Trump’s NFL Flag Bullshit Not Going Away

Hugo Stiglitz

The only reason this is an issue is because Colin Kaepernick had the audacity to be black. If I white player had started doing this for any reason whatsoever, the White House wouldn't have said a word.

Our president is a racist and the people who support him politically support racism.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

It’s only an issue because it’s divisive as fuck.  

Mixing race, police brutality, freedom of speech, the flag, patriotism, the military, peaceful protest, AND NFL Football?

It’s a trolls wet dream of a combination to stoke the flames around these issues.

This is Trump’s sacred cow topic now.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Sadly, it’s a winning issue polls wise for him.  So don’t expect an end anytime soon.  It also hurts the NFL, which trump is still pissed at.  His tweets pre running for President about the NFL are nothing but sour grapes ranting about how much the NFL sucks now.  He is pathetic 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Republicans are going to retain control of the house and Trump is going to win re-election because America is full of stupid racists who vote and not-as-stupid non-racists who don't.

lol

couldn't happen to a nicer Cuck, you reap what you sow....morons such as yourself are responsible for the DoTard...what do you tell your children?

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

couldn't happen to a nicer Cuck, you reap what you sow....morons such as yourself are responsible for the DoTard...what do you tell your children?

Ain't shit happening to me, buddy. I'm a white man of very comfortable financial means. It's the morons running Waffle House shifts who hate blacks and Mexicans more than they love themselves as them and their cousins die of opiate overdoses that are fucking themselves over, cucking themselves for an obvious NY huckster.

Love to kill my own chances of success and sabotage my quality of life to own the libs. lol

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Republicans are going to retain control of the house and Trump is going to win re-election because America is full of stupid racists who vote and not-as-stupid non-racists who don't.

lol

Counterpoint: They are going to get their asses handed to them in historic fashion in November.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

The only reason this is an issue is because Colin Kaepernick had the audacity to be black. If I white player had started doing this for any reason whatsoever, the White House wouldn't have said a word.

Our president is a racist and the people who support him politically support racism.

Disagreeing with Kap has nothing to do with his race.

Negged...  first post I've negged on Surly and if I could do it twice I would.  Fuck you and the racist call outs with the broad strokes.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Everything Dennison said in that post is true and the fact that you, of all posters, are so butthurt about it only validates how truthful all of it was.

wrong.

Not butthurt either.

y'all will never understand why Kap is wrong, but go ahead and declare everyone who disagrees with him a racist.

the attempted validation of PC wetdreams never stops.  Troll on, motherfuckers...

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

wrong.

Not butthurt either.

y'all will never understand why Kap is wrong, but go ahead and declare everyone who disagrees with him a racist.

the attempted validation of PC wetdreams never stops.  Troll on, motherfuckers...

You can't even explain coherently why you think he's wrong. 

• Like 1

Slorch, surely you acknowledge that racism does exist.

Here's a question that I hope you'll answer:  Of the folks angry of at the NFL players who take a knee, what % of them have used the word "nigger" recently.

I'm guessing it's 75%+ 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Roseanne did much worse back in the day.

It’s not only about race, but Trump is fine with you thinking it is, he wants to push that division too.  This is about HIM.

It’s about Trump being able to fuse the flag and the military to himself in the eyes of his supporters.

This is psychological warfare and Trump is winning.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

I don't know, slorch.  Didn't Trump say on more than one occasion that "they (the players) should be grateful?"

Grateful to whom?  Grateful for what?  

That comment just stinks of old-school, know-your-place racism.

Personally, I think white guys who inherit a quarter of a billion dollars ought to be grateful, but that's just me.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Slorch, surely you acknowledge that racism does exist.

Here's a question that I hope you'll answer:  Of the folks angry of at the NFL players who take a knee, what % of them have used the word "nigger" recently.

I'm guessing it's 75%+ 

I don't know anybody who is angry about NFL players taking a knee.  I don't know anybody who has used the word "nigger" recently.  I know many who have reduced their NFL viewing.  My viewing went from about 30 games per year to about 3.

