2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah but his staffs at san jac kicked us. We’re set dude. Think we just found our new skip 

They've always kicked ass but that's primarily because of talent acquisition. Every year they have a bunch of D1 pitchers on their roster. 

Which I guess is a positive with Williams because pitchers like Chris Stuart take good evaluations and an eye for talent. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They've always kicked ass but that's primarily because of talent acquisition. Every year they have a bunch of D1 pitchers on their roster. 

Which I guess is a positive with Williams because pitchers like Chris Stuart take good evaluations and an eye for talent. 

And I’m fully expecting Alaniz to join the staff. I know. I know south park beat a dead horse GIF

Just now, Fletch said:

That would make sense actually. Think TS12 was a little older though 

I'm definitely older than TS12. 

We used to argue on twitter all the time about politics until I got bored. Somebody said I was your sock a few months ago which makes more sense based on how we post. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ricky said in the softball thread he's like 57. 

Not quite that old but close. 

TS12 had to be in his 20s or 30s and we disagreed on everything other than Longhorn sports. As much as he hates Republicans and the Astros it's funny to me that anyone could think I'm his sock. 

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm definitely older than TS12. 

We used to argue on twitter all the time about politics until I got bored. Somebody said I was your sock a few months ago which makes more sense based on how we post. 

No I mean @Hookem2147  thought they might be the same dude. Think hookem is younger than TS12 though. Could be wrong. Carry on 

• Haha 1

Only thing I don’t like about this is Williams likely would have come in the volunteer spot if we wanted him to and then we could have used the other paid spot for a recruiter. Don’t think this staff is fully maximized with Rodriguez and Williams being the two coaches on the road, but I guess we will see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fletch said:

No I mean @Hookem2147  thought they might be the same dude. Think hookem is younger than TS12 though. Could be wrong. Carry on 

I've been called hookem2147's sock also so I guess this is a gangbang. 

I do think both have good information about Texas sports but with TS12 we were just too opposed on politics and pro sports. He really hates Houston sports almost as much as he hates aggy. 

I don't know enough about hookem2147 yet but something about my posting style made others think I was him. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Only thing I don’t like about this is Williams likely would have come in the volunteer spot if we wanted him to and then we could have used the other paid spot for a recruiter. Don’t think this staff is fully maximized with Rodriguez and Williams being the two coaches on the road, but I guess we will see what happens.

I mean Alaniz has to be part of this plan. And hopefully David Freese

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I've been called hookem2147's sock also so I guess this is a gangbang. 

I do think both have good information about Texas sports but with TS12 we were just too opposed on politics and pro sports. He really hates Houston sports almost as much as he hates aggy. 

I don't know enough about hookem2147 yet but something about my posting style made others think I was him. 

Y’all’s posting styles aren’t similar at all. Whoever said that is just flat wrong

I hate Houston sports too 🖕🖕

31 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

For my two cents, if Williams doesn’t make significant improvement then It’s time to move on from Pierce.

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

For my two cents, if Williams doesn’t make significant improvement then It’s time to move on from Pierce.

Pierce is on borrowed time. He was our what, 10th choice? He whiffed on these hires while our rivals seem to be starting their engines...

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

What’s your definition of significant improvement?

For me, it goes deeper than just looking at ERA. I want to see guys like Sthele, Harrison, Gordon, Duplantier and LBJ take the next step. They all have the stuff. If he can get some consistency out of that group and we see noticeable strides from pitchers year over year, we have made a good hire.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The guy I have blocked on twitter? 

You do realize I'm an Astros fan and Republican right? Whatever you do don't follow his twitter if you think that's me. 

Bro c’mon we all know it’s you. You don’t even have to admit to it but we all know how you post on here and how you like to go months back to find tweets to post on here to prove your points. It’s so obvious it’s you bro you don’t have to create an elaborate backstory about being a republican. Also can we stop bringing up Skenes on here it’s such a fucking moot point. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Bro c’mon we all know it’s you. You don’t even have to admit to it but we all know how you post on here and how you like to go months back to find tweets to post on here to prove your points. It’s so obvious it’s you bro you don’t have to create an elaborate backstory about being a republican. Also can we stop bringing up Skenes on here it’s such a fucking moot point. 

