Trump’s NFL Flag Bullshit Not Going Away

Hugo Stiglitz

20 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I get a kick out of reading posts like TornACL's foam-at-the-mouth.   Or to quote Chicken "it's glorious to watch you suffer and then deflect with your one liners and multiple socks."

Deflection begets deflection, fuck face.

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Do tell. Sorry you are getting yourself so worked up lmao

Kaepernick didn't start by taking a knee. By the time a large number of players had stopped taking a knee, Trump was still banging that political drum relentlessly for more cheap points among his fanbase. It works, because it gets sad little men like you worked up into a frenzy.

You'd probably know all that already if you weren't so busy ignoring truth and instead straw polling imaginary minority military veterans. In order to believe you, we'd have to believe that people would willingly engage with you in public. ha ha, Fat chance of that.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The smartest thing to do would have been to stop playing the national anthem at football games.

The smart thing to do was to say the players can express themselves however they want, because this is fucking America. 

• Like 2

Just now, 'stache said:

The smart thing to do was to say the players can express themselves however they want, because this is fucking America. 

Well yes, that’s the right thing to do but it would only allow Trump to keep pushing the narrative and sow more division.

If the NFL removed the anthem and found some other way to honor the military like a moment of silence, Trump would be up shit creek. 

There’s a group of people that can’t own up to the fact that some police do bad things.  They’ve spent a lifetime getting ,back the blue drilled into their heads and practicing hero worship.  It is absolutely outside their reality that police can be the bad guys sometimes.

Prior to cellphones, they just claimed blacks were liars.  Now they are seeing it with their own eyes, and still refuse to believe it.  It triggers these people to no end to see people shine the light on bad cops.  Hell, on the Shag we had to create an entire board just for bad cops, cause the snowflake hero whorshippers didn’t want to see it.

As for the method of protest,when Ferguson happened all we heard was why can’t they protest peacefully.  Now NFL players are protesting peacefully and they move the goalpost again.  At some point these folks just need to be honest and admit they don’t want to hear things that tarnish cops.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

They did, you fucking worthless obtuse fuckhead.

If you could stop lathering yourself into such a tizzy you would understand I have no issue personally with taking a knee. It doesn’t offend me. I 100% agree with and support their cause. 

I believe people have the right to be offended by their actions for their own reasons  

I also  agree that a business has a right to protect their bottom line. If these onfield protests cost them sales, merchandise, future contracts or sponsors they should have the right to tell them to do it on their own time. I also believe the players have every right to do as they believe and deal with the consequences of their actions. 

Businesses shouldn’t be forced to allow political protests on their company time. A business should also not be forced to hire someone who will hurt the rest of their employees ‘ bottom line. It’s really simple. 

But because you don’t get your way you just throw you tantrum and stomp your feet. Throw insults and call everyone racists.  Calm down 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

There’s a group of people that can’t own up to the fact that some police do bad things.  They’ve spent a lifetime getting ,back the blue drilled into their heads and practicing hero worship.  It is absolutely outside their reality that police can be the bad guys sometimes.

Prior to cellphones, they just claimed blacks were liars.  Now they are seeing it with their own eyes, and still refuse to believe it.  It triggers these people to no end to see people shine the light on bad cops.  Hell, on the Shag we had to create an entire board just for bad cops, cause the snowflake hero whorshippers didn’t want to see it.

As for the method of protest,when Ferguson happened all we heard was why can’t they protest peacefully.  Now NFL players are protesting peacefully and they move the goalpost again.  At some point these folks just need to be honest and admit they don’t want to hear things that tarnish cops.  

*dont disagree with any of this*

is this group of people the majority of who you believe is opposed to taking a knee during the national anthem?

42 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Where did this come from?

Here's the way you should be looking at this issue:

- When people buy gas at Exxon they don't want the clerk to start preaching about abortion

- When people buy milk at Safeway they don't want the cashier preaching about gun ontrol

- When people get their IBM server fixed they don't want the techie to yammer about gay marriage

- When people have the Price Waterhouse auditor looks at their books they don't want him talking about the Fair Tax.

- When people go buy a new trash can at KMart they don't want their stock boy complaining about health care policy.

- When people to Bugtussle Bowling Alley they don't want the manager bitching about the war in Afghanistan

- When people go to Home Depot for a ladder they don't want they sales guy whining about steel imports

- When people go to an NFL game they don't want they employees protesting the police

Whether it's Exxon, Safeway, IBM, Price Waterhouse, KMart, Bugtussle Bowling, Home Depot or the NFL management needs to understand that customers don't like their employees bitching to customers about politics.  Or religion.  Or whatever.  They don't want to hear their shit.  Any kind.  And every place I know fires employees that don't understand that.  And people I know do business elsewhere if they get hassled by employees.

And it doesn't have squat to do with the validity of the issue.  It's like getting a robo call about some issue you like.  You still don't like the robo call.

Edited by TahoeHorn
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

- When people buy gas at Exxon they don't want the clerk to start preaching about abortion

- When people buy milk at Safeway they don't want the cashier preaching about gun ontrol

- When people get their IBM server fixed they don't want the techie to yammer about gay marriage

- When people have the Price Waterhouse auditor looks at their books they don't want him talking about the Fair Tax.