• Like 1

Just now, TahoeHorn said:

I don't know anybody who is angry about NFL players taking a knee.  I don't know anybody who has used the word "nigger" recently.  I know many who have reduced their NFL viewing.  My viewing went from about 30 games per year to about 3.

Not one single person on here believes your first two sentences.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ain't shit happening to me, buddy. I'm a white man of very comfortable financial means. It's the morons running Waffle House shifts who hate blacks and Mexicans more than they love themselves as them and their cousins die of opiate overdoses that are fucking themselves over, cucking themselves for an obvious NY huckster.

Love to kill my own chances of success and sabotage my quality of life to own the libs. lol

who are you kidding?  He dominates your head every day and in everything you read and participate in...it's glorious to watch you suffer and then deflect with your one liners and multiple socks...David.

I do love some leftist message board folks speaking on behalf of all minorities. Spoke with a bunch of brave men and women of all colors at Warriors weekend in Port O recently.  They almost to a person support the message behind the protest and categorically disagree with method of delivery.  I guess they were all racist son of a bitches.

Again, if the NFL players actually cared about the message they pretend to promote, they would simply change the delivery method as to not offend those they wish to motivate.  Their conviction is that of a child, "I'm going to keep doing it because you told me not too."

How do you explain this to your children?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

who are you kidding?  He dominates your head every day and in everything you read and participate in...it's glorious to watch you suffer and then deflect with your one liners and multiple socks...David.

I do love some leftist message board folks speaking on behalf of all minorities. Spoke with a bunch of brave men and women of all colors at Warriors weekend in Port O recently.  They almost to a person support the message behind the protest and categorically disagree with method of delivery.  I guess they were all racist son of a bitches.

Again, if the NFL players actually cared about the message they pretend to promote, they would simply change the delivery method as to not offend those they wish to motivate.  Their conviction is that of a child, "I'm going to keep doing it because you told me not too."

That America is filled with racist white people and always has been. Just pick up a history book.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That America is filled with racist white people and always has been. Just pick up a history book.

And Africans sold slaves a hundred years ago as well. 

Adding to you tally of worthless one line posts. Tell us about the Crusades. 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

And Africans sold slaves a hundred years ago as well. 

Adding to you tally of worthless one line posts. Tell us about the Crusades. 

What do either of those things have to do with white racism in the United States of America?

Does anyone even remember why the players are kneeling? Oh, yeah... Cops killing blacks at an unprecedented scale. Of course Trump hates the protests.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

It’s like the NFL owners never watched the breaking bad episode “half measures.” They have fucked this whole thing up completely and continue to do so.  Half measures don’t work in the face of complete opposition. 

Hey NFL owners here’s the thing: Trump hates your collective guts because you denied him an NFL franchise twice and he got his ass kicked and humiliated in court on the USFL thing. The Salty Sailor never forgets a humiliation because it strikes him at his core. He wants to destroy you and the anthem kneeling bullshit is a political win for him with his stupid ass base. 

So when all this bullshit came along you had two choice, (1) stand with the Dotard and tell your players to fuck off, or (2) stand with the players and tell the Dotard to fuck off. You owners have tried to have it both ways, as best exemplified by Jerry’s pathetic kneeling with the players then standing before the anthem in a game last year. 

Choose a a side then execute a plan you nitwits. How the fuck did you ever make so much money anyway acting like a bunch of pussies. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

They did, you fucking worthless obtuse fuckhead.

26 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You twats get offended by everything, don't try to pretend that would change now.

3 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I get a kick out of reading posts like TornACL's foam-at-the-mouth.   Or to quote Chicken "it's glorious to watch you suffer and then deflect with your one liners and multiple socks."

I get a kick out of watching the conservatives on this board act put upon and aggrieved.

It's really funny.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Again, if the NFL players actually cared about the message they pretend to promote, they would simply change the delivery method as to not offend those they wish to motivate. 

I think they're doing a damned good job of spreading awareness. The people who are angry about their method are also angry about their message, your made-up black friends and Canadian girlfriends notwithstanding.

• Like 1