Concerts you are attending

bamachine

the nude party at scoot inn. it was an entire crowd of the people who stand in the back at stubb's. every motherfucker there was talking through the entire show. exacerbating the situation, the music was not nearly loud enough...the conversations that normally get drowned out by the music were, unfortunately, all too audible. had to get very close to the front before i felt like i was actually at a concert. they sounded good but i didn't care too much for the setlist, felt like every time they got a little bit of energy going they followed it up with a slow song. they picked up some steam towards the end and finished strong, could have used a few more songs though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Psychedelic Furs still sounded good although Butler's interaction with the crowd in-between songs was frustrating.  Band sounded good and his voice was great.  Evan Dando from the Lemonheads had to have been hammered.  His show was alllll over the place and in the end he just took off his jacket and vest, jumped off the stage and disappeared into the crowd.  

Sorry these posted out of order... Pretty clear which shots are the Furs and which shots are Dando 

PXL_20230506_033841389.jpg

PXL_20230506_010915293.jpg

PXL_20230506_022313514.jpg

PXL_20230506_023917760.jpg

PXL_20230506_010525050.jpg

PXL_20230506_022203057.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Mastodon tonight 

Voivod May 18

Possessed May 22

Bowie covers with Peter Murphy singing sometime in October 

Peter Murphy had been inconsistent health-wise so you may want to check that.  Was thinking about that show, too.

https://consequence.net/2023/03/peter-murphy-david-bowie-tour-rescheduled/amp/

• Hook 'Em 1

Mastodon tonight 
Voivod May 18
Possessed May 22
Bowie covers with Peter Murphy singing sometime in October 

Despite being ten minutes from my house I skipped Mastodon and Gojira to see Muse at Shaky Knees. Holy crap that band delivers. Checked Mars Volta and Phantogram off the list too.

Last night was my first Killers show and they were great. Grouplove, Greta Van Fleet, Placebo, were all good. Didn’t love Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I like their old garage sound better.

My feet are absolutely killing me. Music fests are for the young. One more day to go.

A bunch of buddies turned 50 and hired Soulhat to play at a house party last night. Three original members plus a bad ass drummer. Holy shit they came to play and had a blast despite a smallish crowd of like 50 people.
d97f5de2b275ff33bdb57658741bfcc8.jpg

A private party concert and this is the best picture you could get?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Psychedelic Furs still sounded good although Butler's interaction with the crowd in-between songs was frustrating.  Band sounded good and his voice was great.  Evan Dando from the Lemonheads had to have been hammered.  His show was alllll over the place and in the end he just took off his jacket and vest, jumped off the stage and disappeared into the crowd.  

Sorry these posted out of order... Pretty clear which shots are the Furs and which shots are Dando 

PXL_20230506_033841389.thumb.jpg.67d7e97318f5f200c389d7ff15aae968.jpg
PXL_20230506_010915293.thumb.jpg.1d61832343e353fe5447e31a9bb77cc3.jpg
PXL_20230506_022313514.thumb.jpg.11198a3bb47159e9b590b0cc9d99adff.jpg
PXL_20230506_023917760.thumb.jpg.d53300cac1389f7509a844fa3a40c155.jpg
PXL_20230506_010525050.thumb.jpg.e6a8af909d5e63869b90cd9a85b27ea9.jpg
PXL_20230506_022203057.thumb.jpg.81245d44d2e4c76f20d7f50973e68a2d.jpg

Was at that show as well and thought it was great

When we walking inThe security guard told us he found dando rolling around on the loading dock earlier in the day. Dude was fucked up.

Trying to convince my brother to go to Mohawk in a couple of weeks to hear My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult... industrial club music from the late 80s, early 90s.  Always on the fringe for me on club music back then... a bit odd and weird but kind of classic club music:

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, texasdago said:

Trying to convince my brother to go to Mohawk in a couple of weeks to hear My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult.

