NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

I think that Gobert trade is probably going to wind up being the worst trade in NBA history. 

And there have been some titanically horrendous trades over the years. 

Minny basically punted ever being able to contend with Edwards. Why the fuck would he resign for them?

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

No Lillard, no Grant, no Nurkic, no Simons, and yet...

And the missed layup at the end made me legit lol.  I mean...really?  I'm trying to think of another example, ever, where an open layup goes OVER THE BACKBOARD.

What a weird play call. You have to get it to Gobert and let him cook.

OKC fans booing Durant every time he touches the ball is one of the more embarassing things I've ever seen from a fanbase.

It's been 7 years. Go back to your meth-ridden trailers and let the dude play basketball. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

OKC has some size issues. Durant is causing them problems on both ends and he isn't exactly a massive presence. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

OKC fans booing Durant every time he touches the ball is one of the more embarassing things I've ever seen from a fanbase.

It's been 7 years. Go back to your meth-ridden trailers and let the dude play basketball. 

We were at the game.  The hate is kind of old at this point.  I was hoping they'd give him an ovation at this point but no.  Hate still keeps them warm at night.

At one point, the wife said "KD looks bored and he scored 35 points."  That's a good way to put it.

OKC has major size issues.  Their bigs are terrible.  They have Chet, who they really like but as far as who is playing now, their starting center is a second round rookie PF.  They didn't play any other big men tonight.  They have some outstanding young wings who are potential all stars but their bigs are trash.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Kyrie sign and trade with who?

There are only a few options.

1. Lakers. It would have to be Beasley, Bamba and Rui.
2. Suns. CP3 would have to be included

That’s about it. He doesn’t fit anywhere else. The wildcard perhaps is the wolves with a straight up for Gobert.

Fit? This is Kyrie we are talking about, he doesn't care about that. He could wake up one day and decide he wants to play for the Kings, and sign for the MLE on a 1 year deal just because he can. He'll spout off on Twitter about how they oppressors want to control him and send him to a certain team, but THIS move is him taking control and sticking it to those men behind the curtain!

That dude is just an oddball, he could retire and hang it up, and nobody would be surprised. 

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Agreed. Was at the game and the hillbilly behind us was literally spitting on us with his overly enthusiastic booing. But they sure love them some Chris Paul. 

Fit? This is Kyrie we are talking about, he doesn't care about that. He could wake up one day and decide he wants to play for the Kings, and sign for the MLE on a 1 year deal just because he can. He'll spout off on Twitter about how they oppressors want to control him and send him to a certain team, but THIS move is him taking control and sticking it to those men behind the curtain!
That dude is just an oddball, he could retire and hang it up, and nobody would be surprised. 

We are talking about a sign and trade to get the mavs something back. There are few options for that. I think the chances are:

2% re-signs with the Mavs
3% sign and trade
80% signs with the lakers on some kind of strange structured contract
5% signs somewhere else (probably Suns)
10% retires/takes year off

1 hour ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Agreed. Was at the game and the hillbilly behind us was literally spitting on us with his overly enthusiastic booing. But they sure love them some Chris Paul. 

We have fairly good seats and at one point, Durant was going back and forth with a guy who had a neck tat.  My wife said “You’re Kevin Durant and you’re arguing with a guy from Oklahoma with a neck tat.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

For all of kyries batshit crazy stuff show me one time he didn't take every cent possible. He's not signing for less than the max unless he has no other options. That's what his trade demand was about in Brooklyn. It's what his apology was about. It's what he is about. 

Yup. The absolute worst thing that could happen to Dallas would be offering him a team friendly deal and then having him accept it because he doesn't have any better offers. Then you've got the version of Kyrie that feels slighted playing for less than he's worth, while reminding you constantly what a huge favor he's giving the organization by playing for "scraps."

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

Right.  It's been a long ass time and it's not like Westbrook is w/o flaws.

14 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Luka's defensive effort in a must win game is embarrassing. No effort at all. He has not boxed out anyone all day. He hasn't even attempted to. 

Never really his thing.

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

Melo got booed in Denver up until he retired.  And I'm just fine with that.

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Damn shame that GSW and Phoenix will square off in round 1.

Maybe, but maybe not. Both LA teams own the tie-breaker against GSW, I believe. Lakers play the Clippers tonight. If whoever wins tonight wins out, they get the 5 seed.

Suns/Lakers R1 might get the best ratings of any round of the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Unpopular opinion but if fully healthy, Phoenix beats GS.

Phoenix would be close to a -200 favorite. 

Edited by ztejas

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Unpopular opinion but if fully healthy, Phoenix beats GS.

I think that's pretty much consensus. Golden State needs a couple weeks to get Wiggins reacclimated and try to remember how to play some semblance of defense. Facing Kevin fucking Durant isn't exactly easing them into the playoffs.

As great as Sacramento has been, I think everyone is still skeptical.

25 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think that's pretty much consensus. Golden State needs a couple weeks to get Wiggins reacclimated and try to remember how to play some semblance of defense. Facing Kevin fucking Durant isn't exactly easing them into the playoffs.

As great as Sacramento has been, I think everyone is still skeptical.

Watched Durant in person on Sunday.  He's just a few games off an injury but just went to shit spot and shot.  35 points and OKC did a great job defending him.  It's just impossible.

Speaking of that game, the wife (no pics) doesn't know anything about the NBA but when I told her Devin Booker was/is dating a Kardashian, she later went down the wormhole of players they had been with.  She surprisingly declared that Booker was the only one to escape the Blake Hole of Kardashians.  

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Hook 'Em 1