- When people go buy a new trash can at KMart they don't want their stock boy complaining about health care policy.

- When people to Bugtussle Bowling Alley they don't want the manager bitching about the war in Afghanistan

- When people go to Home Depot for a ladder they don't want they sales guy whining about steel imports

- When people go to an NFL game they don't want they employees protesting the police

Whether it's Exxon, Safeway, IBM, Price Waterhouse, KMart, Bugtussle Bowling, Home Depot or the NFL management needs to understand that customers don't like their employees bitching to customers about politics.  Or religion.  Or whatever.  They don't want to hear their shit.  Any kind.  And every place I know fires employees that don't understand that.  And people I know do business elsewhere if they get hassled by employees.

Much like you, I always tear up when my Exxon gas station man stands for the National anthem right before he sells me his beef jerky. 

Has swam taken over your account? Because you’ve approached his unique level of moron. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

*dont disagree with any of this*

is this group of people the majority of who you believe is opposed to taking a knee during the national anthem?

Not sure.  That group plus the folks that are over the top patriotic and partisan make up the vast majority.  Funny thing, 100% of these people are the ones who whine about PC and safe spaces....and then get over the top triggered when someone peacefully does something that offends them.  Pathetic.

the rest of the folks who are mad about it are just plain racists.

14 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

And it doesn't have squat to do with the validity of the issue.  It's like getting a robo call about some issue you like.  You still don't like the robo call.

Im just talking why people are upset about the kneeling.

But to your point, All of those companies engage in forms of political talk, whether its talking about being environmentally conscious, supporting equal rights and diversity, and so on. All of those companies have corporate messages on political topics that for the most part aren’t controversial or that the vast majority of folks align/agree with.   For some reason, you tell me, some people are offended by the message that cops shouldn’t abuse minoroities.  How is that a controversial message. 

Im not talking about from the company NFL perspective,  understand why they are doing what they are doing, money.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

If you could stop lathering yourself into such a tizzy you would understand I have no issue personally with taking a knee. It doesn’t offend me. I 100% agree with and support their cause. 

I believe people have the right to be offended by their actions for their own reasons  

I also  agree that a business has a right to protect their bottom line. If these onfield protests cost them sales, merchandise, future contracts or sponsors they should have the right to tell them to do it on their own time. I also believe the players have every right to do as they believe and deal with the consequences of their actions. 

Businesses shouldn’t be forced to allow political protests on their company time. A business should also not be forced to hire someone who will hurt the rest of their employees ‘ bottom line. It’s really simple. 

But because you don’t get your way you just throw you tantrum and stomp your feet. Throw insults and call everyone racists.  Calm down 

Given all of what you've said above, I don't see where you've mentioned that the President should get involved. 

This issue would have ridden itself off into the sunset had it not been for Trump crashing into the issue like the Kool Aid Man and offering nothing of value to the conversation. 

23 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

But to your point, All of those companies engage in forms of political talk, whether its talking about being environmentally conscious, supporting equal rights and diversity, and so on. All of those companies have corporate messages on political topics that for the most part aren’t controversial or that the vast majority of folks align/agree with.  ...

They don't do it to their customers against their will.  If a customer wants to buy Exxon gas without listening to Exxon politics he can. 

But I am distinguishing between a corporate message and the actions of a disgruntled employee with a personal message.  It's different if Price Waterhouse decides to present a corporate message on tax policy to their clients than if a disgruntled junior auditor starts talking about abortion.  Price Waterhouse needs to (and does) give careful thought to when it sends political messages to their clients.  And if they let junior auditors harass their clients about abortion their clients should have the good sense to find a new auditor.

As I sit here I know of no company other than the NFL that lets its employees protest politics to their customers while the customer is buying the product.  It's a foolish management position.

Here's the thing. The outrage is for faux reasons. The players aren't disrespecting ANYONE (sorry, channeled Trump for a second there). Not the troops, not the flag, not the Republicans. They are protesting the unequal treatment of American citizens by police. Rather than address the issue, Trump invented something to be outraged about and everyone with half a brain or less bit. Nevermind that our country was founded on protests against tyranny and there are free speech protections in the Constitution, this just has to be unAmerican.

America, you've been Trumped... AGAIN!!!

LOL at "customer outrage".

Whether they know it or not, the NFL players have all the power.  All they have to do is say "fuck you, all you racist rich white owners" and strike.  The rank and file fanbase would flip out.  Scabs don't work in pro sports.

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

Here's the thing. The outrage is for faux reasons. The players aren't disrespecting ANYONE (sorry, channeled Trump for a second there). Not the troops, not the flag, not the Republicans. They are protesting the unequal treatment of American citizens by police. Rather than address the issue, Trump invented something to be outraged about and everyone with half a brain or less bit. Nevermind that our country was founded on protests against tyranny and there are free speech protections in the Constitution, this just has to be unAmerican.

America, you've been Trumped... AGAIN!!!

