moar! Jon Hamm in leading role...Fargo S5

mchookem

14 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Linda was a dream. Sheriff Roy probably got the call from the wreck since it seems she drove out to his territory.

Correct. Sherriff Roy is going to get notified if there's a major accident in his county. A routine accident report at the hospital would reveal it's Nadine within minutes. 

Shit got real tonight. I'm afraid it's all gonna end too fast. Suspect we're looking at ten episodes, so there's that. Could actually end in nine. Who knows. Would just as soon have last week's episode condensed and more where this story is finally headed. There's a load of shit coming down on someone. In fact, it's already underway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Roy needs to die horribly. Loved how Danish fucked up that debate.

Roy did not see that coming. Unfortunately for Danish, neither did he.

• Hook 'Em 1

ETA

That was a hard episode to watch; gonna need some time to process.  This season is very dark (nttawwt) and on track to be the best Fargo yet.  Roy and Gator I'm gonna be real glad to see die.  Roy's wife #3 is a goner of a person too.

41 minutes ago, Parliament said:

ETA

That was a hard episode to watch; gonna need some time to process.  This season is very dark (nttawwt) and on track to be the best Fargo yet.  Roy and Gator I'm gonna be real glad to see die.  Roy's wife #3 is a goner of a person too.

You skipped Seasons 1 and 2. Cool. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Can still see Roy being killed by:

Dot. More likely now that Lorraine saves her from Roy. Could be Dot won't kill anyone - or maybe Roy's son (10% chance)

Dot's daughter, Scotty - comes outta nowhere and plants an axe in the back of Roy's head just as he's ready to crush mom's windpipe. Then we discover she is Roy's daughter

Lorraine. Talks dirty to Roy. Sits on Roy's kitchen table and spreads her legs. No underwear. He can't resist, pulls down pants, gets castrated and staggers off into snowy woods leaving trail of blood. Found frozen ala Jack Nicholson

Dot's goofy assed husband. Has devine revelation. Figures it all out just in time. Really pissed off

Token Deputy Witt Farr - Roy tries to pull that quick draw shit on Witt, but nobody knew the deputy was some kind of trophy winning quick draw motherfucker. He blows Roy's brains out

Hot deputy Indira. They have epic battle with Roy getting the upper hand twice. She pulls one out of the fire. Maybe she bites his tongue off, then deballs him.

Least likely way for Roy to die: tank shell takes off his head (but it would be an interesting twist).

We know who's gonna kill his son. I'm thinking afterwards Roy has epic battle with Munch, and wins cuz he's such a mean motherfucker. He makes Munch look like  a choir boy. Wood chipper scene? Osterizer? Hot stove? Electric turkey carver?

I want to know more about Roy's secret hiding place. Body count.

Until last night I was just hoping for Roy and Gator to die slow agonizing deaths. List has expanded now to Roy wife #3, all his spawn, and his asshole old man.

Lars should just have his worthless dick removed with a sand wedge. The show always has an oddball death so maybe he stumbled into some Darwinian bamboozlery. It was good to see Indira strip down; her hot bod has been buried in those Minnesota cop in winter clothes.

Timelines with Scotty is she belongs to Wayne. Left Roy 11 years ago, Scotty is 9.

I don’t know why Danish ignored numerous calls from Lorraine and then went to the ranch alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Until last night I was just hoping for Roy and Gator to die slow agonizing deaths. List has expanded now to Roy wife #3, all his spawn, and his asshole old man.

Lars should just have his worthless dick removed with a sand wedge. The show always has an oddball death so maybe he stumbled into some Darwinian bamboozlery. It was good to see Indira strip down; her hot bod has been buried in those Minnesota cop in winter clothes.

Timelines with Scotty is she belongs to Wayne. Left Roy 11 years ago, Scotty is 9.

I don’t know why Danish ignored numerous calls from Lorraine and then went to the ranch alone.

