a murderer without remorse. They can still visit her, write her letters and put money in her account. 

Even guilty of a heinous crime, if my daughter or sister were going to prison the rest of her life and I would never be able to see her outside of a visitation room, I would be pretty upset and shed some tears.  A lot of lives were ruined the day Mo was murdered.  I don't feel sorry for Kaitlin, I do feel sorry for Mo, her family and Kaitlin's parents...in that order.  

Edited by Matuka
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Matuka said:

Even guilty of a heinous crime, if my daughter or sister was going to prison the rest of her life and I would never be able to see her outside of a visitation room, I would be pretty upset and shed some tears.  A lot of lives were ruined the day Mo was murdered.  I don't feel sorry for Kaitlin, I do feel sorry for Mo, her family and Kaitlin's parents...in that order.  

I do hurt for Kaitlin’s family it’s just her father was very vocal about her being framed and Rush to judgment and all that and then the judge imposed a gag order. Kaitlin either stole or borrowed her sister’s passport. Christie said in court yesterday she respected the verdict when the State questioned her (she was talking on Kaitlin’s behalf after the verdict but prior to sentencing) and said she didn’t give her sister her passport but it took some prying. I know 90 years is shocking and upsetting. They cried their way out of the courtroom yesterday after the verdict.

Mo’s family and friends were always silent. Even before the gag order was issued. Today was their chance to tell Kaitlin what she did to them when she murdered Mo and Christie is wailing the whole time in the background. It just bothered me for some reason. Maybe after they heard all the evidence they accept she’s guilty but there was a shitload of posturing from Kaitlin’s family prior to the gag order. I know yesterday both Kaitlin’s father and sister said they were very sorry for Mo’s family and friends and what her family was going through was far worse than what they were experiencing. That was very nice of them. 

Maybe they were hoping for some evidence to show she couldn’t have done it. Maybe it became clear to them when Kaitlin chose not to testify on her own behalf. I don’t know. It’s just I can’t imagine what they are going through but damn she tried to fucking escape three weeks or so ago. 

I really don't get 90-year sentences.  I suppose it affects the eligibility-for-parole date, but otherwise, it's life, why call it anything else?

Our sentences are stupid-long.  The maximum should be life without parole, next down from that, life with parole and  the next step down should probably be no longer than 50 years.  That's damn close to an effective life sentence anyway.

Parole dates need to be adjusted relative to something other than the length of the sentence in years.

This business of doling out life sentences in a finite term of years is just silly and I think it feeds something nasty in society.  A 300 year sentence and even 90 years, just ought not be possible.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I really don't get 90-year sentences.  I suppose it affects the eligibility-for-parole date, but otherwise, it's life, why call it anything else?

Our sentences are stupid-long.  The maximum should be life without parole, next down from that, life with parole and  the next step down should probably be no longer than 50 years.  That's damn close to an effective life sentence anyway.

Parole dates need to be adjusted relative to something other than the length of the sentence in years.

This business of doling out life sentences in a finite term of years is just silly and I think it feeds something nasty in society.  A 300 year sentence and even 90 years, just ought not be possible.

Agree in most cases. But think of it like this. the state now has a Yoga instructor with nothing to do except teach yoga for free. 

Just saving tax payers some dollars

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_1959.png.a8437bafcf4f7ceb2efc2a315ca0debe.png

Inka - it ain’t over till the fat cyclist sings

And notice, he has DNA all over the same places KA did.