• ULM
    • BAMA
    • UTSA
    • WVU
    • ISU
    • TCU
    • BAY
    • None
  2. 2. Interested in hosting with a budget?

• Yes for ULM
    • Yes for TCU
    • Yes for BAY
    • Yes for ALL
    • Muledick

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

I thought that was a Port A beach thing.

Downtown Austin is wound up. Just got in from dinner and then a few beers at Lavaca. TCU fan tried to buy me a beer so I took it and poured it out in the trash can while he watched. Atmosphere tomorrow is going to be amazing. See ya at the tailgate.

image.gif.66ad4ea7efdf45e9e96fc94dbe750747.gif

Great time, and @immamac fucking killed it with the carnitas and waygu brisket- amazing work and much appreciated! Can't remember the last time i shotgunned a beer (guessing 15+ years ago) but the festivities today were perfect for it.

Great to meet some longtime posters for the first time and see those of you I've known for ages. Thanks for hosting these immamac, and a shout out to @BornAndRaised for all the work he's put in to make things run smoothly!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

What a great day yesterday. Ruined at the end, but man what a turnout and so much fun. Thanks everyone for coming and making the tailgate awesome. 

Thanks again for a great tailgate experience. My first timer friends had a great time and plan to be at next years festivities.

The brisket was top quality and the only thing keeping up throught second half.

im surprised the porta potties at the top of the hill didnt overflow.

Edited by MissingInAction

5 hours ago, immamac said:

What a great day yesterday. Ruined at the end, but man what a turnout and so much fun. Thanks everyone for coming and making the tailgate awesome. 

Finding that tequila bottle after the game helped. Thanks to everyone that helped set it up. 

I upgraded our Tailgate to the one with 3 cocktail tables and 4 coolers, but told them to keep the TV package off for next season. It cost the same as this season to do it that way this early. We also get the nicer tent - so for the night games I may be investing in some cool hanging lights, and I think I'm going to get a 2nd TV for next season and an additional large solar battery. That way we can run things like a blender or do some quick microwaving of foods. Is there anything that we would have wanted more of for this season that I can get for next season? Thanks in advance everyone!

Next season I want to step up the food game quite a bit, but I need a bit more commitment from people to show up if I do that, because if I'd have smoked a brisket or done something like that for WVU I'd have been pissed. Like 5 people showed up for that game. 

• Hook 'Em 5

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

I upgraded our Tailgate to the one with 3 cocktail tables and 4 coolers, but told them to keep the TV package off for next season. It cost the same as this season to do it that way this early. We also get the nicer tent - so for the night games I may be investing in some cool hanging lights, and I think I'm going to get a 2nd TV for next season and an additional large solar battery. That way we can run things like a blender or do some quick microwaving of foods. Is there anything that we would have wanted more of for this season that I can get for next season? Thanks in advance everyone!

Next season I want to step up the food game quite a bit, but I need a bit more commitment from people to show up if I do that, because if I'd have smoked a brisket or done something like that for WVU I'd have been pissed. Like 5 people showed up for that game. 

Sounds great. did you change locations closer to LHCL? I can't think of anything we "needed" besides an extra TV at times. The lights would be nice. Also, maybe like a standing heater for the november games? Might also be worth since aren't playoff games moving to be at home stadiums? Wouldn't be a bad idea to snag one.

More power would be good for keeping food warm using crockpots. Microwaves put a serious load on power supplies. I wouldn't recommend unless we have a generator. Unless I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

I have a TV I'll donate. It's an older lcd but it works and about the same size as what we've been using.