"bag of bolts for brains" was a pretty good line

• Like 2

I presume he didn't call her because he figured she'd tell him to do something bad, and Danish wasn't about that.  He really elevated himself in that episode.

ETA

I'm torn on Roy wife #3.  We know she's being abused and is trying to save herself and her kids.  Roy was about to paint his Mona Lisa with his fists.  On her face.  Totally wrong to turn him onto Dot of course, but you understand why she would.  

Been thinking back about how often domestic violence is portrayed on TV, even on the streamers that don't have FTC rules.  Seems very rare you see a man punch a woman.  Seems it crosses a line that we just don't wanna see.  (Other than HBO and Showtime I imagine.  Lotsa degen shows there.)

Edited by Parliament

I think this season has been stretched a bit to make it to ten episodes, so there's a bit of filler, especially the last few episodes. Still a strong season, but it feels like they could have done this in eight episodes instead of ten. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think this season has been stretched a bit to make it to ten episodes, so there's a bit of filler, especially the last few episodes. Still a strong season, but it feels like they could have done this in eight episodes instead of ten. 

Why don’t you just read the episode blurbs on IMDb and you’re fine in three minutes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I lived in the twin cities for 18 years and just realized Scandia is actually a real suburb.  Granted, I lived on the SW burb side and Scandia is NW but it makes me wonder WTF I was doing there the whole time.

And yes, I have been to both Chaska and White Bear Lake (go bears!).

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I lived in the twin cities for 18 years and just realized Scandia is actually a real suburb.  Granted, I lived on the SW burb side and Scandia is NW but it makes me wonder WTF I was doing there the whole time.

And yes, I have been to both Chaska and White Bear Lake (go bears!).

You know a place outside of Brainerd where I can get laid?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Genco said:

You know a place outside of Brainerd where I can get laid?

You a little fella?  Kinda funny looking?

And it's too late to edit original post but Scandia is NE of the cities, not NW like I put for some reason.  Don't need a bunch of Minnesotans correcting me passive aggressively.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:29 AM, RPM said:

Roy did not see that coming. Unfortunately for Danish, neither did he.

gotta sleep with one eye open.

On 1/4/2024 at 8:20 AM, Parliament said:

I'm torn on Roy wife #3.  We know she's being abused and is trying to save herself and her kids.  Roy was about to paint his Mona Lisa with his fists.  On her face.  Totally wrong to turn him onto Dot of course, but you understand why she would.  

she's gonna snap and be the one that kills him.

Dot is too obvious. Deserving, but not how this show rolls.

So many call backs to the movie and past seasons, so Dot’s husband could be on deck (season 2?) for the kill.

My money is on Gator. Dot planted the seed.

14 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I think the Sin Eater Weirdo gets Gator during their next scene. 

The trailer showed him pinning him on the ground with his hand on his face IIRC. No kill if that’s what Sin Eater wants.

And I think he wants to use Gator for revenge.

Edited by Mach 1

It'll be Scotty. She's almost certainly Roy's daughter and the whole multi-generational trauma of domestic violence thing. 

It might be Scotty as she’s learned some badassery from mom and grandma. But there’s a math hole for her to be Roy’s as she’s 9 and Dot left 11 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It might be Scotty as she’s learned some badassery from mom and grandma. But there’s a math hole for her to be Roy’s as she’s 9 and Dot left 11 years ago.

Yeah, she ain’t Roy’s kid.  She’s Wayne’s, and ergo Lorraine’s granddaughter.  3rd generation badass female 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I went back over the weekend and started watching Season 1 again.  It's pretty damn good.  I think I've got a couple episodes to go, but it's better than I had thought when I tried to watch it the first time.

Just finished season 1 again myself.

I rewatched to guage if Malvo is a more despicable bad guy than Sherrif Roy.  Probably  a discussion worth having once season 5 finishes and we have body counts and womens beaten numbers in.

My preliminary feeling is that the sherrif is worse: serial woman abuser and kills for no reason sometimes.

Malvo is an opportunist kind of does extra assholish things for no reason just to make trouble.