Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Pretty sure we want DBU. 

They have very erratic starting pitching. I'm not sure who they would even start against us because recently they've been trying bullpen arms because their starting pitching is so bad. 

Need to see who they start tonight against LA Tech.  

DBU has had several Omaha caliber teams over the last 8 years or so.

This team is not one of them. I agree that I think I prefer DBU tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

DBU has had several Omaha caliber teams over the last 8 years or so.

This team is not one of them. I agree that I think I prefer DBU tomorrow.

LA Tech has 3 starters with a sub 4 ERA. 

DBU really has nobody that starts with a sub 4 ERA unless they're going to start a bullpen arm. Which may be their only chance to beat Texas. I think we definitely want Dallas Baptist. 

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This was the first postseason game I've been to. Good stuff. 

I think my first that I remember was the 2000 super against Penn St. 

Theres nothing else quite like the tradition of excellence and the expectation. You can feel it in the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 3

DBU is starting Bubba Hall again. Made his first start in the conference tournament last week. That should give you an idea of how bad DBU's pitching has been recently. Their Friday guy is only getting his 2nd start. 

If DBU wins this I guess we would face Johnson (FR with a 4.30 ERA). 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

DBU is starting Bubba Hall again. Made his first start in the conference tournament last week. That should give you an idea of how bad DBU's pitching has been recently. Their Friday guy is only getting his 2nd start. 

If DBU wins this I guess we would face Johnson (FR with a 4.30 ERA). 

So what's their deal? Do they hit really well or something?

44 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Theres nothing else quite like the tradition of excellence and the expectation. You can feel it in the stadium.

You can and you can see opposing teams wilt under the pressure.  AF did a little bit and Penn St for sure did.  I think they had 4 or 5 errors on bunts that series

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So what's their deal? Do they hit really well or something?

They've been really bad for 2 months. Their deal is they haven't been good since the start of the season. 

Had they not played the #1 nonconference strength of the schedule they likely wouldn't even been in the postseason. D1 baseball didn't have them in their regional projections. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, WBT said:

You can and you can see opposing teams wilt under the pressure.  AF did a little bit and Penn St for sure did.  I think they had 4 or 5 errors on bunts that series

AF for sure did today. It's just different. I wonder if it's almost worse for them having played here earlier this year. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They've been really bad for 2 months. Their deal is they haven't been good since the start of the season. 

Had they not played the #1 nonconference strength of the schedule they likely wouldn't even been in the postseason. D1 baseball didn't have them in their regional projections. 

Member a month ago when we were going to have to go to their regional?  I member. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I have never been more proud of a club than the 2000 team. We had not been to Omaha since 1993 and had weakly flamed out every time since. And we were in the losers bracket and looked to be going that way again and then suddenly we didn't, storming back to shock ASU at their place. Hosting our first Super Regional and going to Omaha for the first time in what seemed like forever.

Sure we went 0-2 when we got there but it signalled our time in the baseball wilderness was over.

• Hook 'Em 4

First inning today reminded me of that Penn State game -- the atmosphere was simply too big for them.

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure but the unexpected part was beating Arizona State. That was all us.

Wasn't that the coming out party for Regional Ray Clark?  I could be getting my years mixed up.  Anyway, we need a pitcher to step up like that this year.