2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Seen a lot of speculation lately about the balls being juiced. Home runs are outrageously high. 

I wish we would move the walls back and put the batter’s eye back in play at the Disch. Seems like our games at home are turning into MLB baseball with all the HRs

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I wish we would move the walls back and put the batter’s eye back in play at the Disch. Seems like our games at home are turning into MLB baseball with all the HRs

The wind didn’t help this year. Blew straight out for pretty much 2 months straight.

Have never seen wind like that at the Disch before this year. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

The wind didn’t help this year. Blew straight out for pretty much 2 months straight.

Have never seen wind like that at the Disch before this year. 

It’s always been windy there but the across the outfield right to left was insane. Pop ups to center were turning into 400ft home runs to the alley

8 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Believe it or not, we're around top-25 in the country in ERA. Not sure where we'd be if you take out Hansen and Gordon, but probably still around average.  Pitching is pretty atrocious all around the country this year.

Its a big drop off after the top 5-6.

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

No reason to think Stewart and Morehouse can't be big contributors. 

Next year.

Except I thought the same about Eckhardt.

Morehouse maybe if he cleans up some stuff. I’ve seen nothing from Stewart to make me believe he will ever be a player here. As a pitcher you usually bite as a pup.

The entire recruiting class last year can basically be thrown in the trash can besides Whitehead, Harrison and Kash. And we only signed like 9 guys.

Edited by Hookem2147

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The powers that be will not allow it to stay like this for very long.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Currently playing game in Arlington down 8-0 in the 6th inning, and Surly breaks out into a discussion on HR's at the Disch...

Gotta Love Surly...

giphy.gif

Yeah guys lets go back to talking about our elite bullpen and getting run ruled

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Four times Texas gets 2 runners on, and still no runs after 6 innings...

Not good

As many stat geeks as we have on Surly, I'm hoping one will look up the most times that has ever been done by a team getting shut out through six innings. Let's just hope the shutout is only for six.