Trump did not create the reaction.  Trump doesn't create any reactions.  He's just operating out of the populist playbook.  The tactics have been around for millenia.

14 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

They don't do it to their customers against their will.  If a customer wants to buy Exxon gas without listening to Exxon politics he can. 

But I am distinguishing between a corporate message and the actions of a disgruntled employee with a personal message.  It's different if Price Waterhouse decides to present a corporate message on tax policy to their clients than if a disgruntled junior auditor starts talking about abortion.  Price Waterhouse needs to (and does) give careful thought to when it sends political messages to their clients.  And if they let junior auditors harass their clients about abortion their clients should have the good sense to find a new auditor.

As I sit here I know of no company other than the NFL that lets its employees protest politics to their customers while the customer is buying the product.  It's a foolish management position.

I don’t really disagree with any of that, but my original point and most of the follow ups are about why the customers are actually mad.  

19 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

You mean besides production companies and incorporated musical acts?

17 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Trump did not create the reaction.  Trump doesn't create any reactions.  He's just operating out of the populist playbook.  The tactics have been around for millenia.

Huh? He absolutely created the reaction we are seeing today. This is an issue between the NFL and the players. Period. Yet you and the other trumpkin mouth breathers latch onto this weird patriotism. Jingoism is what it is. It’s just a fucking song and piece of cloth. Get the fuck over it. You should be more aghast at the undermining of our institutions and eroding of our power and influence. That would be true patriotism. Not crying over some fucking notes and verses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

wrong.

Not butthurt either.

y'all will never understand why Kap is wrong, but go ahead and declare everyone who disagrees with him a racist.

the attempted validation of PC wetdreams never stops.  Troll on, motherfuckers...

Uh, in case you didn't notice kneeling during the anthem is the exact opposite of being politically correct

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

The issue with this course of action is a majority of the owners agree with the outrage and feel their players should simply stand up and respect the flag.  The owners, as a group, aren't on the side of the players.  They wanted the status quo to continue (before the anthem rebellion) and to continue what they feel is an opportunity to market (pander) to their fanbase around a nationalist moment.

When convincing a group of people to see an issue from my perspective....I always find some ceremonial/traditional event of theirs and piss all over it.  Always works for me lol. 

Many of the remaining people we need to convert to support criminal justice reform are the one's that get offended by this type of stuff. 

Great cause but really shitty tactic. 

Edited by dOUblewide
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The issue with this course of action is a majority of the owners agree with the outrage and feel their players should simply stand up and respect the flag.  The owners, as a group, aren't on the side of the players.  They wanted the status quo to continue (before the anthem rebellion) and to continue what they feel is an opportunity to market (pander) to their fanbase around a nationalist moment

Which is why if push comes to shove, the players should just strike. They have all the power in this relationship. All they need to do is stick together. Solidarity works.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Which is why if push comes to shove, the players should just strike. They have all the power in this relationship. All they need to do is stick together. Solidarity works.

When does the current bargaining agreement end?

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

When does the current bargaining agreement end?

After the 2020 season, but there's nothing preventing players from sitting out if they are prepared to suffer the consequences of a work stoppage during a collective bargaining agreement. That would require virtually all black players to stick together and act as one.

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

That libtard Nate Boyer on cnn right now talking about how he doesn’t feel like it’s disrespectful to kneel. Oh yeah, Nate? Well Cletus from bumfuck Alabama thinks you’re wrong!

Cletus knows a draft dodging, troop hatin', libtard when he thinks he sees one.

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Lol.... They're not going to strike.  That's a silly idea.  Not only is there not unanimity, there's really not consensus.  I think most support their fellow player's rights to independently make political statements, but they're not going to give up their money or profession for it.  You think Tom Brady is going to lead the Pats out to take a knee, damn the consequences??  C'mon.  This isn't the hill the players need or want to die on.  They should all stay in the locker room in unity, take a knee and have a moment of silence (prayer or otherwise) during the anthem.  Then let the games begin..... 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lol.... They're not going to strike.  That's a silly idea.  Not only is there not unanimity, there's really not consensus.  I think most support their fellow player's rights to independently make political statements, but they're not going to give up their money or profession for it.  You think Tom Brady is going to lead the Pats out to take a knee, damn the consequences??  C'mon.  This isn't the hill the players need or want to die on.  They should all stay in the locker room in unity, take a knee and have a moment of silence (prayer or otherwise) during the anthem.  Then let the games begin..... 

I'm talking about the black players. Just stop working. What are the owners gonna do?

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What makes you think every black player agrees with this specific political statement?  

I don't. I just think it would be great to see them act in solidarity to bring the league to its knees, because they could do it if they acted as one.

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, Stringer said:

Why do we even do the national anthem before football games?   Why not do it before plays or movies?  Maybe before concerts?

I believe it started during WW1 at baseball games. 

A noble deal at the time, but not unlike God Bless America after 9/11, it became a thing they would never be able to step back from. 

Speaking of which, why do people stand and cross their heart during the 7th inning stretch for an Irving Berlin song written in the 1930s?