Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This is not stellar football. 

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ha, jesus fuck, they can’t do anything right. 

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Welp, that series sucked too. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Goddamn, that was a terrible game. 

These comments are applicable to whichever game you are watching.  This week's games are the polar opposite of last week's Friday night games.

• Like 1

In ABQ visiting mom for the weekend. 5th Gen NM on mom’s side. Have a graduate degree from UNM and kind of follow UNM sports. Although NM is a beautiful state, with a great climate (in the north), wonderful food, great outdoor options, massive natural resources, and a host of other great selling points, the state as a whole is a dump, UNM is not a good university, and UNM sports in general, and football in particular, are terribad. 
It’s a small population state with terrible football played at the HS level. There are only 3-4 P5 scholarship-quality players per year in the entire state. The facilities are 3rd world. No one cares about UNM football. There is no way, ever, that they will ever be even a decent team. About every 20 years they’ll string together a decent season, but man it’s bad. Rocky Long was their best coach ever, by far, and even he, a former UNM QB, realized he hit the ceiling with mediocrity. 
But I’m typing this having a cup of coffee watching the sun rise over the Sandias. I’ll go get a carne adovada breakfast burrito from Golden Pride in a little while.  Mom and I will walk around the golf course.  It’s 62 degrees, low humidity. So I have that going for me, which is nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nnm said:

In ABQ visiting mom for the weekend. 5th Gen NM on mom’s side. Have a graduate degree from UNM and kind of follow UNM sports. Although NM is a beautiful state, with a great climate (in the north), wonderful food, great outdoor options, massive natural resources, and a host of other great selling points, the state as a whole is a dump, UNM is not a good university, and UNM sports in general, and football in particular, are terribad. 
It’s a small population state with terrible football played at the HS level. There are only 3-4 P5 scholarship-quality players per year in the entire state. The facilities are 3rd world. No one cares about UNM football. There is no way, ever, that they will ever be even a decent team. About every 20 years they’ll string together a decent season, but man it’s bad. Rocky Long was their best coach ever, by far, and even he, a former UNM QB, realized he hit the ceiling with mediocrity. 
But I’m typing this having a cup of coffee watching the sun rise over the Sandias. I’ll go get a carne adovada breakfast burrito from Golden Pride in a little while.  Mom and I will walk around the golf course.  It’s 62 degrees, low humidity. So I have that going for me, which is nice. 

Lol...brings back memories..graduated HS back in 89 in ABQ after starting HS at Odessa Permian and living in Odessa for years... New Mexico has to be only place where football status is far below basketball, baseball and soccer. Heck even girls soccer and basketball drew far more student interest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Joe Morison was a good coach but he bolted to South Carolina after year three when he took the Lobos to a 10-1 record.

Franchione bolted to TCU after a 9-3 bowl season in 1997, UNM’s first bowl since 1961.