2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

I still believe there is a real chance Southard gets drafted and leaves, but this is still a good overview of returning guys. Not to be captain obvious here, but new pitching coach hire is going to be huge for these young returning pitchers. A guy like LBJ has the stuff to be closing games next year if he can put it together. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

95% of the time "locker room turmoil" is just bullshit twitter/clickbait.  are there guys that are unhappy sometimes because they aren't playing? sure.  that is every team in America.

I'm more worried about the coaches being on the same page and being excellent in their field of work.  Baylor dude seems like a good hire.  More interested in the pitching coach though.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I still believe there is a real chance Southard gets drafted and leaves, but this is still a good overview of returning guys. Not to be captain obvious here, but new pitching coach hire is going to be huge for these young returning pitchers. A guy like LBJ has the stuff to be closing games next year if he can put it together. 

I think if he comes back and is our Sunday guy or set up man and has a great year, he’ll get drafted much higher next year. He was coming along the last month. Dudes primed for a big year next year 

Just now, dcar00 said:

95% of the time "locker room turmoil" is just bullshit twitter/clickbait.  are there guys that are unhappy sometimes because they aren't playing? sure.  that is every team in America.

I'm more worried about the coaches being on the same page and being excellent in their field of work.  Baylor dude seems like a good hire.  More interested in the pitching coach though.

Exactly. And check the source. @BurntOrange&White is a fucking idiot. Just ask @Burt Macklin

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

There’s legitimate turmoil and drama. This doesn’t seem like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There’s legitimate turmoil and drama. This doesn’t seem like that. 

We’ve seen it with late era Mack, parts of Charlies time here, Herman, last football season, the last few years of Augie, last few years of Barnes and all of  Shaka’s tenure. Yeah. What’s going on here definitely isn’t that 

edit: all the transfers we’ve had weren’t gonna play last year besides kash and maybe Stewart and it wouldn’t surprise me if Pierce pushed em out the door. I think Pierce has his eye on some dudes in the portal, juco, and you know he’s got a grad transfer or 3 lined up. We’re good dudes 

Edited by Fletch

21 hours ago, Fletch said:

Ummmm yes please. @Valmy77 @hobbes2702@Js1 @ztejas @zlavydraand at my big dick players @TrashMaster G @Cajun @B00M and @dcar00, y’all in? 

What is going on here?  

I spend a day on the lake and come back to “big dick players” somethin somethin?  

Somebody catch me up.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

What is going on here?  

I spend a day on the lake and come back to “big dick players” somethin somethin?  

Somebody catch me up.

We’re setting up Texas baseball NIL basically. Wanna spend your money in ways you know will make a difference or just buy tickets to the game and spend $50 on beer and corn dogs

nows the chance to take to put that meth money to good use, Cajun 

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We’ve seen it with late era Mack, parts of Charlies time here, Herman, last football season, the last few years of Augie, last few years of Barnes and all of  Shaka’s tenure. Yeah. What’s going on here definitely isn’t that 

edit: all the transfers we’ve had weren’t gonna play last year besides kash and maybe Stewart and it wouldn’t surprise me if Pierce pushed em out the door. I think Pierce has his eye on some dudes in the portal, juco, and you know he’s got a grad transfer or 3 lined up. We’re good dudes 

I get what you are saying but I don't even think there was a bunch of locker room turmoil in those cases.  maybe some Herman and some Shaka.  Charlie was just incompetent but I think the players wanted to play hard for him.   IMO actual locker room turmoil is very rare.  what you describe above would make it almost common.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I get what you are saying but I don't even think there was a bunch of locker room turmoil in those cases.  maybe some Herman and some Shaka.  Charlie was just incompetent but I think the players wanted to play hard for him.   IMO actual locker room turmoil is very rare.  what you describe above would make it almost common.

Was thinking more sterns and foster types checking out. 2010 and 2012 was probably a cluster fucker in the locker room. The 2013 Barnes team definitely had some issues at the very least. The last few Augie teams had that turmoil feel to it. Last year with Casey and all the other shit, there had to have been some finger pointing and blah blah. 

Fuck it. Who cares. 

This doesn’t feel like turmoil at all. This feels like Pierce looking around and realizing he’s been to Omaha 3 times and gone 0-2 twice. I think brining in baylor dude is a good first step. Same with the transfers we’ve gotten in the last couple days. Got a feeling we’re gonna land a damn good pitching coach then have Alaniz in one of those volunteer assistant to the pitching coach type deals. Gonna be an awesome off-season 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Was thinking more sterns and foster types checking out. 2010 and 2012 was probably a cluster fucker in the locker room. The 2013 Barnes team definitely had some issues at the very least. The last few Augie teams had that turmoil feel to it. Last year with Casey and all the other shit, there had to have been some finger pointing and blah blah. 

