Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Took my wife to the Moody Amphitheater last night to see Charlie Puth and Blu DeTiger.  Sat in the premium lawn pods which were fine although some of the foot traffic in front can get annoying.  Good show... not someone I would normally listen to but he's incredibly talented and entertaining.  Actually liked Blu DeTiger's set.  Surprisingly good bass player.

PXL_20230526_003413649.jpg

PXL_20230526_015105638.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Took some Houston friends to Sagebrush on Sunday to see Scattered and Shattered... sort of an all-star band made up of Kym Warner, Cody Braun from Reckless Kelly, one of the band members from Robert Earl Keen and i can't remember the fourth guy.  They played songs as a band and then had musicians like Dave Orr, Jeff Craig, Darci Carlson and Union Specific sit in.  Only $5.00

Catch their next show... 

• Hook 'Em 1

Saturday at Stubbs. Hold steady. Who wants to get weird?!?!??

On 5/25/2023 at 9:49 PM, 4th&Five said:

Justin from Susto at a private show in Spicewood tonight. Really cool. 
IMG_1767.thumb.jpeg.68f5f93c40501871da2e135b845804d0.jpeg

Seeing them next month. Can’t f’ing wait. 

On 5/24/2023 at 5:10 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I'd pay to see Liz.  That Guyville album was way heavy in my rotation at the time.

Saw her at Mohawk a few years ago and she was fantastic.  There were probably only 600-700 people there. I was surprised she'd got booked at a venue with the capacity of ACL Live.

Gorillaz tickets in the Q2 presale for AFC season ticket holders are surprisingly affordable.  $50ish for north end seats to $200 for floor.

I can't stand the Gorillaz so I'm out.  If they toured as Blur, then I'd be in.

Edited by CooterBrown

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Gorillaz tickets in the Q2 presale for AFC season ticket holders are surprisingly affordable.  $50ish for north end seats to $200 for floor.

I can't stand the Gorillaz so I'm out.  If they toured as Blur, then I'd be in.

presale code?

June concerts

Third Eye Blind at Choctaw

Garbage, Noel Gallagher, Metric at Dos Equis

Pixies, Bully at Southside

I’d like to fit in Cloud Nothings and Wavves but it’s a Tues night in Ft Worth. not sure I’m up for battling traffic from far north Dallas mid week.

I’ll be at Billy Strings on Friday and Saturday for what will be my 3rd and 4time seeing him. The things that Billy can do with an acoustic guitar are incredible , and he and his band are pretty much at the height of their superpowers right now. The one and only Les Claypool described BMFS well in a recent interview:

He’s become a good friend and a friend of the family, and I hear these stories, and we have kind of similar upbringings. His was even, even more colorful in many ways or equally as colorful, and he’s just got, he’s got more years on him than his actual tenure on the planet, if that makes any sense. He’s got an old soul vibe to him, and a lot of it comes from the, I’ll call it salt. He has salt. He’s salty, you know, so he’s the real deal. He can play like he plays because he sat on the porch with his family for many years and just played with his friends and relatives, you know, and that’s it. It’s just like breathing for him.

23 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Any of you miscreants going / want to go to Clan of Xymox tonight at Elysium in Austin? My plus-one is out, so I have an extra (free) ticket....

Darkwave/goth is severely underrepresented here, but thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm not but go early to see Curse Mackey. He's been holding down the Austin industrial scene since the early 90s.  He's really good live for a one man band.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I'm not but go early to see Curse Mackey. He's been holding down the Austin industrial scene since the early 90s.  He's really good live for a one man band.

Yep I'm interested to see him play. Unfortunately there's another opener before him that I just saw open for Sisters of Mercy and am not into. Anyway, it could be a late night.. stoked for it though.

Went to Miller Outdoor theater last night for Classic Albums Live.

This group plays, you guessed it, Classic Albums...cut for cut.

They did the Beatles Sgt. Peppers last night.  They were backed by the Houston Symphony.  It was a fun chill night on the hill.

I've NEVER seen it as packed as it was for their free summer series shows..Seats and Hill were 90% full.  We were almost on the backside of the hill, lol

Looked at their website and they're playing all over the country, different albums, Purple Rain, Back in Black, Dark Side of the Moon, Ziggy Stardust, Rumors

Heading to see Billy Strings tonight at Moody Center. Looks like they aren't running the $20 state parking garages tonight, only the $40 lot next to Moody. Anybody know a good spot for street parking? Or are you allowed to park in the state garages anyway? I assume not. 

Going to Duran Duran tonight with the wife, and GOLL and his wife.
Pretty sure this concert is all about the ladies having a good time.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the show, I dig some Duran Duran tunes.  But the ladies were super-into it back in the day.
Same here. Went with my wife and another couple because she couldn't find a +1. The 45 minute set followed by a break is...interesting.

23 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:
Going to Duran Duran tonight with the wife, and GOLL and his wife.
Pretty sure this concert is all about the ladies having a good time.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the show, I dig some Duran Duran tunes.  But the ladies were super-into it back in the day.

Same here. Went with my wife and another couple because she couldn't find a +1. The 45 minute set followed by a break is...interesting.

Hey, the cocaine isn't gonna do itself.

On 5/24/2023 at 5:10 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I'd pay to see Liz.  That Guyville album was way heavy in my rotation at the time.

I love Liz Phair, but don’t think I could deal with an almost exclusively Guyville set list. It’s not bad and is probably my second favorite of her albums. But I’m obsessed with Whipsmart and would be annoyed that she didn’t play a bunch of deep tracks from that album instead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Picked up Royal Blood tickets for November.

On Friday, I'll be getting Melvins/Boris and Wilco tickets. 

If anyone has the Wilco presale code, please share. 

"SURPRISE" is the Artist Presale password and "DISCO" is the LiveNation password.

I just got two upper reserved tickets at The Kessler for Okkervil River on 7/13. I've never seen them and that venue is bad ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Picked up Royal Blood tickets for November.

They blew me away a few years back at ACL Fest.  After I got home I called my buddy and started in about an awesome band I had seen, and he said he had just seen a great band at some private aftershow.  Both of us were talking about Royal Blood.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

They blew me away a few years back at ACL Fest.  After I got home I called my buddy and started in about an awesome band I had seen, and he said he had just seen a great band at some private aftershow.  Both of us were talking about Royal Blood.

I missed them that year at ACL but a few months later they were supposed to play Stubb's but they both had the flu and cancelled the day of the show. Looking forward to finally seeing them.

• Hook 'Em 1