• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

Putting anything gun related on your car is an invitation to have it broken into.  NRA sticker, "come and take it," whatever.  It's an advertisement that there is a possibility of a firearm in the vehicle, well worth a smash and grab.  
If you're going to carry, good for you.  Just don't advertise it unless you want to periodically replace your vehicle windows.  

What’s the point if you can’t let everyone know what a badass you are?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

That Oakley "Thermonuclear Protection" stickers haven't been merged into an NRA or Back the Blue sticker is a marketing sin of the highest order.  

What happened to this country?  We used to be on top of opportunities like this.  Now, we're a bottom.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Man, she is smuggling some serious okra down there!"

"What, is that a euphemism for something?  She's got a great ass, something like that?"

"Ummmmmm.....sure.  Yep, that's what it is, a euphemism."

I think it’s green chile. He’s making inverse chile rellenos. Instead of stuffing the chiles with cheese, etc., he’s using the chiles to stuff something else. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That Oakley "Thermonuclear Protection" stickers haven't been merged into an NRA or Back the Blue sticker is a marketing sin of the highest order.  

What happened to this country?  We used to be on top of opportunities like this.  Now, we're a bottom.

but a power bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, futureman said:

No CR 

2D8E3FAA-27A1-4477-8506-52E160B4F613.jpeg

I gotta tell ya, I've got my doubts about a covert intel agency that only gets around to murdering a dude when he's 99 years old.  That's not the "can do, gung-ho" American spirit I expect from my murderous, shadowy intelligence group.  They can review my comments in their year-end evaluation.  My comments are not kind.

• Haha 6

Middle of the day Wednesday, saw a car parked outside a liquor store that had a "Caution:  Student Driver" magnetic sign on it.  

I had so many questions.

Edited by Lobo

On 12/28/2021 at 12:00 PM, Lobo said:

If you paid attention dammit, my mock conversation was the guys in the light house saying (in the Usted). "I see you're headed to Iraq."  They're using maps of the coastline/lighthouse, not charts.  ;)  Plus they've been drinking beers apparently.  

And no, you don't "head down the coast of Spain to transit the Strait of Gibraltar" from Galicia.  Your chart should tell you that littoral zone isn't 'Spain', it's called Portugal.  If you must stereotype, call it the Iberian Coastline, but you don't run your fleet along "the coast of Spain" to get down to Gibraltar.  But yes Commander, otherwise...it's a perfectly valid course to get to Iraqi airspace via the Mediterranean Sea.  I just didn't want your destroyer to embarrass NATO by radioing in at the Farol de Cabo in Spanish, and insulting our Portuguese friends by asking, "Espanoles de Costa...esta es la ruta a Gibraltar, si?"  It's their coastline, they like their language way more than Spanish.  The old saying goes, "Nobody gets to the Rock but through Us (the Portuguese)."   The Portuguese were once the most vaunted Navy the world have ever known, show some respect.  ;)  

If steaming from the US a ship will inchop at Rota Spain, then head south and take a left at Gibraltar into the Med. At least that's the way it was 40 years ago. 

On 12/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, Guadaloopy said:

MISSOURI and IOWA served in the first Gulf War, so that’s not the most egregious inaccuracy in this story.

1) No one is contacting ships 25 NM away to coordinate maneuvers and avoid collision.  

2) A US Navy ship would never communicate in Castilian Spanish over channel 16.  This conversation would happen in the international communication standard - Maritime English.  

3) Surface ships and submarines do not transit in company unless they are doing a photo op.  It would defeat the purpose of a submarine to do this. 

Versions of this story have been floating around the Navy since the invention of radio.  

Again, it is a funny joke.  

MissingInAction believes it's true.

My chart and map Both concur.  His contention was to continue from the Galician coast ‘down the Spanish coastline’ until Gibraltar.  The Portuguese charts and maps say otherwise.  You can be navigator, he cannot.