Can I get a short readout?

Bateshorn

About the football team?  I don’t want to have to swim through the shit of the football board and I don’t follow recruiting anymore.  In a couple of sentences:

Is the Team any good, should I expect anything more than the last 10 years?

Sorry to Football up CR. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

About the football team?  I don’t want to have to swim through the shit of the football board and I don’t follow recruiting anymore.  In a couple of sentences:

Is the Team any good, should I expect anything more than the last 10 years?

Sorry to Football up CR. 

Offense should be better with Ewers and Freshman OL. Défense will still mostly suck. 

Team is average. Sark is still 7 win Sark. Maybe 8 wins 

To make it CR. Trump is a traitor and I hope he rots in hell. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

They should be better than last year, almost by default. Notable talent upgrade on offense but it’s a youth movement. Limited personnel upgrades on defense, so those expecting improvement are basically saying they think the coaching staff will turn it around. You can decide for yourself whether or not that’s wish casting. Kicker is going to be a big issue, we’ve gotten used to Dicker and the replacements are not any good.

They recruited well, headlined by the best OL class in the country and the best at Texas since ????. Very refreshing to see so many top recruits on the OL/DL, the staff obviously made a point to prioritize the trenches, which was the correct move. That kind of fell into their lap with the coaching coaches at OU, Oregon, and LSU, but whatever. 2023 recruiting has been very strong with Arch Manning headlining, though I’d like to see them haul in another top tier DL. We’ll see if that holds…

Surly group think seems to be at 9-10 wins. I’m thinking this is a 6-8 win team. I will say that even I can see the potential for them to be very good in 2023.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

About the football team?

They look fucking phenomenal. They play smart, aggressive football and have improved dramatically in coach’s second year. Currently #2 but just beat the hell out of the #1 team in front of a rowdy sell-out home crowd last night, and our top player is looking like a shoe-in for MVP. 

Oh. Oh you mean that football team. Yeah, they still suck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Surly group think seems to be at 9-10 wins. I’m thinking this is a 6-8 win team. I will say that even I can see the potential for them to be very good in 2023.

The whole “next year“ thing is such a cliche, and very aggyish at times. But it truly applies here.  I think the staff has built out a really solid young team that will improve rapidly.

CR: Abbott continues to find ways to embarrass Texas. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

They look fucking phenomenal. They play smart, aggressive football and have improved dramatically in coach’s second year. Currently #2 but just beat the hell out of the #1 team in front of a rowdy sell-out home crowd last night, and our top player is looking like a shoe-in for MVP.

I can follow Westlake football on my own, thankyouverymuch.

Edited by Bateshorn

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

Offensively, we will be absolutely Trumpy, and our defense will be as obstructionist as Mitch McConnell.

We’re going undefeated.  538-0.

So penalty riddled with frequent unforced errors complimented by a D that over achieves for a while before caving? Sounds about right