Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Just saw Tears For Fears at Moody.  Bought tickets last minute and was glad I went.  Roland and Curt sounded great and can still carry their vocals 35 years after their MTV prime.  I always have that concern when I see nostalgia acts-- that a singer's voice will have deteriorated so much that the band will have to do their songs in different keys, or add a bunch of backing vocals or effects, and the songs just won't come off with the same energy as the original.  Wasn't the case with the show tonight.  I enjoyed the songs from the new album, too.    

• Hook 'Em 1

I had free tickets to the Neil Young show last night.  It was a really great performance.  Just him with a couple of guitars and pianos.  No crazy light show or video screens, just a spotlight on him.  He had a lot of funny banter between songs and told the story of how he acquired his various instruments and what kind of deal he got for them.

In the most Neil Young way - he did not play Harvest Moon, even after 3 encores.

• Hook 'Em 2

Wow, all these artists ON A BOAT?  Sign me up!

Creed

3 Doors Down

Buckcherry

Tonic

Vertical Horizon

Fuel

The Verve Pipe

Tantric

Dishwalla

Louise Post (of Veruca Salt

Nine Days 

That might represent the lowest point in American music since I've been alive, and I survived disco.

Edited by jimmyjazz

As usual LiveNation pretty much sucks.  Tried taking advantage of one of the four pack sale things and it kept showing it as available and my app would hang and the web site was being a little bitch.  Gave up.  I did try another band that I'm less familiar with and bought four tickets to Neil Frances.  Should actually be a good show... not what I would normally buy but 4 tickets for $80 all in at the Scoot Inn sounded good enough for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Dope Lemon (Angus Stone) tix go on sale tomorrow for the 9:30 in DC.  Silly name but skrong, mellow tunes. Going to try and grab a pair before they're gone. Also put in for The Prentenders.  

Just picked up my tickets.  Spotify presale password is Kimosabe2023.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Dope Lemon (Angus Stone) tix go on sale tomorrow for the 9:30 in DC.  Silly name but skrong, mellow tunes. Going to try and grab a pair before they're gone. Also put in for The Prentenders.  

Nice... I really like his sound.  He's a definite on my list at ACL weekend one.

13 hours ago, GenXer said:

Oh. So you were the other guy at the show.

I commented to my wife that the odds were pretty good for single dudes last night.  The caveat is that many of those girls are just looking for the slightest reason and opportunity to live out their “Goodbye Earl” fantasies.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I commented to my wife that the odds were pretty good for single dudes last night.  The caveat is that many of those girls are just looking for the slightest reason and opportunity to live out their “Goodbye Earl” fantasies.  

I don’t know any of their songs. I haven’t listened to radio since around 2005; I only listened to alternative rock stations before that. I know nothing of the chicks audience.

I was shocked and looked around the audience with disbelief and judgement when so many people were singing along to four non blondes before the chicks’ set. Why would they play that horribad song between blondie, benatar and joan jett? I get the female empowerment thing but that song is a 90’s embarrassment.

Hit Red Rocks on Thursday for Night 2 of Caamp. What a fantastic show. It started raining during the second opener and rained all night. The band walked out to CCR’s “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” and the entire crowd was singing the chorus in full throat.

d2bc0f6018a6bee0f2231f52eb05fada.jpg

e275bd9f71d0e0d6a6bd5dd29e99c010.jpg

3fcc87add240498042b26555486995a2.jpg

Bought tix for Bahamas at Kessler and The Walkmen at Longhorn Ballroom on the flight up Wed AM.

• Hook 'Em 2

Went to Red River last night to catch shows at Stubb's, Empire and Mohawk.  Saw six bands I had never heard of and for the most part though they were great.  

Stubb's - Don't Get Lemon - dark wave/new wave sound.  Liked it.

Empire Garage and Control Room - Dmitri, Ohms and Vision Arcade.   All three rock bands.  Caught only two songs of Dmitri.  Ohms was playing inside and sounded pretty good.  Seems like a very new band - said they just started calling themselves Ohms.  Vision Arcade was great.  Excellent energy - really good show.  

Mohawk - Touch Girl Apple Blossom and then Curl inside.  TGAB sounded good but could not heard the singer... sound guy should have fixed that.  Curl... yeah, I heard all of it.  Small confined space, amps cranked to 11 and so freakin' lound.  Very high energy and very loud.  Good stuff but pretty raw.

PXL_20230723_014717738.jpg

PXL_20230723_020212305.jpg

PXL_20230723_012746277.jpg

PXL_20230723_031143600.jpg

PXL_20230723_004308127.jpg

PXL_20230723_023608186.jpg

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 2

What do y'all think of the Friday lineup at Far Out for Levitation?  I know Allah-Las (really dig their sound) and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.  Tanukichan sounds pretty good.

image.thumb.png.6927b7689beebeeb91b54d321a7779a5.png

I really want to go to the Saturday show with the Black Angels and Dandy Warhols at Far Out but I suspect the timing will hose us with other Halloween even stuff.  

15 hours ago, texasdago said:

What do y'all think of the Friday lineup at Far Out for Levitation?  I know Allah-Las (really dig their sound) and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.  Tanukichan sounds pretty good.

image.thumb.png.6927b7689beebeeb91b54d321a7779a5.png

I really want to go to the Saturday show with the Black Angels and Dandy Warhols at Far Out but I suspect the timing will hose us with other Halloween even stuff.  

panda bear will put on a good show. that should be a good day of music...unfortunately it's at far out. personally i'll be at stubbs, been wanting to see uncle acid for a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, stc said:

panda bear will put on a good show. that should be a good day of music...unfortunately it's at far out. personally i'll be at stubbs, been wanting to see uncle acid for a long time. 

I like Far Out but I heard Psych Fest was a bit of a mess.  

By the way, anyone remember this band?  

http://www.secret-oktober.com/a-split-second/ (Elysium)

• Hook 'Em 1