Hello Revolution. 

Did you really create another sock to mistakenly call me another sock? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

18 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

14 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Pierce is on borrowed time. He was our what, 10th choice? He whiffed on these hires while our rivals seem to be starting their engines...

Y’all are nuts. We just hired a great hitting and pitching coach after going to Omaha 3 of the last 4 years. More assistants are on the way too. And hopefully our overlords get that baseball NIL set up so we can do our part.

name 5 other coaches you’d rather have than Pierce right now 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, davi34 said:

I’m convinced people on this board would have been calling for Augie’s head before he ever got the horns to Omaha had it existed then lol

They were trying to run Augie off before he got to Omaha in year 5.  They also restarted with the DUI bullshit.  So they've always been here.  Stupid is constant I guess.

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, petscii said:

They were trying to run Augie off before he got to Omaha in year 5.  They also restarted with the DUI bullshit.  So they've always been here.  Stupid is constant I guess.

regional year 3, CWS year 4, regional year 5,  won it all year 6....

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, petscii said:

Though honestly I wish Augie stepped down in 2012 and handed it over to skip but who gives a shit. We just got 2 badass assistants that are gonna wreck shit here with Pierce 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Lulz. If it’s not you, it’s incredibly coincidental you two post the exact same way in all the same threads he used to post in. 

I honestly don’t see the similarity man. TS12 did like full roster breakdowns and kept up with the stats and whatnot. Ricky just calls it as he sees it 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

15 years, 132 wins, 30 bWAR in the bigs tells me he's forgotten more about pitching than 99.8% of this planet will ever know. 

Winner winner. For some reason our fans want to pretend that being a big name means you know how to develop pitchers despite all the coaches we’ve run through this program 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

And I’m fully expecting Alaniz to join the staff. I know. I know south park beat a dead horse GIF

Alaniz would be great as an assistant, but he has 2 kids. I doubt he could afford to support his family as a volunteer assistant. I don’t see it happening until he can get a paid role

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Winner winner. For some reason our fans want to pretend that being a big name means you know how to develop pitchers despite all the coaches we’ve run through this program 

Our fans? You callin me out, asshole? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Alaniz would be great as an assistant, but he has 2 kids. I doubt he could afford to support his family as a volunteer assistant. I don’t see it happening until he can get a paid role

He can sell weed on the side. There 

3 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Lulz. If it’s not you, it’s incredibly coincidental you two post the exact same way in all the same threads he used to post in. 

I don't know what to tell you but that other poster is definitely you. 

You do realize the reason I post in the Olympic sports forum is because my daughter is track and field athlete right? I've discussed this many times dating back a couple years. You do realize that I'm a Houston fan that is very pro Houston sports in several threads? 

I don't want to derail this thread anymore because this is so pointless when the poster you think I am called me a bitch on twitter. 

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't know what to tell you but that other poster is definitely you. 

You do realize the reason I post in the Olympic sports forum is because my daughter is track and field athlete right? I've discussed this many times dating back a couple years. You do realize that I'm a Houston fan that is very pro Houston sports in several threads? 

I don't want to derail this thread anymore because this is so pointless when the poster you think I am called me a bitch on twitter. 

Dude. I’m going to kill you. Take it to pm’s

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

It’s not a deal at all. His job is to teach pitchers not deal with politics of Texas baseball 

Little known fact, Woody is quite the painter. He’s also gonna be a professor in the art department too

15 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Yes but remember Austin is more affordable than sinton right?   Right?

1 hour ago, davi34 said:

I’m convinced people on this board would have been calling for Augie’s head before he ever got the horns to Omaha had it existed then lol

Oh people on the internet were. Augie wasn't used to it and had a hard time at first with all the intense online criticism actually. That shit didn't happen to him at Fullerton.

• Hook 'Em 2

slightly underwhelmed but if Anderson and Childress said no then I'm not sure there were a lot of other obvious options.  poaching an SEC PC would have been nice just to hurt another team but I'm sure that wouldn't be easy.

the only thing about comparing this to Skip is that he was at Navarro for 12 years and as HC also.

Williams should be able to recruit.  San Jac has usually been good to us so there is that.  Hope it works out.