Couple of weeks?  It's next Friday.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Plus seeing Violent Femmes the night before.

The Cure was great last night. Felt like Robert's voice got better as the show went on. Starplex was oversold and the lawn was billowing over into the reserved seating area. So many hits. They played for 2:45. Went on at 8:15, done right at 11pm. Sold setlist of both hits and deeper cuts. Younger kids loved it. Both Robert and the opener's lead singer complained about how hot it was. And this was only muggy May and not sweltering August. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Cure was great last night. Felt like Robert's voice got better as the show went on. Starplex was oversold and the lawn was billowing over into the reserved seating area. So many hits. They played for 2:45. Went on at 8:15, done right at 11pm. Sold setlist of both hits and deeper cuts. Younger kids loved it. Both Robert and the opener's lead singer complained about how hot it was. And this was only muggy May and not sweltering August. 

Headed to the Austin show tonight. Can’t wait.

42 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Both Robert and the opener's lead singer complained about how hot it was. And this was only muggy May and not sweltering August. 

I'm sure I've said it here before, but seeing Billy Idol deal with late afternoon early October Texas heat at ACL Fest was hilarious.  To be fair, it was very hot, but his leather pants and leather jacket didn't help.  The jacket lasted about one song, the white silk blouse lasted about one more, and it was all he could do to avoid kicking the leather pants to the curb.  His comments were perfect.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sure I've said it here before, but seeing Billy Idol deal with late afternoon early October Texas heat at ACL Fest was hilarious.  To be fair, it was very hot, but his leather pants and leather jacket didn't help.  The jacket lasted about one song, the white silk blouse lasted about one more, and it was all he could do to avoid kicking the leather pants to the curb.  His comments were perfect.

The opener's lead singer had a funny line. "We're from Scotland. This weather is too hot for Scots...and for goths". 

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

I hate how the vertical tilt wall of Starplex funnels hot air in and traps it, with little chance to capture any breeze.  That stage has to be sweltering.

29 songs across two encores.  Robert covered all three of his new songs: Alone; And Nothing Is Forever; Endsong.  I wished I had studied those more last year- I wasn't prepared for how powerful Endsong is, and it feels like a return to Wish, some 31 years later:

21 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

HaHa that was a bookend for me.  I remember when I first saw the band setting up and Club Foot and thought "oh no, another bunch of fucking screamers" Then Billy Idol sang a couple and I was hooked.  ACL was funny because the had to restart the song a couple times to get on pitch.  But I feel his pain. I used to be able to hit every note of his in the early 80's, now I can hit about as many of those old highs as Billy can himself.  But year especially hard to be a leather clad punk in the Texas heat, but put on a decent show for an old guy.  Still better to see Billy shirtless than Iggy!

Didn’t they move it to Starplex because of the Stars playoffs?

4 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Didn’t they move it to Starplex because of the Stars playoffs?

I think they couldn't use the AAC because of the uncertainty of playoff scheduling for the Mavs and Stars. It was always a ticket for Starplex. I prefer it to the AAC which is pretty cavernous. 

Went to see Tyler Childers in Santa Barbara last month.  The show was great, it was my first time seeing him and he's just so impressive live.  He chose not to play his biggest song, which is always annoying, but it was still well worth it.

If you haven't been, the Santa Barbara Bowl FUCKS!  I will be monitoring their schedule going forward and going back anytime someone I want to see is playing there.

Edited by BTW

I think they couldn't use the AAC because of the uncertainty of playoff scheduling for the Mavs and Stars. It was always a ticket for Starplex. I prefer it to the AAC which is pretty cavernous. 

Never been to a concert at the AAC. Saw them twice at Reunion(underrated as a music venue IMHO) and they were outstanding.

Haven’t been to Starplex in ages but from my experience, if you were somewhere between the stage and the soundboard it sounded good. If you were between the soundboard and the lawn the sound got muddy.