Fuck it. Who cares. 

This doesn’t feel like turmoil at all. This feels like Pierce looking around and realizing he’s been to Omaha 3 times and gone 0-2 twice. I think brining in baylor dude is a good first step. Same with the transfers we’ve gotten in the last couple days. Got a feeling we’re gonna land a damn good pitching coach then have Alaniz in one of those volunteer assistant to the pitching coach type deals. Gonna be an awesome off-season 

agreed. there is no turmoil. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We’re setting up Texas baseball NIL basically. Wanna spend your money in ways you know will make a difference or just buy tickets to the game and spend $50 on beer and corn dogs

nows the chance to take to put that meth money to good use, Cajun 

Hey, it’s cocaine.

What do you think I am, a hillbilly?

• Haha 1

Last minute portal entry.     Recruited by Guillemette ?    2B,  played SS in high school.   

Kendall is teasing there will be "big news" today in college baseball ?    No specific team or subject identified.

Edit:  "Guess only" would be approval of 3rd paid coach.

Edited by torre

54 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

The late era Mack teams had some serious issues. I’ve heard directly about those.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The late era Mack teams had some serious issues. I’ve heard directly about those.

Same. Same with the late Augie teams. Some of the dudes on those teams I grew up playing with. Yeah they put in the minimum amount of effort and were high half the time 

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Correct, every team has locker room issues to manage. Not every team has a strong leader who can manage a locker room over an 6 month season.

There wasn’t turmoil I checked with buddies on the team, just a shit ton of disappointment from the whole staff and every player. They went from basically almost winning the whole thing last year if they would’ve got past Miss St, to getting embarrassed in this year’s World Series. It says something when just making Omaha is a disappointment but it’s a good thing Pierce is shaking it up instead of being content. The Tulo loss hurts, every player loved that guy. 

Edited by DoubleQuarterPounder
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Your baseball takes are as bad as your football ones. 

There is no chance BO&W even knew who Steve Rodriguez was before Texas hired him. Any assistant coach in college baseball for that matter. 

He's a moron that thinks he knows what he's talking about. I still cringe seeing his stupidity in the Directors Cup thread. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

There wasn’t turmoil I checked with buddies on the team, just a shit ton of disappointment from the whole staff and every player. They went from basically almost winning the whole thing last year if they would’ve got past Miss St, to getting embarrassed in this year’s World Series. It says something when just making Omaha is a disappointment but it’s a good thing Pierce is shaking it up instead of being content. The Tulo loss hurts, every player loved that guy. 

Ok. Who are you? Had you pegged as a Tennessee troll but buddies on the team?Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Where are you hearing this from? People that are reliable or guys that were on the end of the bench at Baylor?

And who cares what the locker room dynamics were this year. This team overcame a crap ton of adversity so I have a really tough time believing anything in the locker room was outside the ordinary ups and downs you see over the course of a season. If it was that bad you don't make it to Omaha.

Over half the roster is graduating, heading to the draft or already portal'd. Won't even be the same guys on the team next year. If the turmoil was so bad and kids hated the hire so much, the portal is right there. There is nothing stopping players from leaving. They have all the power.

He doesn’t know shit. He’s just posting what idiots on boards like IT are saying. There has been no solid evidence whatsoever of “locker room turmoil”. It has all stems from fans that had their hands in their pants all preseason long with the number 1 ranking and amazing pitching staff etc… Season didn’t turnout liked they had hoped so they need to find a reason why to justify their anger. Coaches leave, players portal and boom, they can manufacture a simple reason as to why we didn’t win the WS. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There is no chance BO&W even knew who Steve Rodriguez was before Texas hired him. Any assistant coach in college baseball for that matter. 

He's a moron that thinks he knows what he's talking about. I still cringe seeing his stupidity in the Directors Cup thread. 

Or Sean Allen. Or anyone on our team besides Hansen, Melendez, Faltine or silas. And I may be giving him too much credit 

• Haha 1

Just now, DoneWithit said:

He doesn’t know shit. He’s just posting what idiots on boards like IT are saying. There has been no solid evidence whatsoever of “locker room turmoil”. It has all stems from fans that had their hands in their pants all preseason long with the number 1 ranking and amazing pitching staff etc… Season didn’t turnout liked they had hoped so they need to find a reason why to justify their anger. Coaches leave, players portal and boom, they can manufacture a simple reason as to why we didn’t win the WS. 

Yeah this is what I’m thinking. Or he’s a Tennessee troll